• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
  • Guys, don't worry, even I find the Bold Topics Index a tl;dr.

However...

How many of you have actually read the FFL's Bold Topic Index?

I have, by design, read it a couple thousands of times. It makes my brain overload every time. May I ask where does the question come from??? :P

I mean... it's not required reading or whatever. It's just a service. Born from a moment of craziness (induced by the mood here of course) and being irked with myself because I badly needed to write but couldn't get myself to write my fics... but a silly service nonetheless. It's not even 33% complete (if I guesstimate correctly)...

I have been less active lately, as usual. I took the time to visit Citrinin's blog and leave a comment and think a little about what was going on. Seiriously, people, the whole situation made me tremble. And the whole... emotional moment here at the Lounge because of that...?

txteclipse said:
    Okay. This is going to sound really weird, but I just wanted to let everyone here know how much I appreciate them. from here more you know, words, there's so many words, and there's things, and stuff, and... and emotions... then "thanks for listening", sort of... and if anyone gets the reference I'll be bricked :)

IRL I would say that's too unmanly and that the world is rough and one should care first for oneself and all that crap, you know? Because of the appearances? But when I found out that Citrinin had been in a friggin' car crash my everyday life so far went upside down and I felt, for some reason, disowned and defeated. Here where I live, for the record, the public sensation is that "car crash == ~99% insta-death", so when i read that I was like, "OMG OMG a car crash! Citrinin is dead!!! No, wait-- he survived? Really? Oh that so goo---- hey looks like there's a blog and I can't eat or sleep because I have to see if he's A-OK OMGOMG!!!!". Emphasis on the "OMG Citrinin is dead!" part, seriously.

Then I thought... for the better or the worse, there's no one AFAIK, who knows me and knows I lurk these places (or who knows me and knows I still like Pokémon, for that matter). If I had been in a car crash and the statistics were, let's say, well-founded, then it's most likely no one here ever would find out what happened to me. I would be just a gone user, an instance of craziness who peeked out of my hole to say "S'up?" every once in a while. And it could be the same for anyone here. At any given moment. What happens when we truly disappear? What happens when others feel we disappear? I got a bit philosophical for a couple of days thinking why I feel for "usernames" and I have to say if, let's say, txteclipse just vanished for a couple of days, all things being equal, I would notice, I would feel it, and suffer from it, because he is one of these people whose presence makes the day nicer for me at the end of the day, and maybe I would go and ask a couple of questions; but in the end I admit I would simply pretend so hard that nothing is happening, that I've "grown over" stuff, that I would eventually simply forget. And that part scared me. People around me gets duller as they become older or because of their work; I don't want that.

Yeah, I picked txteclipse. I kinda like the guy. In a, you know, guy-likes-guy sort of way...? *gets shot* -- I mean, I don't know many people here, and most of them I know only as a recurrent username of good writing quality and a strange sense of fun (flamethrowers...) but I admit here among them txteclipse is just special to me. Thanks for just being there.

I think I have already said this a couple of times, because of the times craziness, but let me rephrase it today in a more serious context: thank you for the good times, people. Half my life is wandering across the Net processing information for others' benefit. There lies my skill, my reputation, and most likely there will lie my economic wealth and safety in the future. But when I get bored that I could only work with data and I start wandering around talking to people, I find places where it is warm and cozy to stay. Now this place has a.... you know, people, whatever lies behind the craziness of the Lounge, the constant topics and the way we talk to each other about problems. You know better, for you have been here longer than I am. But I guess, from all of the (15 or so) communities I have gotten into during this year that is leaving, this Lounge is the most vivid and happy place I have been. Other places are turning into work (again...) but this one retains a special "house in the prairie" kind of quality. People here interacts at a closer level than in other places, and look for different things in an online relationship.

So I'm happy to be here and eager to stay. Here I learn, have fun, and its combinations. At the end of the day, when I have to ask myself it it was worth it, I remind myself of people like here's to find my answer. Creepy as it may sound, I hope you guys appreciate the value I have found on you.

Now... this is getting into a tl;dr, and it seems my posts are becoming that incarnate... but hey! It's nice times! I get to stay online for some extra time, so....

