• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokédex 3DSnap - no 3DS needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    [CSS-DIV="border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0);border-radius: 4px;padding: 16px;background-color: #2A2A2A;background:url('http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g329/Jarooda/PCGT8%20-%20Pokedex%203DSnap/background1.png')"][CSS-DIV="box-shadow: 0px 0px 16px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.8);background: url('http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g329/Jarooda/PCGT8%20-%20Pokedex%203DSnap/background3.png');padding: 32px;border-style: solid;border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-radius: 16px"]
    PokéCommunity Get-Together 8
    logo.png

Hosted by ♪Twiggy♪ and Skymin!
    ShrunkStarterFinalTrio.png

Click here to go to the Results Post!
    No 3DS required for participation, by the way. Check Category C.

Got a 3DS and itching to try out new features? Why not put its cameras and Augmented Reality features to good use - and fun? We want to see how your Pokémon look in the real world! That's the event in a nutshell.

As you can see, 3DS owners can now download Pokédex 3D. One of the features is the ability to take photos of Pokémon spliced into the real world using AR Markers! The possibilities with Augmented Reality are endless! You could pretty much mess around and make some awesome moments for us to see, in photograph form! Since it's free, why not take some time to access the eShop and download it? (Note to people unable to access the eShop for some reason - try changing your region settings. eShop only cares about the Region Settings in your 3DS, and nothing else.)​

[CSS-DIV="box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-style: solid;border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-width: 1px;background-color: white;padding: 8px"][CSS-DIV="padding: 2px;background-color: rgba(224,224,224,1)"]Information on entering, and getting ready for it!
    How To Enter​
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV]
    It's simple! Just post your photos in the thread! As long as your post contains these, you'll be fine:
    - (OPTIONAL) Title of the photo
    - A photo with at least one Pokédex 3D model visible
    - A description of the photo
    - Your photo category
    You can start posting the photos right after the event starts. We'll accept entries until the end of the PokéCommunity Get-Together 8, so you'll have plenty of time. A maximum of three photos per submission, one for each category, will be allowed.

If you would like to change your photo, please edit your old post, and not post a new one.​

[CSS-DIV="box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-style: solid;border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-width: 1px;background-color: white;padding: 8px"][CSS-DIV="padding: 2px;background-color: rgba(224,224,224,1)"]The schedule itself, just so that you won't forget it!
    Event Planning​
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV]
    The event will run for the entirety of the PokéCommunity Get-Together 8! We'll accept entries in the entire period. After the Get-Together ends, results will be posted within 3 days.

To be exact, it starts RIGHT NOW due to early start and ends July 21 at 11:59 PM EDT thanks to the extension!

[CSS-DIV="box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-style: solid;border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-width: 1px;background-color: white;padding: 8px"][CSS-DIV="padding: 2px;background-color: rgba(224,224,224,1)"]Learn to use AR Viewer, and you'll be snapping stuff in no time!
    The Snapshot Howto​
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV]
    Don't know what to do with Pokédex 3D's photo function? Here, we'll help you to get started!
    1. Make sure that the Pokédex entry for the Pokémon you are trying to take a photo of exists in your app.
    2. Draw the AR marker on a sufficiently-sized grid paper -OR- Print the AR marker after making it on the PC.
    3. Place the AR marker somewhere on the scene you want to photograph.
    4. Enter the AR Viewer.
    5. Take photos!
    6. If you want to use a photo taken using this method as a background, keep in mind that the background photo is the first photo you take!

An extra: How to make images from another source to show up in the Nintendo 3DS!
    StereoPhoto Maker (English) Download this first if you need to use imported photos from another source, mainly another camera. This links to the English version, by the way.

1. Duplicate a photo that's not from the 3DS so that you'll have two photos.
    2. Put the two photos into the program using Load Left/Right Images, and let it export a MPO file out of them.
    3. Remember to click "For Nintendo 3DS" and resize to 640x480. Set quality to preference.
    4. The MPO file needs to be on the SD Card. It must reside in DCIM\the latest photo folder, with the filename HNI_0XXX.MPO, where XXX is a number from 001 to 100.
    5. Reinsert the SD Card into the 3DS, open Nintendo 3DS Camera, and attempt to view photos.
    6. Wait for a moment for the software to recognise the change, and give it a bit of time to refresh the view.
    7. BAM! There's your imported photo for use!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25565682/Pokedex3DMarkerGenerator.xlsx Pokédex 3D Marker Generator - credit Wichu at SPPf/NeoGAF. Stretch to 1:1 ratio before printing.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25565682/Pokédex 3D codes.jpg Pokédex 3D AR Markers, all of them. Crop out what you need.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25565682/H3ubN.png The starting 16 set. Crop out what you need.

