• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you return to a topic after posting your opinion/comment?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    If you don't, you really should. It's how you converse.

Or is it inverse?

Regardless, it's a great way to maximize a forum experience. Folks on LTT do it as a standard, and it's always something I've had a hard time understanding, people posting and going or what. If no one reads replies then why do people post?

Years
    Yes, because even if I don't have anything extra to provide it's worthwhile to see what others have to offer for their opinions on the topic at hand. There are some topics that don't really demand extra conversation, but some (like most of the threads in D&D) do.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Because people like to have their say and be done with it. Like getting the last quip in, in an argument.

Hehehe, I suppose. Sometimes though when I'd used to post and go I'd read those before me and not after mine. I wonder why people like that, though? It's simply missing out on things, and it's not like there's a stake of anything to be had in a thread... or is there?

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    If no one reads replies then why do people post?
    I do it because I need a place to express myself outwardly, but I don't necessarily enjoy talking to others because I find it a very difficult and awkward process most of the time. (So awkward, and people only really reply to me when they disagree with what I've said, and I don't like starting arguments.) You might recommend I could write it in a private journal and be done with it, but the thought that someone MIGHT read it is enough to motivate me. It's not very logical, I know. But I like to think that someone somewhere liked what I said, and just are too timid to say it aloud. I just say things in public to relieve my brain, as it tends to get too full of thoughts for its own good.

And yes, I came back. I got bored.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
    I usually do. I always return to a debate thread to see the differing opinions. I'm always receptive to learning new things.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Always if i post a thread i look back on it hourly haha and if i post a topic i will return and comment generally on it. Idk why haha i show my opinion on like everything lol.

Years
    Only if I put thought into my response, and if I did, I'll remember to check it as soon as I get back on the site.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    If the thread seemed interesting when I first posted, then I will normally go back and check it out. Sometimes I even reply to other people's input to carry on the compelling conversation or argument.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    If I'm bored and in a really PC-browsing mood I'll sometimes revisit those threads, but it's not often. I do tend to lurk interesting discussion threads though, lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I pretty much always come back (with the exception being that I forget it exists). Whether I'll come back more than once depends on the topic, and how interesting I found the responses - it's nice to see what others thought.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    I usually just post what I want to say and don't really go back to that thread.

Back