• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time Police - T

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Welcome to the Time Police

Intro
    Welcome to the Time Police. The Time Police is a laid back and not too serious RP based around the corruption of RPs on The Pokecommunity that were created prior to this one. It will mostly focus on the action and combat aspects of RPing, however you are more than welcome to be comedic with it, explore awkward friendships or possible romantic connections with other characters, go off and do some Pheonix Wright style detective work around town, solve some crimes or whatever else you can think of.

The main points of this RP are to one; have fun playing as characters that normally wouldn't be accepted and two; to introduce you to new RPs and perhaps rekindle the flame beneath older RPs and get a sequel or remaster for it. Now don't worry, you're not going to have to know every single RP out there to participate. Heck, you don't have to know any of the current or past RPs to join this. You might read every OOC/IC thread or you might read a thread or two and then not realize all the great things that the RPT has to offer. Experience and knowledge don't matter. We're just here to have fun. And while we will be taking events from past and current RPs, we won't be being completely faithful to it either.

That being said, RPs that will be visited in this will be somewhat limited. Of course anything in the history of the RPT is acceptable for nomination, however we do need the approval of the GM for that RP. Someone might not want us wreaking havoc in the world that they took the time to create, or they might love to see someone else play with it. We don't know until we try. Whether you are participating or not, if you would like to see something added into the Time Police just post the links to the IC and the OOC for it in this thread along with an idea of what would be fun to corrupt in that world.

Plot
    You've just joined in an interdimensional team of crime fighters. People from all walks of life and all universes have come together to fight against a common enemy. That enemy is as of yet unknown, since as they travel through time, space and even reality they corrupt events of different worlds and change their outcome. As a member of the time police your duty is to travel to these different worlds, defeat the forces of this evil that have been left behind and change the timeline back to the way it was.

Current Worlds
    Spoiler:

Mechanics
    There is a city floating somewhere on the edge of space and at the end of time. This city is where you will begin your service in the Time Police. It is fully explorable and has many things to offer, however most of your time should not be wasted here as the real fun exists once you enter the Room of Doors. There are multiple instances of the Room of Doors - one for each universe - and every time you enter the room you are randomly thrown into a universe's Room of Doors. Just because you entered the world of Gunpowder last time, that does not mean you will be able to get back to Gunpowder's Room of Doors.

The room of doors is spherical in shape and is completely made up of doors. The room stretches to comfortably fit as many occupants as there are to enter. If 500 people were to enter, it would be big enough to comfortably fit 500. If there's only 2 people go in then it's big enough to comfortably fit those two people while still allotting room for all of the doors. Once you enter the Room of Doors, you must either complete one of the tasks or die trying.

The total number of doors within the room of doors varies with the number of problems there are in the world. Whenever history deviates from its true path, a door appears for that point in time. Once history has been corrected and the problem has been fixed, the officers within that point of time will be sucked back through the door and it will disappear. The officers will appear back outside of the door to the Room of Doors and will be allowed to take a break and explore the city or jump right back in and tackle another deviancy in the timeline.

When on the job you will have one or two partners to accompany you. You may specify if you'd like to be in a team of two or three before going out onto a job, but you will never work alone. The room of doors will not open without identifying at least two people with intent to both enter and work together towards solving one of the distortions.

City of Time - Places to go, people to see and subject to editing
    - Church
    - Saloon
    - Downtown
    - Hangar
    - Lab
    - Cafe

Rules and Regulations
    - When entering a world you must do so in a jp fashion or at least both have the same experience as you enter into the new world i.e. don't have one person just walk normally as they go through the door and another person fall out of the sky or whatever. However once there you may choose to tackle the mission cooperatively in a joint post or go at it from two separate angles. Just be sure that it flows and makes sense.
    - All RPT and PC rules apply
    - This RP will be rated T
    - No godmodding
    - Have fun and be respectful. This is an RP for all to have fun with.

Character creation
    You're free to create your character however you want. Give them anything, make them any race, pretty much complete freedom. The sky is the limit. Your character can be comical or completely serious. Have fun with it. Just be warned, while playing a super powerful character that can just wreck anything can be fun, it also gets boring for both you and others very quickly. So just keep that in mind before you let your character have the power to create black holes with every punch they throw.

Officer's Resume
    Since you are allowed to have your character be just about whatever you want it to be you are allowed to put as many categories into your resume as you wish. However there are a few that you must include.

Name:
    Age: In seconds please. No, I'm not kidding. okay yeah im kidding
    Sex:
    Race: Are you black, white, hispanic or a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater?
    Appearance: Onesies are surprisingly comfortable to fight in.
    Power level: A sentient grain of sand has a power level of 1 and a normal human has a power level of 1000. (mostly just for comedic poirposes)
    Personality: Are you a chicken with a god complex? Or a god with a chicken complex? Or somewhere in between?
    Abilities: Skills, powers, testicle size etc etc
    History: Can be literally anything you want.