These are great for lazy people that want to print AR Markers!​

[CSS-DIV="box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-style: solid;border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-width: 1px;background-color: white;padding: 8px"][CSS-DIV="padding: 2px;background-color: rgba(224,224,224,1)"]There are rules for every competition, you know.
    The Real Rules​
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV]
    Not following these rules may result in disqualification if the rules are still not being followed by the deadline.
    1. You can use any amount and combination of Pokémon. Feel free to abuse the Set Background feature to do more than 8-11 Pokémon on a scene!
    2. The photo has to spotlight at least one Pokémon.
    3. At least one Pokédex 3D model needs to be visible. If it's difficult to see, point it out in the post, or we'll reject your photo for irrevelancy!
    4. If you use a photo with another person or character in the scene, it CANNOT be the main focus. (e.g. If Zekrom, Mario and Kirby are in the same picture, Zekrom must be the main subject!)
    5. The background may be from any source.
    6. Don't take someone else's photo and claim it as your own.
    7. No image editing, other than brightness, contrast and levels adjustment is allowed for Categories A and B.
    8. Once you post once in the thread, if you want to change your submitted photo, please DO NOT post again - edit your old post instead. You may post to comment on other posts/photos, though.
    9. No offensive content, or you'll be really sorry!

[CSS-DIV="box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-style: solid;border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-width: 1px;background-color: white;padding: 8px"][CSS-DIV="padding: 2px;background-color: rgba(224,224,224,1)"]The right category for your photo so it works out in the end!
    Entry Categories​
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV]
    Category A: Point And Shoot!
    Just aim at the AR Marker, and a snapshot is made! No skills needed... mostly.
    *Maximum amount of Pokémon allowed in a photo: 11. Keep this in mind.

Photo Size: 400x240
    Examples:
    [CSS-DIV="padding: 8px"][CSS-DIV="background-color: white; border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;padding: 8px;width: 400px;height: 240px;box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5)"]
    pokedex3d01.jpg
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV][CSS-DIV="padding: 8px"][CSS-DIV="background-color: white; border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;padding: 8px;width: 400px;height: 240px;box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5)"]
    Poppingoutofthescreen.jpg
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV][CSS-DIV="padding: 8px"][CSS-DIV="background-color: white; border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;padding: 8px;width: 400px;height: 240px;box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5)"]
    pokedex3d031.jpg
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV]

Category B: Background Hijinks!
    Here, you'll be able to take advantage of Set Background! Show us your combo!

Photo Size: 400x240
    Examples:
    [CSS-DIV="padding: 8px"][CSS-DIV="background-color: white; border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;padding: 8px;width: 400px;height: 240px;box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5)"]
    Compositing.jpg
    Emboarspliced.jpg
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV]
    (Yes, I know that these are bad examples, but it shows what can be done with compositing. Notice how the AR Markers are not visible?)

Category C: Maximum Enhancements! (Open to ALL)
    Regular photography not doing it for you? Why not touch it up after taking the photos? Advanced camera tricks also welcome! Well, whatever that you can do with the Nintendo 3DS Camera, Pokédex 3D and your favourite image-editing application, that is.

Photo Size: Recommended 400x240, Maximum 800x480 (That should be a lot of leeway for editing. This size, by the way, is reachable only if you do some photo editing. Don't forget to make it good!)
    Examples:
    Virizion1.png
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV]​

[CSS-DIV="box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-style: solid;border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-width: 1px;background-color: white;padding: 8px"][CSS-DIV="padding: 2px;background-color: rgba(224,224,224,1)"]Maybe it'll be of some help, and especially to newcomers to AR photography!
    Tips and Tricks​
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV]
    Click on the spoiler button to open tips and tricks.
    Spoiler:

[CSS-DIV="box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-style: solid;border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-width: 1px;background-color: white;padding: 8px"][CSS-DIV="padding: 2px;background-color: rgba(224,224,224,1)"]So that you know how it goes, like everything else!
    Judging Criteria​
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV]
    Everything will be judged according to categories. Every one photo will be given a fair bit of judging. Who can come out at the top? The criteria are as follows:
    - Concept (15 points)
    - Creativity (30 points)
    - Composition (15 points)
    - Appeal (40 points)

[CSS-DIV="box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-style: solid;border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);border-width: 1px;background-color: white;padding: 8px"][CSS-DIV="padding: 2px;background-color: rgba(224,224,224,1)"]And your reward is... EMBLEMS!
    What I'll Get?​
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV]
    All participants will get a shiny new emblem! The winning 3 will get different emblems, 3 for each category! That makes 10 different emblems up for grabs! To be exact, these are the emblems! (There are also some secret emblems, too!)
    Click on the spoiler button to open the emblem list.
    Spoiler:

We hope that you have fun participating in this event! More importantly, we hope that you have learnt something in participating in this event, be it photography skills, image-editing skills, or the community spirit!

