• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: Fire Emblem: Web of Deceit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • [CSS-DIV=background-color:#FFD0D0;width:350px;border:1px solid gray;-webkit-border-radius:4em;color:#A00000]Fire Emblem: Web of Deceit[/CSS-DIV]
    Something's rotten in the land of Tora...

Heyo there, guys! It's me, Ninja Caterpie with yet another hack a Fire Emblem hack! That's right - it's not a Pokemon Hack!

Straight into business...

ROM Info
    ROM Hack of: Fire Emblem 7 - the Blazing Sword <AE7E>
    Language: English
    First Non-Pokemon Winner of the Hack of the Week

Storyline
    The land of Tora is a lovely, bountiful one. It is split into five great countries...

Vinar is the land of plenty, and plenty more. Covered in beautiful plains and even more beautiful seas, it is the envy of many. Larcia is the lotus desert, a great, destructive desert protecting an amazingly technologically advanced nation. Boralis is the great mountain nation, most of its land high in the mountains, it prides itself in its great wyvern riders. The Sanctum is an island shrouded in fog, inhabited by enigmatic wizards and wise sages; peace keepers, you could call them. The Northern Steppes are a vile, savage place, covered in mountains and an official "no-man's land". The land belongs to no man, neither does any man want to own it; it is infested with hordes of bandit mini-nations.

Finally, we come to Rantel. Rantel can be called the worst of the nations, or the best. In one sense, there is nothing special about it. It is plain - covered in forests, small mountain ranges and a few small patches of desert. However, in another sense, it is like a miniature of the whole of Tora itself. It does, however, pride itself in the most powerful mercenary guild in the world.

This land of Tora has been a very, very peaceful land. There have never been any large wars - none in the history of the great land. No Demon Kings or anything of the sort. The only thing that remotely resembles something like this would be the legend of the Sealed Dragon. There is rumoured to be the body of a powerful dragon lord sealed under the ground of the Sanctum - the reason for the magical power emanating from the mysterious place. There has never been a true explanation for this, nor is their proof for any rumour. It remains just that.

However, something is indeed rotten in the land of Tora. It all seems to begin with the king of Rantel...

For a mercenary apprentice of the greatest mercenary in existence, small matters such as the king of Rantel do not matter. But, when his master's castle is attacked by soldiers of the Seal, things begin to get a tad annoying for the young mercenary Darius, and he sets out to find his master and find out what really is rotten about Tora.

Features
    Nothing really special, although it's a completely newly scripted FE game...Didn't expect that, did'ya?

Media
    The good stuff?

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Videos
    Prologue Play

Bugs and Glitches
    -> At the end of chapter 1, another scene plays randomly. Not sure of the cause, but am working to fix it.
    -> Tiles will glitch up when the enemy units load in Chapter 1. They'll revert to normal when turn starts.

Credits
    Nintenlord for his Event Assembler, MAR array inserter and a whole crapload of help.
    Dratii for getting me into this mess. >=[
    DarthWaffles for helping craploads with testing and plots
    Lanxal for helping with plot and banners.
    oblueknighto for suggesting ideas that I've decidedly set on the "don'ts" list.

Last edited:

Lanxal

Insanity Complex
    Years
  • Nice. I'll go make some title banners for you later, whether you want them or not. *laughs evilly*

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
  • I like how I get no credit.

Nah, its okay. You obviously made all this yourself.

And you used the word 'rotten' far too much in the plot description. For such a small passage, reusing the word in the subtitle of the actual post is a bit much >.>. TBH, I have nothing better to say.

EDIT: Theres a good boy =D.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I like how I get no credit.

Nah, its okay. You obviously made all this yourself.

And you used the word 'rotten' far too much in the plot description. TBH, I have nothing better to say.

Shhh...

And I was trying to play on that line "Something's rotten in the state of Denmark" from Hamlet. Being a nerd, yes.

Years
  • Luke, frankly... I'm ashamed.

Nah, not really. XD

Great hack you've got here. Even if I've only played two of them, Fire Emblem is a great game. I hope this hack suceeds, buddy.

