• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
  • I seem to have a problem with the non playable characters (NPCS) and battle sprites for example:When I uploaded a new trainer battle sprite and npc,the battle sprite had a white block around it during battle,same thing happend with an npc when placed and used. so,it didnt remove the white frame like it was suspose to. Does anyone know how to fix this or a website that has sprites and npcs specifically fixed in size for Pokemon Essentials?
    You seem to be having a problem with transparency. If you haven't noticed (you're probably very new), when you copy an image that is transparent into Paint, the background of it becomes black. Transparent means that it takes on the background where the image is posted (that is what makes the sprites move around in the game without having a white border).

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • You seem to be having a problem with transparency. If you haven't noticed (you're probably very new), when you copy an image that is transparent into Paint, the background of it becomes black. Transparent means that it takes on the background where the image is posted (that is what makes the sprites move around in the game without having a white border).

Not to be rude or anything but I probalbly have more experience with rpg maker than the creator of rpg xp and mabey you i dont know how long youve had it.Ive been using rpgxp for 2 years and every single thing you said was the first thing i learned about rpgxp in 2005.I have my own game developement company devoted to using programs like this.I know what transparancy is,Im asking dose anyone know where to get npcs and battle sprites that are compatable(Same size and transparancy as the sprites in pokemon essentials).You see the real error im encountoring now is the npcs not working properly.the box that lets you choose which style of the npcs is smaller than the npc therefore cutting parts of the npc off because theyr'e not the right size. never judge a book by its cover by the way.just to let you know im a pro game designer and know c++ so,no im acually very old to this stuff.

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Does anyone else here notice the ME it plays when healing your pokemon in the pokemon center doesnt work in the Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit. Anyone know how to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    if your making more than one region in your game how do you set it to where after getting 8 badges in the first region the trainer card resets and shows the new badges?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Not to be rude or anything but I probalbly have more experience with rpg maker than the creator of rpg xp and mabey you i dont know how long youve had it.Ive been using rpgxp for 2 years and every single thing you said was the first thing i learned about rpgxp in 2005.I have my own game developement company devoted to using programs like this.I know what transparancy is,Im asking dose anyone know where to get npcs and battle sprites that are compatable(Same size and transparancy as the sprites in pokemon essentials).You see the real error im encountoring now is the npcs not working properly.the box that lets you choose which style of the npcs is smaller than the npc therefore cutting parts of the npc off because theyr'e not the right size. never judge a book by its cover by the way.just to let you know im a pro game designer and know c++ so,no im acually very old to this stuff.
    Well, I misunderstood your question. You shouldn't get too personal; and I wasn't "judging a book by its cover", I simply thought you were new because I thought your question was about transparency. Sorry.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • if your making more than one region in your game how do you set it to where after getting 8 badges in the first region the trainer card resets and shows the new badges?

I'm pretty sure that has to be done through script, but just to be sure, I'd ask someone who's created more than one region in there game, or as OG.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    this may sound stupid but how do you get a npc to say how many pokemon you have seen using the $Trainer.pokedexSeen

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I cant get the wildpokemonbattle music, pokemon center healing song, and the fishing animation doesnt work. Anyway to fix them?

Also how do I have multiple layers on the map? It seems the starter kit makes the game all one layer. >_>

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • If anyone has a script for pokemon evolving after using a certain move (like how piloswine evolves when using ancient power) pm me please :) I really need it.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    how do i change the screen to DP size? i'm having trouble with that.

Just go to SpriteResizer line 11 and 12.
    Change the width and height to DS size.

But, you'll need to edit almost all script for the coordinate x and y.
    The pictures. and so on.
    Its really hard.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
  • can anyone help me with this
    capture001.jpg

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • how do u make solid walls

solid unpassable areas that u cant walk in

and also could u tell me exactly wat layers each sort of thing should go on

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am getting this error, but I don't get how I can fix it :/

---------------------------
    Pokémon: ONM Edition
    Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 17, key WildItemRare

Compiler:1953:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:1936:in `each_line'

Compiler:1936:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:1974:in `pbEachFileSection'

Compiler:2175:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2173:in `open'

Compiler:2173:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2869:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:2940

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back