• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedudemister

Pokemon: New Order
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Somewhere on this thread there was a package with all of the resized DP overworlds in it. Can someone tell me what page it is on or repost it please. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    When I try to use rock smash the following text is shown:
    This rock appears breakable. Would you like to use Rock Smash?
    Yes
    No
    (If yes)
    ???????? used Rock Smash.

Then this error comes up:

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError

(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined local variable or method `pbRockSmashRandomEncounter' for #<Interpreter:0x5116518>

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1615:in `eval'

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1615:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1615:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

If you want a screenshot I can make one.

Why is your name ????????

OK! I mean why is the name of the character ????????.

And here is the screenshot.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I need help. for some reason I get this error:

Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `pbFlashLight' for #<PokemonBagScreen:0x4dee870>
    PokemonItems:229:in `pbUseItemFromBag'
    PokemonItems:944:in `pbUseItem'
    PokemonBag:1100:in `pbStartScreen'
    PokemonBag:1051:in `loop'
    PokemonBag:1140:in `pbStartScreen'
    PokemonMenu:166:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:165:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    PokemonMenu:165:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:132:in `loop'
    PokemonMenu:233:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    I have returned. I would like someone to update me on problems, tips and tricks, tutorials, and so on so I can update the documentation for Pokemon Essentials, preferably by private message. I am interested in seeing all that Pokemon Essentials can do.

Again, it should be a private message because it's a chore wading through the posts looking for tips, errors, and problems.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I need help. for some reason I get this error:

Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `pbFlashLight' for #<PokemonBagScreen:0x4dee870>
    PokemonItems:229:in `pbUseItemFromBag'
    PokemonItems:944:in `pbUseItem'
    PokemonBag:1100:in `pbStartScreen'
    PokemonBag:1051:in `loop'
    PokemonBag:1140:in `pbStartScreen'
    PokemonMenu:166:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:165:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    PokemonMenu:165:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:132:in `loop'
    PokemonMenu:233:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    Nevermind answering this. I have this fixed now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I have returned. I would like someone to update me on problems, tips and tricks, tutorials, and so on so I can update the documentation for Pokemon Essentials, preferably by private message. I am interested in seeing all that Pokemon Essentials can do.

Again, it should be a private message because it's a chore wading through the posts looking for tips, errors, and problems.

Yay, you're back! Does this mean we'll be seeing some updates again? The latest version is nearly 2 months old... I might PM you a few things concerning it.

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
    Years
  • I've started adding the D/P moves to PBS/moves.txt That part's easy enough. Now I need to know how to tell the game the "function code" of each move; basically, what the move does. For example, the move "Roost" has a function code of D6. Basically, is there a way I can tell Essentials what D6 does? Not only is this vital to importing D/P moves, it's vital to making up my own. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Notes.html>advanced.html mentions PokeBattle_MoveEffects. I assume that's where I'd go to get started. I guess I just need a little help deciphering the scripts.

Last edited:

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Dude despair could you possibly share that with me once you get it working? I really need it for my game.

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
    Years
  • Dude despair could you possibly share that with me once you get it working? I really need it for my game.

I'd love to, but I've just started and there are over 100 new moves and effects that I would need to add. So even assuming that I can figure out how to edit the scripts I need to, it'll be at least a month; probably two.

Again, I need to be sure that I am able to do the most important part: move effects. If I can, I might be starting a new thread to enlist some help with the easy stuff once I get accustomed to the system. And if I got a few volunteers, that would definitely speed things up.

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Well I have a question for you, do you know how to make animations for attacks that are different for the enemy and hero? Like Growl, flame thrower, etc?

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    It does work? You have to use a script too, depending on the kind of bridge your using. Look in starter kit on the map with the bridge going between the two ledges. Look at the events and you'll see.

@ Despair: Well I have a question for you, do you know how to make animations for attacks that are different for the enemy and hero? Like Growl, flame thrower, etc?

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
    Years
  • It does work? You have to use a script too, depending on the kind of bridge your using. Look in starter kit on the map with the bridge going between the two ledges. Look at the events and you'll see.

@ Despair: Well I have a question for you, do you know how to make animations for attacks that are different for the enemy and hero? Like Growl, flame thrower, etc?

I'm afraid I don't know anything about animations. I'm still a semi-newb.

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Ahh I've been on here since 2005. x_x I just don't know what to name the animations for attacks that are different for hero, and enemys.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    It does work? You have to use a script too, depending on the kind of bridge your using. Look in starter kit on the map with the bridge going between the two ledges. Look at the events and you'll see.
    i checked in the starter kit. the tiles were using 0 terrain tags. when i use terrain tag 13, it's just like a normal walking tile. i can't go under it.

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Hmm I suck at mapping buy you might have to set the bridges priority to 1-5 in the tileset editor.

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
    Years
  • Again: Can I get some help with scripting? I'm trying to add D/P moves into the Essentials kit. Really, if someone just told me the scripting language that Pokemon Essentials uses, I could try to do my own research from there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back