• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to freeze temporarely the player's movement?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    It may seem like a silly question but I can't seem to figure an easy way for it.

When it's an autorun event it's not a problem as the player movements are freezed but recently I had to use parallel events as autorun was not okay in those cases and as I press the key arrows (needed during the Parallel process to do other things) the player beneath moves together with it.

I tried various options in move route (all of them, from direction fix, to stopping the animation), I even tried to use the move route in script form as I thought it was weird the player could move with direction fix ON (but I suppose it only locks the direction but can still move).

Is there a workaround I didn't think or anything I missed to easily accomplish the temporary player's movement freeze?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    There could be a better way of doing this depending on the exact context, but here's how you could do it.

Search for "def update" in script Walk_Run and add a new line after "def update",

return if $game_switches[69]

Now when switch 69 is ON, the player will not move. You can change the number of the switch if you like.
    Hope this helps!

Back