Yeah... I skimmed through the NaNoWriMo stuff... sounds really scary. How do you people find the time to write? I guess I could do this if I had four continuous hours spare, but where the hax do I get those from? I'm marveled at those here who are trying NaNoWriMo. And I hope you can meet a good end. As for me, I'll have to leave my thesis be my NaNoWriMo of sorts.

Mizan Nix Zamnie said:
    About the activity, quick Solovino write this down put it in the index. XD
    Don't worry, pal. I won't let anyone live this down! :D
    I'll have to redo what little I had from 2008 and I hope maybe I can find your particular post, Elite Overlord. But it will be done. You guys&gals are worth the drugs I have to bust the persistent skimming and reading.

I'm leaving for the moment, otherwise, I'll keep writing till I hit the character limit, and the forum software will have to dedicate another page because of me. Not that it is wrong, but hey... you know what? Screw it, I should just keep writing until I fall asleep.

J/K, people... I'll have more time on the weekend, and I intend to get more up to date, and have fun with people. ;)

Everyone have a nice night of sleep. I think I will. Screw timezones.

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • but in the end I admit I would simply pretend so hard that nothing is happening, that I've "grown over" stuff, that I would eventually simply forget. And that part scared me. People around me gets duller as they become older or because of their work; I don't want that.

This is my philosophy. I mean seriously, this is my life philosophy. When the world grows frigid, I vow to burn. When the earth waxes dark, I promise myself that I will shine. Protecting and stoking this miraculous spark of life is woven into every fiber of my being, apparent in every action I take and word I breathe. I refuse to allow things to become drab and colorless: the ability to let myself be awed and inspired is worth more to me than every treasure under the heavens.

Yeah, I picked txteclipse. I kinda like the guy. In a, you know, guy-likes-guy sort of way...? *gets shot* -- I mean, I don't know many people here, and most of them I know only as a recurrent username of good writing quality and a strange sense of fun (flamethrowers...) but I admit here among them txteclipse is just special to me. Thanks for just being there.
    Dear sir, I am wholly honored. From the bottom of my heart, you are welcome, and I dare say that the sentiment is mutual.

...Good lord, this feels so sappy. But it's a good kind of sap. Maple.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Then I thought... for the better or the worse, there's no one AFAIK, who knows me and knows I lurk these places (or who knows me and knows I still like Pokémon, for that matter). If I had been in a car crash and the statistics were, let's say, well-founded, then it's most likely no one here ever would find out what happened to me. I would be just a gone user, an instance of craziness who peeked out of my hole to say "S'up?" every once in a while. And it could be the same for anyone here. At any given moment. What happens when we truly disappear? What happens when others feel we disappear? I got a bit philosophical for a couple of days thinking why I feel for "usernames" and I have to say if, let's say, txteclipse just vanished for a couple of days, all things being equal, I would notice, I would feel it, and suffer from it, because he is one of these people whose presence makes the day nicer for me at the end of the day, and maybe I would go and ask a couple of questions; but in the end I admit I would simply pretend so hard that nothing is happening, that I've "grown over" stuff, that I would eventually simply forget. And that part scared me. People around me gets duller as they become older or because of their work; I don't want that.
    *Sob* my sentiments exactly. I remember Whisper saying something like this before. I don't feel like many people notice me. Or do you? >.>

And because of that,
    What level of attachment do you have with your friends/comrades/sentret flamethrower buddies from the FFL?

and,

How would you feel if one of your friends/comrades/sentret flamethrower buddies from the FFL actually Died/Left for good?

Don't we all. :D In a platonic way of course. XD

I think I have already said this a couple of times, because of the times craziness, but let me rephrase it today in a more serious context: thank you for the good times, people. Half my life is wandering across the Net processing information for others' benefit. There lies my skill, my reputation, and most likely there will lie my economic wealth and safety in the future. But when I get bored that I could only work with data and I start wandering around talking to people, I find places where it is warm and cozy to stay. Now this place has a.... you know, people, whatever lies behind the craziness of the Lounge, the constant topics and the way we talk to each other about problems. You know better, for you have been here longer than I am. But I guess, from all of the (15 or so) communities I have gotten into during this year that is leaving, this Lounge is the most vivid and happy place I have been. Other places are turning into work (again...) but this one retains a special "house in the prairie" kind of quality. People here interacts at a closer level than in other places, and look for different things in an online relationship.