Character List

- JohnnyMustang as Ryan Grimm
    - <Challenger> as Jack
    - 「sarcasm as Corcky
    - Ullion as Kryxalys
    - Ice as Admiral Admiral Hopps
    - Grey Bidoof as
    - Sonata as Major Tom
    - gio7sm as Dominic Carter
    - Shak as
    - Indigosis as Shade

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    ;-; Noooo!!! Time police snuck up on us. I'll reserve and hope to god I have time.
    Gunpowder and Venice >:( I have to get in.
    If I manage to find the time, I'll definitely be reading it anyway

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    hkPIFnP.png

May I reserve?

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Finally! A for-the-lawlz role play! Count me in!

Name: The Jack of All Trades (More commonly referred to as Jack)
    Sex: Male
    Race: White

Appearance: Yeh

Power level: 6669 A combination of the best numbers!

Personality: Jack has a definite ego. A massive ego. To be clear on exactly how large his ego is, he once saved a world simply because he saw a guy with the name Jack and figured he might be half as good as the Master of All Trades. Jack is a good guy at heart, but quite frankly he goes before everyone else. And if anybody'll be around to worship him, then he's going to have to save them all. I mean, where would the greatest hero in the world be without the ladies to give him rewards? Despite this, he's a pretty chill guy. He's quiet the majority of the time, but when it comes to a battle he's all about the flash.

Abilities: Jack has the uncanny ability to learn how to accomplish any task and wield any weapon after seeing it once. He hasn't quite mastered anything, but he most certainly knows how to do almost everything. This ability comes in rather handy when jumping across realities.

History: Jack has a very dark history, but it isn't really recorded until age fifteen. He trained intensively for years until he figured that he was strong enough to be considered a real terror in a fight. Jack was pulled from his timeline at 16, and he's been serving as a Time Policemen ever since. He's served as more of a, "Shoot first, ask questions later," cop, but his habits have improved over the years.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • This look... very interesting. So we're just been picked out from our own time and sort of been asked/forced to work for this time police. They say stuff is happening and we go to the specific dimension/time and deal with it, rinse repeat. And the various RPs here on PC is basically the setting, and we're allowed to write little cameos or have people talk about the PCs of said RP, yeah? Or will it generally be set some other place/time so we won't run into players of that RP?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • This look... very interesting. So we're just been picked out from our own time and sort of been asked/forced to work for this time police. They say stuff is happening and we go to the specific dimension/time and deal with it, rinse repeat. And the various RPs here on PC is basically the setting, and we're allowed to write little cameos or have people talk about the PCs of said RP, yeah? Or will it generally be set some other place/time so we won't run into players of that RP?

Yes. You've been dragged out of your place of residence whether that's an RP or your imagination, and have been dropped into the ranks of the Time Police. The main setting is the city of time which as more RPs get added in I'll add in more places to go based on those RPs within the city and then you'll go to other RPs to fix problems with the timeline. And if you know enough about the RP you can have cameos. If not you don't have to. I'll be making stat sheets for the various enemies in the worlds you'll be visiting to give you a basic idea of what you're dealing with but the creative input of the players is always welcomed. So one time when you enter a world and it turns out to be Titans for example you might fight an alternate version of Quantum who's much stronger as well as evil and has started to destroy everything. It's hopefully not going to be anything as cut and dry as that, but just an example.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • The 'Meeting a different Quantum who's also evil' sounds absolutely amazing, honestly. I like the idea of you writing down 'stats' to give an idea of what we'd be up against. When you write up the 'chapters' or however you decide to show where we're going, will you be writing a brief description of the RP/world we're going to, or would we have to go read up on that ourselves?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The 'Meeting a different Quantum who's also evil' sounds absolutely amazing, honestly. I like the idea of you writing down 'stats' to give an idea of what we'd be up against. When you write up the 'chapters' or however you decide to show where we're going, will you be writing a brief description of the RP/world we're going to, or would we have to go read up on that ourselves?

Each world will have a brief description to let people know what it's like and any other important information. Like for Gunpowder I'll probably put up some noteworthy bounties aside from the person you're going after since they could get in way of your mission.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • And hopefully also the fact that there's magic and gunslinging and stuff like that involved, so we'll know what kind of enemies we might run into, aside from the 'main threat', right?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Right right. That all falls under what the world is like and other important information.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Oh my gawd, this is my kind of rp!
    May I reserve? I gotta see if I can make my SU as epic as epically possible.
    oh yus time to make an immortal character with a power level of one (hiddenly over 9000 cuz he's a baka)

bullshit character finished! (?)

