• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
well use xse then all of the commands in pokescript are almost the same as xse (though i find xse simpler to use) then just put
#dynamic 0x740000

try it and it should work

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I make a givepokemon script and I place it in Hero's house (in a Fire Red rom). It works fine but when I go out of the house and press start, the menu shows boxes like in the Safari game and it shows the Pokédex menu, however I've never set the flag for the Pokédex.
Here is the script:
Spoiler:

So what's wrong ?
It might be a problem with your map settings/level script
i get this by using pokescript
no matter what kind of script i get the same result..
When compiling paste the offset you get from FSF.
I don't remember the compiling process, but compile to the offset you get from FSF.
Use XSE

tomotaku

KoganStyle
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2011
When compiling paste the offset you get from FSF.
I don't remember the compiling process, but compile to the offset you get from FSF.
Use XSE

i used FSFs offset but i get the same result
maybe ill use XSE, but pokescript have more tutorials and it looks easier

-------edit:
is there a way to change the commends, like import/export or something like that?
XSE is working fine for me, and yea, its similar, but anyway..

Last edited:

Cinaed666

Geek.
Years
What is wrong here?

This a part of my custom 'prof oak' script.
You are supposed to pick up a pokéball from the table.
It show a picture of eevee in a frame, and proceeds to say "you got an eevee."
The problem is, I can't get rid of the picture.
I tried the "hidepokepic" command but this causes my game to seize up.
If anyone knows..

Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x169D78
checkflag 0x201
if 0x1 goto 0x87406E6
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x7406E6
lock
checkflag 0x202
if 0x1 goto 0x8740720
setflag 0x828
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x6
if 0x1 goto 0x8740722
givepokemon 0x85 0x5 0x8E 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x202
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x85
showpokepic 0x85 0x8 0x4
hidepokepic
msgbox2 0x8740756 '"You got an [buffer1]!"
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x740720
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x740722
msgbox 0x874072C '"You don't have enough room in your ..."
callstd 0x4
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x740756
= You got an [buffer1]!

#org 0x74072C
= You don't have enough room in your party.

Edit: I noticed my code changes after compiling, cutting off several lines.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
XSE keeps saying that there is duplicate lines or something like that. Is there really anything wrong with this script, and how would I fix it?

Spoiler:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
XSE keeps saying that there is duplicate lines or something like that. Is there really anything wrong with this script, and how would I fix it?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
That's probably because there is no pointer called @original.

Years
in the first part of your script, replace "@something" with "@something2" and, in the next line, "@something2" with "@iamoriginal" ;)
moreover, "msgbox @talk2" lacks its second parameter (0x6).
and i think that the rival should disappear after the battle, or not? thus, you have to change the people number of hidesprite to 0x4.

so eventually the improved script looks like this (i've added some other little things :O)

Spoiler:

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
Years

Spoiler:

Dude your script was a mess but I fixed it cleaned it up the best I could. I did not test it but it compiles. So test it and if it does not work post the next problem.
Spoiler:

in the first part of your script, replace "@something" with "@something2" and, in the next line, "@something2" with "@iamoriginal" ;)
moreover, "msgbox @talk2" lacks its second parameter (0x6).
and i think that the rival should disappear after the battle, or not? thus, you have to change the people number of hidesprite to 0x4.

so eventually the improved script looks like this (i've added some other little things :O)

Spoiler:

No offense dude but that is not much better.

Last edited:

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
Years
My problem is with the applymovement, Although it works fine, if you talk to the sprite from any other direction, for example, behind, the player walks to the left 2 steps, into the table(and then the player is stuck in the table), and the sprite moves to the left two spaces and than turns and faces the opposite direction of the player. I litterally just figured out how to do applymovement scripts today, and I did it in one shot, but I want the player to follow the sprite and i want the sprite to face the player no matter what direction the player interacts with the sprite from.

Script below

"prof"

Spoiler:

If i wasnt clear enough just say so.

Last edited:

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Orre
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
I have the scripts but......How do i insert a new script into a rom? Without having to replace a script. Or by replacing one, if I have to.

Game: pokemon Ruby
Script editer: pksvui
Map editer:Advance map

Cinaed666

Geek.
Years
I have the scripts but......How do i insert a new script into a rom? Without having to replace a script. Or by replacing one, if I have to.

Game: pokemon Ruby
Script editer: pksvui
Map editer:Advance map

Make sure when you select a script in advance map, it is opened with pksvui (you have to select it somewhere..) Just doubleclick a script or event in advancemap, and the script will be opened in pksvui. Put your code in the opened offset.

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Hi guys, I need some script help! I have a trainer standing, blocking an exit. To pass, you need to speak to him and battle. After battle, he needs to disappear via a fadeout. I'm not sure on how to do this.

Basically this format:
Begin:
"O hai, j00 r not passingz. You battlez nao!"
trainerbattle
"Oshi, me out of here"
Fade/dissapear
:End

Also, can someone explain to me how the "trainerbattle" command works? I understand that somewhere in there is a link to the "Win", "loose" sentences too.

Sorry to sound like an utter n00b, but Pokémon Sctripting is a whole new world to me!

One last thing, can someone also explain how I set a battle to play a different music than normal?

Many thanks :)

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
Years
Need help.

My problem is with the applymovement, Although it works fine, if you talk to the sprite from any other direction, for example, behind, the player walks to the left 2 steps, into the table(and then the player is stuck in the table), and the sprite moves to the left two spaces and than turns and faces the opposite direction of the player. I litterally just figured out how to do applymovement scripts today, and I did it in one shot, but I want the player to follow the sprite and i want the sprite to face the player no matter what direction the player interacts with the sprite from, and I want the player to also follow the sprite no matter what direction the player interacts with sprite form, and not glitch into a wall or table.

Script below

"prof"

Spoiler:

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Need help.

My problem is with the applymovement, Although it works fine, if you talk to the sprite from any other direction, for example, behind, the player walks to the left 2 steps, into the table(and then the player is stuck in the table), and the sprite moves to the left two spaces and than turns and faces the opposite direction of the player. I litterally just figured out how to do applymovement scripts today, and I did it in one shot, but I want the player to follow the sprite and i want the sprite to face the player no matter what direction the player interacts with the sprite from, and I want the player to also follow the sprite no matter what direction the player interacts with sprite form, and not glitch into a wall or table.

Script below

"prof"

Spoiler:

Check the playerfacing variable 0x800C, and use a differend applymovement for each direction.

How would I do the little animation when you cut trees or something? I've tried and the player just sits there :\
Here's the code that doesn't work:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x84B2E7
lockall
checkattack 0x1D
bufferattack 0x1 0x1D
copyvar 0x800E LASTRESULT
compare LASTRESULT 0x6
if 0x1 goto 0x884B228
bufferpartypokemon 0x0 LASTRESULT
setanimation 0x0 LASTRESULT
msgbox 0x884B239 MSG_YESNO '"Would you like to use [buffer2]?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x884B228
msgbox 0x884B22B MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[buffer1] used [buffer2]!"
closeonkeypress
doanimation 0x25
waitstate
end

'---------------
#org 0x84B228
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x84B239
= Would you like to use [buffer2]?

#org 0x84B22B
= [buffer1] used [buffer2]!

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Orre
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
I made a get pokemon script, but since im at the beginning I dont have "Pokemon" as an option on the menu ._. How exactly do i set the flag so that i can access my pokemon? Oh and how do you make pokeballs that manage get pokemon scripts to dissapear after youve gotten them?

Here is the script
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back