• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you return to a topic after posting your opinion/comment?

Years
  • Random but simple question, out of curiosity.

When you see a topic, especially a question-like topic, do you just post your comment/answer/opinion and then leave it for good or you return to it every now and then to see what other members say?

Im not talking about discussion, but simple topics like "Do you like rain/storms?", "I miss this member", "Insecurity", "One super power"...you get it.

Years
  • I'll usually post once, but I will go back to see what others have to say. Or sometimes I'll just see what others have to say and not post at all.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Yeah I do return to see what opinion do other people have on that particular topic.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    It depends on how interesting I find the topic. I generally am more of a lurker anyway when I do come on, but if the topic is something controversial or something that appeals to me/interests me a lot, I'll continue to monitor it. So, for example, if a topic is something like "what did you eat for breakfast," or even "what is your favorite Pokémon," I might glance at it quickly, but probably won't come back to it. Other threads I'll monitor more, though I generally won't post multiple times unless someone directly responds to what I said or a later poster says something that I really want to respond to. I also don't really have time to spend debating people over particularly controversial topics, so I'll read them regularly if I find them interesting, but frequently will avoid posting myself.

pkmin3033

Usually not unless I'm quoted or someone likes my post, although I will sometimes as I'll forget I've posted in there and don't really pay much attention to the icons, but otherwise...there's other stuff I'm doing when on here, if I re-read all the topics I've already visited I'd never get anything else done. xD

EDIT: That said, I've checked this topic three times now...maybe I do it more than I thought I did. xD

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sure, I do every now and then. Most topics I post in are worth having discussions, and I like to see different perspectives of other members on the same topic.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Not unless the topic is something I really want to see what others have to say on.

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • Not unless the topic is something I really want to see what others have to say on.

I'm just going to leave this here...

Do you return to a topic after posting your opinion/comment?

:p

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • If it's a topic like "How's the weather?" or "Early morning thoughts," I usually post and leave unless I'm interested by the responses. There isn't a ton of room for discussion, or at least one that I'd be interested in participating in, so that's why. Unless someone quotes me, then I'll check back and see what's going on.

Years
  • It depends if I reckon the thread's going to have interesting responses. If it's like "Do you play basketball?", then I probably won't check that, because it's pretty much a yes or no answer. But if it's more "Do you go to parties?" and everyone's posting like 2 paragraphs of text, then I'll come back and read that.

I legitimately read every post in "What are you listening to?" that's posted after me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll check back on things if the topic is interesting. Sometimes I check just to read my reply again because I don't remember what I said lol.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Not really. A lot of threads I don't care what other people have to say, I just want to post what I have to say.

Back