• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon +

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    As of Release 1, this is a very bugged and incomplete version of the game.

There's not much gameplay and all of it is pretty ugly, do not expect anything good by downloading this.

The only reason this is here is to get Ideas, suggestions and possibly new bugs I didn't yet encounter (but would be useful to while it's at the "beginning").

Pokémon +

More detailed and up-to-date info about the game can be found on: Blog
    17/06/2014:
    Spoiler:

14/04/2014:
    Spoiler:

09/04/2014:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon +

Pokémon Plus is a collection of stories from various regions which at the very end will interconnect for a reason or another.

Engine
    : RPG Maker XP (Pokémon Essentials)
    Genre: RPG
    Graphics: FR/LG - R/S/E - Custom (by me or see credits)
    Longevity: 55 minutes, of which:
    Red Wannabe: 10 minutes
    Leaf Wannabe: 10 minutes
    The Lovers: 30 minutes
    Sampei not Senpai: 5 minutes
    You won't have my badge: -

Kanto: 5 Cities / 8 Routes
    Hoenn: 4 Cities / 4 Routes
    Jhoto: 2 Cities

Pokémon +

(Trainer ♂) Red Wannabe:
    Spoiler:

(Trainer ♀) Leaf Wannabe:
    Spoiler:

(Trainer ♂) The Lovers:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon +

- 3 Plot stories + 2 Plot Stories (On Release 2)
    - Multiple saves
    - Kanto, Hoenn. + Jhoto (On Release 2)
    - Books! (On release 2)

Pokémon +

(Trainer ♂) Red Wannabe:
    Spoiler:

(Trainer ♀) Leaf Wannabe:
    Spoiler:

(Trainer ♂) The Lovers:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon +

Gym test

Pokémon +

Spoiler:

Pokémon +

General:
    It asks save's name twice (last one's name is the valid one). (Fixed on Release 2)
    The weather is "random" and not fully functional. (Fixed on Release 2)
    Lights and shadows don't work yet. (Fixed on Release 2)
    Region Maps are wrong. (Fixed on Release 2)
    Some Phone Numbers are bugged.
    Pokémon encounters on Virdian Gym. (Fixed on Release 2)

Leaf Wannabe:
    Rival's graphics are missing on fight (Fixed on Release 2)
    Mom dissapears without opening door (Fixed on Release 2)
    Mom's dialogue after getting PokeNav is old (Fixed on Release 2)
    Rival's name shows as "rival" during fight (Fixed on Release 2)
    Player sometimes getting stuck on lab's door (Fixed on Release 2)

The Lovers:
    Door graphics are messed up.
    Messed up wall in Littleroot town houses to upstairs. (Fixed on Release 2)
    Some books in Prof Birch's lab are glitched. (Fixed on Release 2)
    Prof Birch's Lab door is glitched.
    Route 103, lil bit of black to south water visible
    Some NPC gfx is temporary. (Fixed on Release 2)
    Norman's badge is bugged.
    Ralts' first dialogue is bugged. (Fixed on Release 2)

Pokémon +

(04/04/2014) Release 1 (48.38 MB)

Pokémon +

Note: I'm quite forgetful, so, if I forgot credit someone, let me know.
    Enterbrain: Rpg Maker XP
    Poccil, Maruno: Pokémon Essentials
    Nintendo, GameFreak: Original Pokémon games
    Badhaas: Event Placement Script
    Stochastic: Help1 , Help2
    Maruno: Help1
    Bulbapedia: Various text partially used for in-game books

Last edited:

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
    Years
  • Wow, no replies yet? I'm not 100% understanding this (for example if we focus on one character or play as all), but this definitely seems like a pretty unique undertaking. Best of luck to you, and I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Thanks!
    You can make multiple profiles, so you can play them all on different saves but on a single playthrough you'll be able to play only the character you choosen but still be able to meet all the other characters as NPCs eventually (for instance, if you choose "red wannabe" you'll be able to see during the story "leaf wannabe").

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
    Years
  • That's what I'd hoped it was, and it is beyond cool. Anything to increase replay value is a big "+" (har har), and I have always wanted to play a game with different/eccentric starting locations. Something about choosing to start in Cianwood City really excites me for some reason, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Glad you like the idea =D although it's not just about different locations but also different plots (even if in Release 1 it doesn't show that, all three plots are trainers) but, in release 2 there'll be two new plots which are going to be about being a fisher (so no badges and other trainer-related stuff) and gym leader, which I just made a video about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO2vhKwMMiQ

*Has yet to learn how to embed videos here*

Years
  • How's everything going? I just downloaded the demo and I'm about to extract it. I hope you're making progress, because this game sounds extremely unique!

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Thanks!

I'm almost done with Red wannabe and Leaf Wannabe plots as for release 2 (they will reach Cereulean City) as you can see i fixed all bugs present in release 1.

The Fisher (new plot) is something I'm doing next which starts in jhoto but then goes to Pallet town to reach Sable city (and then stops there for release 2).

Then there are the gym leader and the lovers plot which I'm going to do before release 2 (so it will still take quite a bit of time).

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    one of the best games ive played since pokemon raptor loved how ralts follows you but i dont like how you start off with a poliwag i like having the pikachu though havent tried wannabe leaf yet but i wish you the best of luck and the completion of this game that is amazing cant wait for the next releases in the future

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2018
    ^ Comparing it to Pokemon Raptor is pretty far-fetch(No offense), considering this doesn't even have as much gameplay, nor a trading function and the like. I do like the multiple trainer classes though, but can't say much about it, because everytime I try and download it, the Game Player just refuses to open.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I agree with FangOfDarkness, it's nowhere near that level!
    It doesn't have much Gameplay because it's a demo aimed to find bugs I didn't notice and also suggestions/ideas to improve it further.

Having a Poliwag at the start of the game is a must because of the plot (He owned a Pokémon prior to becoming a trainer) and it's also balanced because the first gym you'll encounter is rock (otherwise, against the other Pokémon you'll encounter at the beginning, Poliwag is pretty weak) that's where Pikachu will be useful, in the other hand, once you arrive in Pewter City, you'll need Poliwag to defeat Brock because in that case Pikachu will be the useless one (unless, of course, you'll catch a butterfly along the way).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Hello!

Lately I've added an achievement screen (For fisher only), each objective earns the fisher some Rep points, which I was thinking to use in some fisher challenges to earn badges (to the way to become the best fisher ever).

If you have any suggestion (Either graphical or a better way to use rep points), please do let me know =).

Thanks!

Pokémon +

Pokémon +

Back