• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why are you here?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • You know, that's a good question. I'm not very active nor do I have a lot of friends I talk to on here. I'm very shy and introverted. I also have very awkward social skills that make me very random. I feel like it's my past that makes me return. The fact that PC has always been with me and shaped me into the person you see today. It's helped me learn the hard way that not everyone is my best friend. I've been here since 2004, and it's just hard to not be part of this amazing community.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm here because PC is the only place I've ever been at where I can say that I have true friends. If it wasn't for these forums, I'd have a very lonely life.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i'm here for the unrelated sections, the only three sections i don't have minimized would be community square, entertainment & hobbies, and off-topic discussions which is really all i want in a forum. plus my friends from my old forum all died off and my old forum was garbage

Years
  • I'm here because PC is the only place I've ever been at where I can say that I have true friends. If it wasn't for these forums, I'd have a very lonely life.

I lead a pretty lonely existence myself but I am content and actually prefer such a lifestyle choice. And yes, it is a choice. I could be more outgoing but I tend to not want to. As for why I'm here, I'm not entirely sure at the moment - it was a whimsical decision. I doubt I'll ever return to full activity but maybe I'll stick around a little, make the odd post here and there.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    originally i joined to talk to an ex of mine who frequented this website after he was banned from one we both used, but now i use it because i like the people here & its an easy way to keep up with pokemon news. also i get bored easily and this place is nice to scratch that itch with.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Well, originally I had been dragged to PC by a few old friends of mine, already knowing lots of people here I figured it wouldn't hurt to sign up—plus I've lurked the site in the past, off and on since around 2013. :'] Pokémon's a big part of my life and one of the few reasons I've found so many friends, no doubt—been playing since I was a toddler and I don't plan to stop. So why not join a nice, active Pokémon forum?

I'm back now because I feel most at home here. Living in a rather secluded area of Canada, a small 100-, maybe 200-person town, there's nothing to do at all and the closest city is an hour away. All of my friends live in that city or far past, and the local kids here I don't get along with (lots of them don't partake in safe activities). So I go on forums like these, and other places like DeviantART as there I've met the friends I can talk to just about anywhere, unlike my friends in real life that I need to travel an hour to see.. bluh. I needed a new forum to call home, something comparable to a sanctuary, which I felt PokéCommunity could be for me. And so it is! I've found lots of awesome people and discussions here despite only having been back about two weeks. Some older friends of mine I see are still on here from time to time and some more friends have joined recently, it's nice seeing tons of faces both old and new. It's refreshing and I'm happy I'm back. ♥

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I originally joined when I stumbled upon the site in 2010 and saw an rp total that piqued my interest. At that time I hung around for new RPs that might be posted.

Then I mostly disappeared for years.

This time I came back to PC I decided to venture out of my RP corner.

Now I stay around for all the friends I made! I enjoy talking to these people too much!

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I wanted to be more sociable with people that don't live in my town, the fact that I enjoy Pokemon, and I happen to live on my computer.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Hm, why am I on PC? Well for starters, this is like, one of the few non-graphics focused forums I've seen where there's still a somewhat active interest in GFX, so that instantly gives me a reason to stay. Also, this place seemed sorta nice and I desperately needed a place to make new friends. The plan's been working, somewhat.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I left for a while and recently came back for Pokémon Go - that kind of game is much more fun with a group of people to talk to about it. Now I'm sticking around because I missed this place and it's great catching up with everyone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    I am a total newb to all things Pokemon. Pokemon Go got me hooked on it. So I joined here to learn as much as possible about it. I also started watching the older shows.

Back