• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
~KiTsUnE said:
I'm having truoble with connecting to maps together with Advance Map:

how do I connect two mapps at certain points?

Ok, with your first map make sure to add in the Map Bank and Map Number of where you want it to go. For example if you want it to go to Viridian City(3.1) from Pallet Town(3.0) in the connection heading northwards then in the north connection for Pallet Town put 3 as the Map Bank and 1 as the Map Number. Viridian City(3 <-Map Bank . 1 <- Map Number). Now in the connection heading southwards in Viridian City put 3 as the Map Bank and 0 as the Map Number. Just like before, just different connection. Ok, now the connections should work but the move strangely. You still have to set the adjustment. Let's say on adjustment is 12 and the other one is 6, they are not going to work. So you have to set one as 12 and -12 seeing as they are the same number, besides the negative. Every positive adjustment has to connect to a negative adjustment using the same number, besides 0. 0 can connect to itself so the adjustment for both would be 0. Let's say you have an adjustment of 3 then the other connection would have to be -3.

This is long, but I hope it helps.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Does anyone know if it's possible for a script to exist whereby, if the first Pokemon in your party is a certain nature/gender certain events occur?

ie. Man looking for a female Marill, if you show him one he gives you MysticWater.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
kingdude256 said:
Hi.... I think this is in the wrong place but where do we get Firmware and BIOS 7 + 9

Well we cannot link to those files here, seeing as they are illegal. Try searching on google for them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
What!!! They are..... ok but wat do i put in google
do i just put like Bios 7 and Firmware....
But thanks blazichu

Yeah, or search for biosnds7.zip, biosnds9.zip and FIRMWIRE.zip or FIRMWIRE.BIN. Hopefully these terms should help.

WaterSplash

Common
Years
I can help with your pokescript problem.

Save your script as all files, then name it "test.rbc"
(no specific name...)

Then, go to open it.
Instead of opening it, right click it and you should see the selection "compile script"

After it goes though a thing, a window will pop up.
Press the book and select your ROM.

THen, another window will come up.
Press the flashlight, then double click the first set of numbers.

Copy the numbers from teh bottom besides the $H

Press ok, then go to file, burn.

Now go insert it in a-map.

I saved it as a .rbc but when I right click nothing happens. Also, does anyone know of a way to change the pokedex info on FR/LG?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Ok, with your first map make sure to add in the Map Bank and Map Number of where you want it to go. For example if you want it to go to Viridian City(3.1) from Pallet Town(3.0) in the connection heading northwards then in the north connection for Pallet Town put 3 as the Map Bank and 1 as the Map Number. Viridian City(3 <-Map Bank . 1 <- Map Number). Now in the connection heading southwards in Viridian City put 3 as the Map Bank and 0 as the Map Number. Just like before, just different connection. Ok, now the connections should work but the move strangely. You still have to set the adjustment. Let's say on adjustment is 12 and the other one is 6, they are not going to work. So you have to set one as 12 and -12 seeing as they are the same number, besides the negative. Every positive adjustment has to connect to a negative adjustment using the same number, besides 0. 0 can connect to itself so the adjustment for both would be 0. Let's say you have an adjustment of 3 then the other connection would have to be -3.

This is long, but I hope it helps.

but how do I find out what the adjustment should be?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
~KiTsUnE said:
but how do I find out what the adjustment should be?

Well it does depend where you want it, the middle shoule be 0, basically it is like one of those linear graphs.

megiddo said:
EA1B60 - it didn't change them at all.

You need to edit from EA1B7A, then go onto the next colour and then the next one.

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I saved it as a .rbc but when I right click nothing happens. Also, does anyone know of a way to change the pokedex info on FR/LG?

To change the pokedex info just click the search button in A-Text and just say you wanna edit bulbasaurs you would type in on the left box "There is a plant seed on its back right from the day this Pokémon is born. The seed slowly grows larger" then it show up in the box on the right, then just click "write to ini." and then pick the section you want it in and them you can edit it!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
~KiTsUnE said:
Well it does depend where you want it, the middle shoule be 0, basically it is like one of those linear graphs.
wait........ what if on one map I want the connection to be near the top, but near the bottom on the map I'm connecting with?

Well the one near the top will probably have to be the positive number and the one near the bottom would have to be the negative number.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2008
my a-text doesn't work, missing file it says... how do i get this "missing file"???
(where can i download it whit the file??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back