Name: "Corcky"
    Age: 9000000 years, 108000000 months, 469597113.095 weeks, 3287179791.665 days, 78892314999.960007 hours, 284012333999856 seconds
    Sex: Alien! Male.
    Race: Alien, is what he says.
    Appearance: Ta-dah!
    Power level: -0.1. (hidden; over 9000 but that'd be boring.)
    Personality: Dork, kind of a sadist, kind of a masochist, idiot but is really a genius, gets into accidents and is always the brunt of it- even with someone next to him, too carefree, also kind of annoying. Stupid dork genius! Has no qualms of invading one's personal space. Might get into trouble, even unintentionally.
    Abilities: Immortality. Many powers but doesn't bring himself to use them. he has the power to end all universes- it's trigger is a certain phrase... just kidding, mostly.
    History: No one knows where he appeared from, he's just there. Stayed for many, many, many years and mysteriously doesn't get kicked out.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • I will -most likely- join up for this RP. The concept is too awesome to say no to. So... reserve me, please! I will, however, wait with writing my character until I've seen a few more peoples' choices. I'm thinking of going with a superhero type theme...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I'm fighting a losing battle here, resisting time police is nigh impossible. I'll reserve and we'll see where things go

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I think I'll reserve a spot, if I may? I haven't done any RP in about 8 years, nor am I very creative or good at writing. But I'll give it a shot if I may?

Also, are we allowed to make characters from an existing time line/universe in other medias (like a game were a fan of, for example) and say they were taken away from there? Even if that particular universe isn't apart of the list you're making or in the list of all current/past RPs done?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Well it's official, Doofy convinced me to join. This is the start on my SU...
    Name: Shaq
    Age: Can you really have a single age in an RP called time police47
    Sex: Male
    Race: Black
    Appearance: A big dude...but in case you needed a pic
    Power level: 22, same as his shoe size
    Personality:
    Abilities: KAZAM!!!-
    Black belt in Shaq-fu
    History:
    xD Consider this a place holder for now, unsure if I actually wanna run with the Shaq gag.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I think I'll reserve a spot, if I may? I haven't done any RP in about 8 years, nor am I very creative or good at writing. But I'll give it a shot if I may?

Also, are we allowed to make characters from an existing time line/universe in other medias (like a game were a fan of, for example) and say they were taken away from there? Even if that particular universe isn't apart of the list you're making or in the list of all current/past RPs done?

Yes. Do whatever you think you'll have the most fun writing as.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Name: Kryxalys

Sex: Sure Female

Race: Human

Appearance:
    the_necromancer_by_debbie07.jpg

Power level: Uuuuuh, One thousand six?

Personality: Kryxalys (or 'Kryxy' for short) is a quiet young girl who mostly keeps to herself. Accustomed to independence and being educated at a young age has added greatly to her ego. She is; however, strong-willed and has great determination when she has a goal in mind. However, her sheltered and unsocial life have led her to also be naive to the "world" (universe?). Her family's traditions and beliefs have enstilled in her an obsession to completing her goals that can add to her previous qualities in making her difficult to work with.

Abilities: Being trained and educated as a Priest of Rathma since her infant days, Kryxalys is able to: commune with the deceased, fashion foci out of bone and ivory, temporarily raise the dead, as well as use spells based on bones and poisons. She has a preference to use spells instead of raising the dead unless needbe. Physically speaking, Kryxalys is very frail and avoids being within reach of an enemy. If the situation arises, however, she has a small blade handed down by her parents to protect her.

History: Sanctuary has been the centre of conflict between the High heavens and the Burning Hells ever since the Sin War took place. Since the second coming of the Nephalem (known as the Edyrem), the Order of Rathma has been slowly growing. It has been their duty since their inception to assure that neither the Angels nor the Demons foreign to Sanctuary hold sway or influence on their home world. They believe it is up to them to uphold the balance in the world. The Priests of worship the concept of Balance as well as a celestial being that exists outside of Sanctuary known as Trag'Oul.

Kryxalys was born from two of such priests and since birth has been strictly raised and educated on their beliefs. This lifestyle has led to her being 'sheltered', anti-social and very narrow minded. Upon turning 16, her parents wished for her to see more of the world and expand her horizons. Within a few weeks, she had come across a town that had suffered an attack from small imp-like demons known as The Fallen. While working on clearing them out, she came in contact with a member of the Time Police who had arrived to fix this anomaly. It was the decision of this 'Police'man to bring her back to the City of Time where it was believed she could do more good to the Universe, rather than just her own world.

Back