So I'm happy to be here and eager to stay. Here I learn, have fun, and its combinations. At the end of the day, when I have to ask myself it it was worth it, I remind myself of people like here's to find my answer. Creepy as it may sound, I hope you guys appreciate the value I have found on you.
    I appreciate you guys too and thanks. :D

I feel that the lounge is getting really emotional and I like that. At least we can be open here. XD I wish the whole world could be more like this. No wars, imagine that...
    On that note, has has anyone seen La Pompa lately?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • What level of attachment do you have with your friends/comrades/sentret flamethrower buddies from the FFL?

I love you all. Again, in a totally platonic way.

Yeah, the FFL is my bastion of intelligent conversation on the forums. The DCC is all well and good (no it's not), but it just isn't quite as open as the FFL. As for the rest of the forums . . . idk, they're just not the same as you guys. I'm not gonna answer the other question, as I think it may make me cry. I almost did when I found out about Hector. :/

And Bubbles is fine. I saw him at school today as usual.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    What level of attachment do you have with your friends/comrades/sentret flamethrower buddies from the FFL?

MSN/IRC/Here ummm online buds? XD idk I love you guys!

How would you feel if one of your friends/comrades/sentret flamethrower buddies from the FFL actually Died/Left for good?

I'd feel sad, and if a good amount of people left that I knew, it would probably be less reason for me to stay.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
  • What level of attachment do you have with your friends/comrades/sentret flamethrower buddies from the FFL?

I'm starting to talk to people more here and talk to some on Meebo (mostly Kyuu-chan but whatever). If everyone else wants to talk with me, I will totally go. So yeah.

As seen by Citrinin, I care about everyone here. I'll be really sad if any of you would die or left. T_T So don't if you don't have to.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Don't we all. In a platonic way of course. XD

Dangit guys! This is getting embarrassing! XD <3

Fairly deep. I'm a classic introvert, so I usually form strong bonds with just a few people, but it's really easy to like all of you guys. XD Granted, some of you are newer than others, so I don't know you as well as, say, Astinus or Valentine, but you're all special in some way already.

Oh lordy. I'd probably bombard their profile with memorial messages and poems and drawings, go into a funk for a few days, and spend lots of time in my room listening to my custom Pandora channel dedicated to all things melancholy while re-reading the person's posts in an attempt to relive talking to them. I'd think about what it means to connect with people, if online relationships are truly as valuable as face-to-face ones, and what a tragedy it was that the person died so young. Then I'd try to find a silver lining and probably write a lot to let go of my anxiety.

Bay

Years
  • Oh man, you guys didn't notice I was gone for a couple of days? :P Then again, I was sick, so no biggie. XD I might be gone that long again during finals week in December, though. :x

A lot. Whenever this place gets activity and everyone is joining in the conversations, I just love everyone here. I learn a lot about everyone's ideas on writing and also get to know them on a sort of more personal level.

Wouldn't like it at all. I remember I used to like Serebii's fanfiction section a lot, but now a lot of people there left for good, which makes me sad. Heck, a couple people here I like a lot too and it's sad they left.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Gah just to be a bit off topic... Perhaps to get it off my shoulders, even if it is an online audience...

I think I'll go to my family doctor to get a psychiatrist (or psychologist, whoever is qualified to do so) to test to see if I have Adult ADD or w/e it's called... I've been doing some research, and it just seems like I fall under it... My concerns have to do with the idea of taking drugs, as well as (while I don't want to readily admit it) be considered "weak"...

But I want to do good in school... As right now I could be doing better (for lack of better words)...

I think I'm getting too ahead of myself however. And right now, I am too busy to discuss it with my mom...

Frustrating...

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Oh man, you guys didn't notice I was gone for a couple of days? :P Then again, I was sick, so no biggie. XD I might be gone that long again during finals week in December, though. :x
    I noticed. :D It's just that it wasn't long enough for me to comment about it just yet. If it was say one week without any warning I'd totally broach the subject in the FFL and flood your profile. Especially after what happened with Citrinin.

