• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Something like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon wouldn't be bad as well. Imagine for example Explorers of Sky with actual 3D graphics and awesome effects respective to WiiU graphics and I'm pretty sure the gameplay would be really good.

Yeah- I'd definitely enjoy something like that. They did make a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game for the Wii, but I'm pretty sure that it was Japan exclusive. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've heard of it, but can't recall the game's exact name, unfortunately. Though, I'm pretty sure there's some good reason behind not releasing it outside Japan, so I trust them on that. If there were to be a Mystery Dungeon game for Wii U, that would be amazing! I've always wondered how it would be to play something like that on a home console, and this would finally give me the chance to actually try.

What would be great is if they could incorporate multiplayer into it. Perhaps they could have secret-base like features, where you get together with your friend to play mini-games, do some battling, and so forth? They could also implement multiplayer missions, which won't be part of the main story; by completing them, however, you'd be able to unlock a variety of prizes, perhaps.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've heard of it, but can't recall the game's exact name, unfortunately. Though, I'm pretty sure there's some good reason behind not releasing it outside Japan, so I trust them on that. If there were to be a Mystery Dungeon game for Wii U, that would be amazing! I've always wondered how it would be to play something like that on a home console, and this would finally give me the chance to actually try.

What would be great is if they could incorporate multiplayer into it. Perhaps they could have secret-base like features, where you get together with your friend to play mini-games, do some battling, and so forth? They could also implement multiplayer missions, which won't be part of the main story; by completing them, however, you'd be able to unlock a variety of prizes, perhaps.
    Probably didn't happen due to a lack of perceived demand for the game outside of Japan versus effort to translate, etc. They want to make games if they sell enough, and hence that's my guess. Not the only Pokemon thing to suffer a Japan-only release; Ranch never got Platinum support (and that update) outside of Japan too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That makes sense. Pokémon games are decently popular throughout most part of the world, but for Japan, it's always a little more.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Probably didn't happen due to a lack of perceived demand for the game outside of Japan versus effort to translate, etc. They want to make games if they sell enough, and hence that's my guess. Not the only Pokemon thing to suffer a Japan-only release; Ranch never got Platinum support (and that update) outside of Japan too.

While I'm disappointed that we never got it, I agree in that it probably didn't sell well enough in Japan to be considered for international release. Though I'm pretty curious as to why, and why Gamefreak thought that Gates to Infinity would sell better as that one was released internationally.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • While I'm disappointed that we never got it, I agree in that it probably didn't sell well enough in Japan to be considered for international release. Though I'm pretty curious as to why, and why Gamefreak thought that Gates to Infinity would sell better as that one was released internationally.
    I don't know what the sales actually were so that might be worth looking at, but it being on the Wii (and its eshop as well iirc?) may have meant it was less noticable than being on the handhelds like the other MD titles to people.

(Also, Game Freak only deal with the main handheld titles - other companies and to *some* extent the Pokemon Company deal with spinoff titles, which include Stadium and Colosseum and etc).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Bump. For a change of topic, is there any shiny Pokémon that we wanted for a while, but couldn't get a hold of it due to certain circumstances? If so, what was the Pokémon, and why or how did we fail in capturing it?

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Bump. For a change of topic, is there any shiny Pokémon that we wanted for a while, but couldn't get a hold of it due to certain circumstances? If so, what was the Pokémon, and why or how did we fail in capturing it?

I've always wanted a shiny Whimsicott, but was never able to get one despite me playing them game for the longest time, let alone a single shiny Pokemon. Must be my bad luck, but I'm sure I'll find one someday! Someday... :p

I did find a Shiny Sentret in Pokemon Heartgold a few years back, but had exhausted all my Pokeballs and forgot to stock on enough. Needless to say, it got away, and I'm still sore to this day. Even if it was just a common Sentret.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I remember something similar happen to a Litleo I've encountered in Pokémon Y. It was shiny, and I really wanted to have it captured. Unfortunately, I had limited amount of Poké Balls with me and did not want to waste any, so I decided to reduce its health a bit before throwing. It wound to be a critical hit, though, and made it faint in an instant.

Luckly, I was able to run into another of these shiny Litleo later throughout the game, which I was able to catch just fine. It doesn't have good nature or ability (or at least one that I would personally prefer), so I don't exactly use it when battling and whatnot. Still keeping it for collection purposes!

One shiny that I always wished to get a hold of is Magikarp, because, well, when wouldn't like to have a golden-colored fish? Haha. Too bad that I never managed to find it.

Years
  • I recall one day years ago I always wanted a shiny Miltank. It was one of my fave 2nd Gen Pokemon and blue was an interesting color. Come X and my fourth shiny caught in that game was guess what... a Miltank. It was totally unexpected though but I'm glad I finally have a shiny that I wanted for a long time.

One shiny I really do want that I haven't caught yet is Corsola. I love the blue color on that thing, but I'm sure I can easily try and get one by chain fishing.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really don't have a shiny preference, because honestly at this point I really just want one that I found randomly, any one will do ;_; I haven't found a shiny since my Poochyena in Emerald! I guess maybe it wold be really cool to have a starter.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Some in gen 5 (and probably 6 too), due to a lack of an ability to chain shiny Pokemon via the Radar. I never got into rng for various reasons, and just found using the Poke Radar really fun. While it is back in X&Y... I dislike the fact you can't get multiple shiny Pokemon without the chain count restarting. =/

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I love the color of shiny Charizard, personally; if you ask me, red and black suits it quite well.

Mega-Charizard X's color scheme is similar, but what I dislike about that is its blue, which seems sort of out-of-place. If it weren't for this, I would have loved it.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Yeah, shiny Charizard for me too. Though I'd also like to have a shiny Steelix as well, it looks really cool, plus I like Steelix.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I always thought that Shiny Yveltal looked like a strip of bacon lmao.

717.png

Yeah, you're pretty much spot on with that one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Have never seen any shiny form of Yveltal until now, unfortunately, and all I've got to say is... wow. I have to agree, it does sort of look bacon-like! I believe it would have looked much better if it didn't have those whites around its body; dark red, brown, or black would probably have been much more suitable. Then again, though, I've heard that shinies are generated randomly, so maybe it's not completely up to them on how they might wind up looking?

Anyway, another shiny Pokémon I'm personally fond of is Metagross. Its golden cross on its head looks very unique, if you ask me, and its white body color really complements it. Due to similar reasons, I also like shiny version of Ninetales.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Have never seen any shiny form of Yveltal until now, unfortunately, and all I've got to say is... wow. I have to agree, it does sort of look bacon-like! I believe it would have looked much better if it didn't have those whites around its body; dark red, brown, or black would probably have been much more suitable. Then again, though, I've heard that shinies are generated randomly, so maybe it's not completely up to them on how they might wind up looking?

Anyway, another shiny Pokémon I'm personally fond of is Metagross. Its golden cross on its head looks very unique, if you ask me, and its white body color really complements it. Due to similar reasons, I also like shiny version of Ninetales.

Shiny Zygarde also looks like toothpaste lmao.

and yes I can't wait to get the shiny Beldum. I always enjoyed Metagross' shiny form.

Years
  • 717.png

Yeah, you're pretty much spot on with that one.

I guess you can say Yveltal is one of the worst-looking shinies ever, aside from the obvious "color is only a lighter/darker shade of normal colors" variety which have like nothing special going for them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back