• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ToggleCommunity Forums: We are still toggling for a better slogan

Years
  • Private messaging, so that when you ask a nooby question, the whole world (or just PC) doesn't figure out that you're a noob regarding *insert topic here*.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • The beautiful array of usergroups PC flaunts. I have all manner of webmaster's fantasies with this, and have imagined modding an IRC client that formats the user modes like PC's groups.

~PPN
    &Audy
    @bobandbill
    %Zach
    +Alex

:3

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Toggles. Always toggles.

Seriously though, it's the vast degree to which you can customize your experience on the forums. Toggles, colors, usertitles, changing your username, having whatever in your large signature, avatars, forum styles... Customization. PC can be what you want it to be. Thanks to... drumroll - TOGGLES! heheh

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Those gorgeous, big and sometimes obnoxious sigs are definitely one of the best things. I don't do so much customization with my experience, about the only thing that I have not set to default is my skin and the order posts are displayed in threads. Newest first pls. It's just so much easier than having it the default way of oldest first.

Years
  • toggles is love. toggles is life. I hope I did that correctly
    Best feature? Hm, blogs? No, no, the swear filter :D

Years
  • I like anything that's customizable, such as avatars, sigs, blogs, profiles and now, your usertitle as well if you're a higher tier supporter. I was like so happy when it was announced the new system would have customizable usertitles because they make you and your themes look cool hahahaha

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My favorite is the most recent one that was implemented: timezone checkers. Makes life sooo much easier now.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I always forget about Likes, but sure, they are cool. Blogs, I always forget, Colors annoy me mostly when people use irritating colors as their font color (especially red and pink), the time zone checker is broken for some odd reason (it says my time is 5:49 PM, when in fact it is 7:49 PM for me, or 6:49 PM not counting DST). If toggles refer to all the options in the options menu, then I suppose it's cool.

Anyway, to put it short: I like the Like-system, having access to tons of different forum styles, VMs, the active userbase and probably a lot more, that I just forgot to mention.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I guess I can say profiles. They're a really cool way to add some variety and give members an identity and something special.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I can't really say I have a specific favourite feature. Like other people have mentioned, the amount of customizable option is definitely great though, as it can give each user their own unique experience. I especially really like the large selection of different themes you can pick from, even if I have been stuck on the Stand Nexus since 2011 8D The visitor messages are also great! I know it's not exactly an exclusive feature, but I've seen forums that haven't had it, or have had a much more clunky version of it, so I've always really liked the VM system on here. And along with that, the customizable profiles :D Gives people the ability to add a unique touch to their profile, something which I haven't seen on a lot of forums I've been to.

My favorite is the most recent one that was implemented: timezone checkers. Makes life sooo much easier now.
    yess this. A thing that I think would be really cool, is if you could put kind of like time stamps in your posts when organizing specific events and stuff, and people would see the times and dates corresponding to their time zone. It would make hosting movie nights, and any other real-time event for that matter, so much easier :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Yeah, actually, toggles. The way TPC remains is a very oldschool web experience goes down well with me.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I definitely love the toggles; so I can opt-out of whatever feature-of-the-day is implemented if I feel as if I don't need it; this mostly is helpful in tweaking to ensure that PC remains moderately consistent and allowing me to take advantage of features that I do use, and disable the ones I don't need.

Secondly is Blogs. I may not blog much; but it is a very useful and effective system in which one can post to get one's feelings out and avoid polluting the forum(s) up with inane things that don't really warrant a thread anywhere.

Finally is VMs. Again; I don't really use it TOO much but it does make for a decent way to touch base with people fairly easy, and it's easy to make pseudo-private so that you don't have to deal with unnecessary messages from people you don't want to message you.

Basically the previous two are effective because the user can moderate them how they want to some degree; and deal with unwanted messages in much the same way a PM inbox allows.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Melody said:
    so I can opt-out of whatever feature-of-the-day is implemented
    You make it seem like we implement features for the sake of implementing them and do it more often than is necessary... I'm not sure I agree with nor appreciate your sentiments.

PC is, at its core, a pretty generic vBulletin forum, and there are very few features that I know of that are add-ons to PC that I fawn over. there's stuff down the pipeline that I know I will for sure, but at the moment nothing jumps out at me in particular.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • You make it seem like we implement features for the sake of implementing them and do it more often than is necessary... I'm not sure I agree with nor appreciate your sentiments.

PC is, at its core, a pretty generic vBulletin forum, and there are very few features that I know of that are add-ons to PC that I fawn over. there's stuff down the pipeline that I know I will for sure, but at the moment nothing jumps out at me in particular.
    What's the matter ante? :o

PC has a lot different from generic vB3. And even from those sporting plugins. I spend time on those forums, I would know :P. It doesn't even begin to compare to the things PC has.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • What's the matter ante? :o

PC has a lot different from generic vB3. And even from those sporting plugins. I spend time on those forums, I would know :P. It doesn't even begin to compare to the things PC has.
    I don't mean to say that PC doesn't have it's share of aesthetic features that set it apart from a generic vB3 forum, but there's nothing special that comes to mind when I try to think "which of these features is the 'best'".

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    currently, i am super in love with the option to see text ranks instead of badge ranks for all user groups.

our postbits have never looked classier to me.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • You make it seem like we implement features for the sake of implementing them and do it more often than is necessary... I'm not sure I agree with nor appreciate your sentiments.

Well I am a bit of an old salt. Can you blame me for hankering for simpler days? I probably should have made my sarcasm more clear though. :p

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't know where I would be in life without the ability to disable signatures.

Back