TalkingWhale

15 year old Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2011
    this looks ownage. ive always wanted to c some oddball post a fire emblem hack on a pokemon hacking forum...... when i saw fire emblem i thought it was just fire emblem using pokemon system, simaler to that paper mario one. i am pretty pleasently suprised. looks better then some of the regular fire emblem games, even with these small amount of screenies. keep up the good work, and place the middle finger to them if they ever try to take this down. lol.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • this looks ownage. ive always wanted to c some oddball post a fire emblem hack on a pokemon hacking forum...... when i saw fire emblem i thought it was just fire emblem using pokemon system, simaler to that paper mario one. i am pretty pleasently suprised. looks better then some of the regular fire emblem games, even with these small amount of screenies. keep up the good work, and place the middle finger to them if they ever try to take this down. lol.

>=O

An oddball? How dare you! >=[

Thanks anyway. xP

btw, they wouldn't take it down. This the ROM Hacking forum, not just Pokemon.

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Ah very good, much better than your old FE hack. Storyline sounds good (The reason I didn't make the first FE hack here) and the screens are all error free, by the looks of things. I'm glad you could get the custom scrips working. Needs some custom/splice characters? Good luck with this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    How many stages do you plan for this to be? Will you be changing the sprites. I really wish that you would have used FE8 because, while it was a bad game I did like the Map concept. Though it may have been hard to alter the map. XD

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • How many stages do you plan for this to be? Will you be changing the sprites. I really wish that you would have used FE8 because, while it was a bad game I did like the Map concept. Though it may have been hard to alter the map. XD

39.5, I think, is the total number of chapters in FE7.

I plan on using 39. :\

Scripting is blah in FE8. The event assembler has only got like half the codes, including a bunch of stuffed up ones and the hex codes are confusing. :\ All in all, I ceebs, even though it's got the Revenant/Entombed and Bonewalker/Wight sprites...Bah, I just revealed something.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    39.5, I think, is the total number of chapters in FE7.

I plan on using 39. :\

Scripting is blah in FE8. The event assembler has only got like half the codes, including a bunch of stuffed up ones and the hex codes are confusing. :\ All in all, I ceebs, even though it's got the Revenant/Entombed and Bonewalker/Wight sprites...Bah, I just revealed something.
    You can always expand the rom though, so I wasn't sure if you were going just use all the stages, or expand them .

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • You can always expand the rom though, so I wasn't sure if you were going just use all the stages, or expand them .

Say what? Make more chapters?

:\ I don't think many of you really want to play a 40+ chapter FE game, nor do I have the plot to make it that long. xD I already have tonnes of fillers just making all the FE7 chapters.

Also, I have to expand the ROM anyway because there's not much free space in an FE ROM (and somehow, a normal FE rom goes over the 16mb allowed by an IPS. o__O) so that's not a problem.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    a fire emblem hack? yay! i wish you the best of luck on this!

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Koolio! I haven't seen a Fire Emblem hack in a long time, so, are the maps going to be changed? Last time I check( Looong time ago) People couldn't do that yet, as the maps were just one image, not something like Pokemon mapping.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • a fire emblem hack? yay! i wish you the best of luck on this!
    Thanks.

where can i find the tools to hack Fire Emblem?
    Go to any FE forum and find the ROM Hacking/Coding section.

It's a bit more confusing than Pokemon hacking, though.

Koolio! I haven't seen a Fire Emblem hack in a long time, so, are the maps going to be changed? Last time I check( Looong time ago) People couldn't do that yet, as the maps were just one image, not something like Pokemon mapping.
    Yeah, so I have to make the map in any old map-maker (mappywin!) and insert it as an .MAR file

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Thanks.

Go to any FE forum and find the ROM Hacking/Coding section.

It's a bit more confusing than Pokemon hacking, though.

Yeah, so I have to make the map in any old map-maker (mappywin!) and insert it as an .MAR file

Ah I see, interesting. Well, I wish godspeed, and I can't wait for the first release ^^

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Thanks, Fan King.

Wewt, awesomeness.

Using Sappy (which now works >_>), I managed to move some music from FE8 into FE7! I mean, we all love FE8 music, amirite? I moved the player phase theme over one of the FE7 player phase themes.

The voicegroup was annoying, but my logical skills managed to win the day (I mean, you'd think that both normal player phase themes would have the same voicegroup, amirite?).

Eho.

Just thought I'd say that, but I can't really show any proof.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back