• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Does anyone know what to use to index sinnoh pokemon sprites because dp sprites have alot of colours and im trying to import them to unlz-gba.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Does anyone know what to use to index sinnoh pokemon sprites because dp sprites have alot of colours and im trying to import them to unlz-gba.

I do have a tutorial about this in the Documnts and Toturials, though. And the bsic equipment you gotta use are MS Paint, Unlz-GBA and APE. Search around the tuts. ;)

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • I kind of need help like,
    Now!
    Please help cause I'm at a stand-still without it.

Me said:
    Ok I was wondering if you could insert new tiles,
    And then not have to e-map all of your maps?
    I'm pretty sure I'll have to re-map but If there is a chance that I don't,
    That would be wonderful!
    ~Thankies!

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Huh?
    You want to know if you can insert new tiles without replacing them in your map?

It does it automatically.
    Let's say you inseted a D/P tree.
    After you save your ROM, it will replace all other trees with the D/P tree.

Oh well thats good!
    Thanks fo helping Itman!
    *goes off in search of tiles*

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Teh Blaziken said:
    Ok I was wondering if you could insert new tiles,
    And then not have to e-map all of your maps?
    I'm pretty sure I'll have to re-map but If there is a chance that I don't,
    That would be wonderful!
    ~Thankies!

You would just have to overwrite the current tiles and do a simple palette change to get them correct, also you probably would have to resize the tiles.

FHJoker said:
    Im talking about the Pokemon data.

Pokemon Data is located at 0x51B0B.

pokemon time said:
    hey does any one know were i can get a program like bewildered for firered

Advance-Map comes with a wild Pokemon editor.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    megiddo said:
    Thanks and how do I use that? I've been palette editing in hex the way Christos did in his tutorial.

You go to those offsets in a hex editor and edit the palettes from there. Let's say my first palette is 6786 in VBA, well in hex the bytes are reversed to become 8667 but they'll show up as [86][67] in hex. Now, each palette has two bytes so there should be 16 of them, 16 is the maximum amount of palettes you can have. You APE's colour editor to get the colour you need as it does contain a hex code when you pick a colour.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    megiddo said:
    I can't find the color I'm looking for, B729, one red color of the flowers, at those offsets.

Do a search for that value in a hex editor, make sure to write down the value somewhere, incase if you get the wrong value when editing.

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
    Years
  • Oh okay, I get it. But is there no way to avoid that glitch?

Yes, there is one way, you can change the offset, where says IMAGE OFFSET
    put a new offset that you can find with Thingy ^^ That way, the sprite of the
    pokemon that you are taking out, will stay there, but with the palletes of the
    new one, but in the rom the sprite of the 4th generation pokemon will appear... ^^

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • I'm having a problem, I cant even finish the first town of my hack because the game keeps restarting everywhere, I cant even get past the intro now..

Anyone know why? I've tried like 50 different roms..

Heres a patch.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • I'm having a problem, I cant even finish the first town of my hack because the game keeps restarting everywhere, I cant even get past the intro now..

Anyone know why? I've tried like 50 different roms..

Heres a patch.

Hmmm...I just tried it and your right, as soon as the intro is done, it resets itself.
    Maybe you somehow made the patch wrong, or it's not a clean ROM (there are a lot of ROMs that don't work out there.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back