• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wanna start a family

Years
  • I really want to start a family in the future, but I do worry about my ability to handle the stresses and responsibilities of parenthood because of my anxiety issues and stuff.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'd love to have children one day. I'd also love to have a nanny for them some day. Having to babysit on kids before has really shown me how much work those little brats can be, and how adorable they are. I'd say in a year or 10, I'd be down for it.

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
    Years
  • Umm ... I'd love to have kids (eventually), but I'm not sure I'll be physically able to have my own. So I'll probably adopt once I have a secure income post-graduation, but if not, well, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    No I don't I think I want to start a family. I don't like children nor do I want more responsibilities. I would hopefully be content by myself. There is very little to gain from having a family. Not to mention it would take away from anime and my other interests.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Well having kids is fun but you are going to have a big responsible for take care of them. Give them love and care. But I need to be married hahaha and that would be in a few years later :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I want to adopt a child later down the line when I'm finacially stable so yes I want a family at some point. As far as having a significant other in my life raising a child with me that's probably a no lol.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • My s/o and I pretty much agreed that we don't want any kids in the future; neither of us are comfortable around children (or have the capacity to raise any). :c And as much as I love him, I don't plan on marrying, either. The two of us are instead planning on living together with our two best friends in the future, since the four of us are already a little "family" in a way.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I want to get married and have kids in the future. However, I do not want more than two because then it would get wayyyy too crazy. And Ill only have kids if I am financially stable of course. I like working with kids, but I still hope they take after me because then I wouldnt have to deal with them screaming and crying so much (I was a very quiet baby and kid). In fact, I never talked until I was 3 lol.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • My partner and I do want a family eventually, yeah, but at what cost? Raising a child is super expensive. We can barely afford to provide for ourselves. I'd really like to adopt, because I was adopted and it's something that's important to me. There's enough children in this world without families to warrant me wanting to adopt rather than have my own.
    So I guess my only criteria for adopting are 1. Being financially stable 2. Willing to put another person's life before my own. I'm not there yet... which is fine.

Yukari

While I don't despise the thought of children like I used to... I still don't want to have them. Certain... things have sort of killed the idea for me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I don't want kids. I despise obnoxiously loud crying and whining. Kids can't listen and do the opposite of what they're told as if it is always some type of game.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i don't think children are in the cards for me right now. there's already a lot of difficulty strung about with me having to take care of my own self, and financial stability is not something i've ever had. i have thought about it a lot before but that's probably instinct talking more than anything else. if stable grounds are in my future, perhaps i'll think about it again... and maybe even adopt a little one of my own.

but until then, i'm happy childless.

pkmin3033

I want at least two daughters. I've always liked the idea of having daughters to take care of, mostly because I've spent nearly twenty years taking care of my brother, and I think it'd be a nice change of pace to take care of a girl. I don't like babies or obnoxious brats, but babies don't remain babies for very long, and obnoxious brats are usually only obnoxious brats because their parents haven't raised them properly, and I can say with absolute confidence any child that I raised would have better manners.

I'd probably adopt a child though, because actually having kids myself with a partner...yeah. Let's not go into that. Actually being qualified to adopt a child would also prove to me that I was in a position to have kids, and I would never want to have kids if I wasn't absolutely certain I could provide for them in the way they deserve; bringing a child into this world unprepared is the worst kind of irresponsibility. Cheesy as it sounds, I'd like to make a difference in a child's life someday and be a foster parent. So, yeah. Sometime in the future I'd like to have a family, probably as a single foster parent, when I'm in a better psychological and financial position.

But having a partner? That I don't think I could deal with. I'm not sure why, because delegating the responsibility of having a family is surely easier than shouldering it all by yourself, but...well, it's an awkward thing I could type paragraphs about but won't. Suffice it to say that I find taking care of children to be easy and having a meaningful relationship, even just a friendship, difficult.

I can't see it happening, but then I'm a pessimist and a cynic, so I tend not to see my dreams as even remotely achievable. But who knows.

Years
  • One day? ...Maybe. And I say that because right now I definitely don't want any, but there's no telling if I'll ever change my mind regarding that. Chances are low, though. I probably could handle the responsibility, but I'd be nervous all the way through. Plus I'm not good with little kids in general at all. X|

But right now, yeah. I don't want any. Absolutely no interest in them. Have not had any interest in having kids like...ever.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Children, and the responsibilities and time that's required to raise them, aren't for me. I'm way too selfish to share my life with someone. They also require a lot of money, which I don't have. And they just annoy me for various reasons.

Years
  • I'd love a few kids down the road in a few years, but I'd much rather wait until i'm irrevocably sure I'm fit to raise them the right way, i'd rather wait and be totally established with a high-paying job, etc., first.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Siiiiiiiiiigh...

I just don't know... I'm getting to that point in my adult life where long time friends are settling down, getting married, and having children. It's hard to see that and not kind of want to experience it myself. I'm just not so sure I'd ever be mature enough to take care of another life like that. Growing up the youngest sibling kind of means I've been babied and lack responsibility in those respects. I think one day it's in the cards, and I know my boyfriend wants children. So perhaps one day when we're more economically stable we'll either adopt or choose other means to have children, but that day certainly isn't today.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    tbh no not really. maybe one day i'll adopt but for the most part I think kids are annoying. I'm fine with cute pets in the future, they'll be my babies.

Back