• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why are you here?

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • No really, why are you on PC? I'm asking because I was wondering why I don't come to PC as often as I used to a couple of years ago, which inspired the question.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hi, Dipu! It's been 3000 years since I last saw you and you can't recognize my me since I changed my name for like 234224 times already. Lol

And to answer the question: Nowadays I come here for the sake of my trade shop and its section, the rest only get 1% of my attention due to a busy life I'm leading. Ya know the thing that we call 'the adult life'? XD

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I like Pokemon! As good a reason as any, right? :D

Really though, I don't have much of a social life due to my living situation so when my sister discovered this place in 2012, I thought hey, why don't I join up as well? It certainly didn't hurt. I made some amazing friends and memories here. <3

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • It's an escape, someplace to go to when I'm feeling alone or down. Here in the past month or two I've been trying to be more social irl so I've kind of not been as active on PC, and then here especially this past month since I've got into a relationship I've been even more inactive to the point of not even logging in some days since I spend all of my time with her. But days like today and yesterday, when she's not around and I'm off of work it's nice to have someplace to come to where I know I won't be bothering people by posting, chatting or just minding my own business and reading through things. It's just a safe place I guess, where I can be alone without really being alone. I know some people here so it's not just me in a sea of strangers, but it's also not like I'm literally surrounded by a sea of people just trying to be lazy or do whatever yknow?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Couldn't download shinygold without signing up.

First time I visited the place I closed the page and decided not to sign up. Couple days later I came back and bit the bullet so I could download the Rom hack

Lucid

It's too early in the morning for an existential crisis. But I've been wanting to delete my account for a while now.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Anyways, I used to ask myself this a lot, although not so much these days, despite the fact that I spend so much time on Discord and if I left the forum I'd be able to stay in touch with most people I speak to. But recently I've done a lot of stuff on PC, and I'm enjoying myself more than I used to. It's...fun. Don't really need a reason other than that.

Being here also gives me something to do when I'm bored. xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm at the same page as Signomi. I grew up with PC and it's practically the forum which I grew up to be the human being I am today. Although in the past few months I've had scuffles with a few good friends, starting over is always an option, and seeing that there is a brand new generation of PCers around, I'd also love to see that new generation grow.

Pokemon is also another reason why. Sun and Moon are coming soon, and I joined this forum when Black and White were barely coming to the US. It's freaking amazing at how far I've come.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    It's my Internet home. I love coming here & talking to your lovely people.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • I just wanted to revisit the forum I grew up with. I've been lurking on and off for a number of years but lately I've felt better doing a bit of posting too.

I'm at the same page as Signomi. I grew up with PC and it's practically the forum which I grew up to be the human being I am today. Although in the past few months I've had scuffles with a few good friends, starting over is always an option, and seeing that there is a brand new generation of PCers around, I'd also love to see that new generation grow.

Pokemon is also another reason why. Sun and Moon are coming soon, and I joined this forum when Black and White were barely coming to the US. It's freaking amazing at how far I've come.

because pokemon is one the best things that ever happened to me
    truestory.​
    Well, you girls pretty much summed up my reasons for being on PC.

Still, I was away from PC for so long, I missed the place and wanted to see the place that welcomed me back in 2007 when we just got Wi-Fi for our Nintendo DS, no longer limiting the people we can interact to, Pokémon-wise (Battles and Trades). Being alone all my life, it really was a huge change for me, as now the world was a massive playground, waiting to be interacted with.

And now, 9 years after that, I stilll feel the same way; about this place, and about Pokémon itself. Thank you for everything, PokéCommunity... and thank you to the Pokémon Franchise as well! :D

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I'm here because I never expected the people here to be nice and funny enough to keep me coming back day after day. PC is one of my staple websites now, and has become one of my most beloved internet homes. And well, I love Pokemon more than anything in life! :D

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Dipu, dafak have you been, boi? D:

Anyway, to answer your question; I still have a passing interest in Pokemon, even if it's just picking up and playing the original games every so often. I was pleased when I heard Red, Blue and Yellow were being re-released for the 20th anniversary, the Gen I saw somewhat of a mini-revival.

Other than that, the community has definitely kept me coming back. It's such a tightly-knight and welcoming atmosphere here, not something all that common on most internet forums these days.

Sirfetch’d

Logging on PC is a habit now for me(but a good habit!) Whenever I open my laptop I automatically type in pokecommunity.com before anything else. The people keep me coming here I guess :3

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I stayed here because I met some really cool people and logging on became a part of my routine =)

Back