Keep on snapping great photos for us to see, and be a part of the PokéCommunity!
    [/CSS-DIV][/CSS-DIV]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Hey guys, it's Skymin here, co-host of this event!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing loads of cool photos filled with awesome designs, creativeness, ideas and of course fantastic photography! Don't forget that the deadline for all three categories is the very last minute of July 18th (GMT -4), so get in there and make stunning pictures while you can!

Good luck to everyone and remember to have LOADS of fun! :D

Years
  • Here are my entries in alphabetical catagory order.

HACK N' SLASH, SLICE N' DICE!

Spoiler:

Description: From the depths of darkness, Bisharp strikes with his Night Slash!

--------------------------

BACKYARD BLACKBELT BATTLE!

Spoiler:

Description: Sawk has evaded my side thrust kick while airbourne and has launched a round house kick to my face! Sawk's face is guarded well with his right arm, but his kick hasn't connected just yet. Will I be able to draw out my katana and block his attack, or will Sawk's round house kick score the KO?

--------------------------

THE POWER OF DARKNESS!

Spoiler:

Description: MAUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA! ZEKROM! DESTROY ALL MY ENEMIES! CRIMSON THUNDER!

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    BACKYARD BLACKBELT BATTLE!

Description: Sawk has evaded my side thrust kick and has launched a round house kick to my face! Sawk's face is guarded well with his right arm, but his kick hasn't connected just yet. Will I be able to draw out my katana and block his attack, or will Sawk's round house kick score the KO?

The second shot you submitted does not comply with the photo size requirements. Only Set Background may be used there. Note that you can import photos from another source using the MPO-making tool that I linked in the Main Thread.

Still... It looks great, and I think you have potential.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Haha, great work you guys! They are all looking quite splendid! <: I love your Catagory B idea Drakow, it's like a Chuck Norris roundhouse! And Mew~, love how you've timed it so Liepard's feet are on the tree at the right time! Great work, great work guys! :D

Hmm, we need more entries, we do indeed!

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Nice work on these photos! (Even though there's only 4) I am also quite looking forward to your entries! You know, I'm not a good photographer myself. Great timing helps in a lot of shots, you know!

...Well, I think we need more people around here to participate here...

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    technically, people can still participate in category c, they just need to have the right resolution and an image of a pokemon from pokedex 3d.

NatureKeeper

I'm trying to get 50 stickers for Category B. This better be worth it. >.<

Oh wait, I don't have 50 Pokémon yet. Nvm.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    You don't need 50 pokemon for it! Find a sheet of ar markers online (pretty sure there's one in the first post provided for you!) and just switch to ar viewer and get your 3ds to look at a load of them. It'll save the ar markers as stickers and even tell you when you get 50. d:

Years
  • HNI_0017.jpg

Category A
    Desk on Fire
    Reshiram got a lil' mad after I use that home-made shrink machine on him...

HNI_0023.jpg

Category B
    New Beginning
    #000 on #001

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Awesome, very much awesome! Nice use of the fire types there!

I believe your category B one... is fit for category A! For it to be category B, you would need to take a picture of the gameboy first (preferably using the 3DS camera rather than the AR viewer in Pokedex 3D (the 3DS camera app one takes better photos)) then use the Set Background feature in Pokedex 3D!

NatureKeeper

Category B
    Titled: Victory Star
    Copyright acknowledgements:
    - Background: Joe D, modified by JimChampion
    Original picture licensed under CCAtributionShareAlike1.0
    - Victini: Copyrighted Nintendo and GameFreak, Fair Use

Done.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Excellent! Thank you so much! i like how the green shadow that comes under each pokemon in set background mode, i like how you made it blend in! great! :D

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I'm trying to see if I can get a 3DS Dex Pokemon then I'll enter Category C :)

Oh I found! And done =D

7yy7.jpeg

Category C
    Title: Initial Impressions
    Copyrights: Nintendo(D'uh xD), pokemondb.net(3D Oshawott), theducks.org(Do Not Want Dog)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Excellent, excellent! I cannot wait to see! It's great that the Pokédex is a free game/app/whatever too! Plus, it comes with a bunch of defaults and most of the rares, once you see their AR Marker, are automatically stored into your dex! <:

EDIT: Haha, I see! Hahaha, very funny!! I'll just have to talk to Twiggy when he gets online and see if that resolution and usage of a pokedex 3d image that's not direct from the game is acceptable!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back