I see you all as very good irreplaceable friends. No seriously, many IRL friends can backstab me in the blink of an eye but it's harder to do that on the net so I don't think you would or would you? That's why I have problems trusting people.

I've thought about this numerous times before. You guys aren't just faceless usernames(ecept for the avatars. :P). You're all real and aren't computer programs(like the sims). I'd be very sad and mourn you're loss if we found out one of you did indeed die. Sorry I can't say more.
    Dangit guys! This is getting embarrassing! XD <3
    Sure is txty, sure is. XD

Gah just to be a bit off topic... Perhaps to get it off my shoulders, even if it is an online audience...

I think I'll go to my family doctor to get a psychiatrist (or psychologist, whoever is qualified to do so) to test to see if I have Adult ADD or w/e it's called... I've been doing some research, and it just seems like I fall under it... My concerns have to do with the idea of taking drugs, as well as (while I don't want to readily admit it) be considered "weak"...

But I want to do good in school... As right now I could be doing better (for lack of better words)...

I think I'm getting too ahead of myself however. And right now, I am too busy to discuss it with my mom...

Frustrating...
    Don't worry the FFL is a place to be off topic. To a certain extent. XD

I feel sorry for you and wish you the best of luck. I'd be mortified if I found out I had ADD. I know a few people IRL who do have it. They can cope fine however it's just that they're a bit slow. I don't have ADD, instead I have OCD(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) which, I have to admit, is not as bad as ADD.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    As stupid as it sounds though, I find myself freaking out... Especially now that I have this stuck on my mind, I can't properly continue my psych assignment... Or rather it is a slower process...

And well, to keep it on topic:

What thing or things are you least likely to incorporate in your fic from a pokemon canon uinverse?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • idk, OCD can be pretty bad. I saw a documentary on one guy with an extreme case of it a while ago. It was almost literally killing him; he hadn't left his house in forty years because of how unorganised the outside world was. :/

I know guys with ADD, and while talking to them is hard, they do fine. However, I know there are varying degrees of both.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I think a coworker of mine has OCD, though hers isn't as debilitating...

The funny thing is, I wouldn't have been surprised if I could have been diagnosed with ADD as a kid, because at school, I never really paid attention, I mean I had perfect attendance, but I never really applied myself, and if I told myself I would, I'd end up getting distracted anyway...

And I have an exam on Monday...

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • What thing or things are you least likely to incorporate in your fic from a pokemon canon universe?
    Pencils. Because we have computers to do our writing for us. XD

One guy I know has some form of ADD. He couldn't learn properly because he just kept getting distracted. I think he used positive reinforcement to force himself to study.

Oh yeah and, my OCD isn't as bad as that documentary Whisper. I do fear the outside world to be terribly unorganized but I still go out regardless. I do see one weakness in OCD which is when filling out the OMR forms during exams, I always had to make a perfect mark or else it would bug me for the rest of the day. Also, I hate it when one door is open and the other door is closed in a room with an en-suite bathroom. I always close them.

Though, being a lazy OCD I do find it irritating to do fix every thing that bugs me. I try not to let it control my life.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • What thing or things are you least likely to incorporate in your fic from a pokemon canon universe?

Do you mean what things from the real world I wouldn't include in a pokémon fanfiction, or what types of things from canon I wouldn't include?

If it's the latter, probably the "cuteness" factor. And the badge collection. And all canon characters with the exception of Steven and possibly Cynthia.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    For some reason, it seems that music helps to motivate me in doing my work, I mean I could guess why, but you'd think it more distracting...

Even when writing my fics it helps...

When I was much younger I knew a kid that had ADD or ADHD, he was pretty hyper, and sometimes mean. It's funny how the brain works, especially adults with ADD... I mean they can cope with enough not to act totally hyper or whatever... Of course it gets channeled in other ways...

I'd want to go to the doctors myself, but I also want to talk to my mom about it...

EDIT: Yeah the latter stuff, like what would you not include from the tv show, into your fic.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years

You guys are the most awesome people on the internet.

Aside from BasilMarket trolls. Those guys are hilarious.

But yes, you guys are awesome and great friends. Normally I only like a small group of people, but you guys are so likable. Probably 'cos it's the internet, but eh.

PLATONIC LOVE ALL AROUND!

-rimshot-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back