• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team of Friendship

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
Years
  • I'm not certain what you mean, so I'll just list my assumptions and try to answer them.
    #1: If a pokemon uses Toxic Spikes more than once, will the grounded pokemon that switch in (barring steels and poisons) become badly poisoned instead of usual poisoned?
    Yes.
    #2: If an already poisoned pokemon switches in on a double Toxic Spikes (2 layers of TSpikes), will its poison be changed into badly poisoned?
    I'm fairy certain this is not the case.

That #1 question is what I meant.

I went ahead and replaced my Roserade's Sludge Bomb with Toxic Spikes. Combined with my Metagross' Stealth Rock, it should be lethal.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    That #1 question is what I meant.

I went ahead and replaced my Roserade's Sludge Bomb with Toxic Spikes. Combined with my Metagross' Stealth Rock, it should be lethal.

Having both of those entry hazards up (also Spikes if you can find a place for it on your team) and a move like Roar or Whirlwind and using mostly defensive Pokemon on your team are what stall is all about.

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
    Years
  • I recently finished raising a new Gardevoir. This is what she looks like:

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
    ability: Trace
    nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 SP. ATK / 176 SP. DEF / 32 SPEED
    Moves:
    Psychic
    Wish
    Will-o-Wisp
    Thunderbolt

She is good, but I'm having a hard time deciding whether to use this one or stick with the one already have. Which one should I use? And if anyone has any suggestions for bettering my Gardevoir, please let me know.

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
    Years
  • Sorry for the double post, I just wanted to get this thread going again.

Anyway, I did some calculating and discovered that the Gardevoir I listed earlier is actually able to survive a Gengar's shadow ball and then OHKO it with psychic while stealth rock is in play. So I am definitely keeping her with the new movset, nature, and EVs.

But I would still appreciate any tips on bettering the pokemon on my team.

Back