• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team of Friendship

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
Years
  • Well, here is my team. Please do not tell me to change the kind of pokemon I use on this team, and please don't insult them (I'm begging you, I don't want to have to go through what happened on those other sites again!). I care about my pokemon. There is nothing wrong with treating your pokemon like friends, even if their not real. Thats what imagination is for.
    Don't get me wrong, I'll still take advice given for their moves, natures, abilities, items, and EVs.

Here is my team:

Blaziken @ Salac Berry
    ability: Blaze
    nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPEED
    Moves:
    Blaze Kick
    Endure
    Reversal
    Swords Dance

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
    ability: Trace
    nature: Timid
    EVs: 56 HP / 200 SP.ATK / 252 SPEED
    Moves:
    Psychic
    Wish
    Calm Mind
    Thunderbolt

Salamence @ Yache Berry
    ability: Intimidate
    Moves:
    Outrage
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    Dragon dance

Roserade @ Focus Sash
    ability: Natural Cure
    Moves:
    Leaf Storm
    Sludge Bomb
    Hidden Power (fire)
    Sleep Powder

Milotic @ Leftovers
    ability: Marvel Scale
    nature: Bold
    EVs: 148 DEF / 108 SP.ATK / 252 SPEED
    Moves:
    Surf
    Recover
    Hypnosis
    Ice Beam

Metagross @ Life Orb
    ability: Clear Body
    nature: Adamant
    EVs: 104 HP / 252 ATK / 152 SPEED
    Moves:
    Meteor Mash
    Agility
    Explosion
    Earthquake

Please rate.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Can we have a description for each pokemon please? So we know what they are used for.

Also, I guess for the time being:

Hi Blaziken, my name is Infernape, I outclass you in every way possible.
    Hi Gardevior, your pursuit bait.
    Roserade, did you meet Infernape?

Also, your team is severe balanced team weak. All you have is offense which also means stall can beat you by making you constantly switch from special attacker, to physical, to special, to physical, to special...

If you do insist on using Blaziken give him a Adamant Nature and use Agility.

Last edited:

Hospitaller

Defender of the Faith
    Years
  • 'Tis a good team indeed, however you are lacking a good anti-Ghost pokemon. With the common nature of Gengar it would be a good idea to maybe teach your Salamence Crunch, but otherwise, it should fare well against most teams. Some woul complain that you use two Pseudo-Ubers, but I personally do not. Your team is well made, commendations are in order.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Well, here is my team. Please do not tell me to change the kind of pokemon I use on this team, and please don't insult them (I'm begging you, I don't want to have to go through what happened on those other sites again!). I care about my pokemon. There is nothing wrong with treating your pokemon like friends, even if their not real. Thats what imagination is for.
    Don't get me wrong, I'll still take advice given for their moves, natures, abilities, items, and EVs.

Here is my team:

Blaziken @ Salac Berry
    Moves:
    Blaze Kick
    Endure
    Reversal
    Swords Dance

This will not work, Tyranitar is everywhere in OU and once you have Endured down to 1 HP, you will die. I suggest using this instead:

Blaziken @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 52 Atk / 252 SpA / 204 Speed
    Rash nature (+ SpA / - SpD)
    - Agility
    - Fire Blast
    - Superpower
    - Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Electric

This is much easier to set up, and it isn't completely outclassed by Infernape. 204 Speed EVs to outspeed Scarf +nature base 100s such as Scarf Jirachi. Last slot depends on you, Grass is for bulky Waters and helps with Swampert, where as Electric does the same except it does more vs Gyarados.

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
    Moves:
    Psychic
    Wish
    Calm Mind
    Thunderbolt

I guess...

Salamence @ Life Orb
    ability: Intimidate
    nature: Naive
    Moves:
    Outrage
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    Dragon dance

First, if you use Fire Blast, Naive is much better so it doesn't lower its power. And it helps OHKO Skarmory iirc. Yache does nothing to help, Ice Shard from the likes of Mamoswine and Weavile will always OHKO with SR up, and in general Life Orb's boost helps a ton.

Roserade @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
    Moves:
    Leaf Storm
    Sludge Bomb
    Hidden Power (fire) / Hidden Power Ground
    Sleep Powder

Focus Sash doesn't work if you are not leading with this, SR is the most common move in the game, so if Roserade switches into SR, Focus Sash will become useless. Choice Specs or Choice Scarf would be best since you are planning on using this offensively. Choice Specs for more power, Choice Scarf for faster Sleep Powders. Hidden Power Ground is good for Steel- and Poison-types such as Heatran.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Speed
    Moves:
    Surf
    Recover
    Hidden Power Electric
    Ice Beam

Hypnosis had a drop in accuracy from DP -> Plat, so HP Electric would work better vs Waters such as Gyarados.

Metagross @ Occa Berry / Lum Berry / Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Speed
    Moves:
    Meteor Mash / Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Explosion
    Bullet Punch

This will be your lead since Blaziken is not too effective as one, and you lack SR so this will become very handy. Occa Berry for Fire attacks that a lot of leads carry such as Azelf and Heatran, Lum Berry is good vs Roserade and Smeargle, and Leftovers is for healing properties. Bullet Punch is great for suicide leads like Azelf, Aerodactyl, Infernape, etc.

Please rate.
    Comments in bold ↑. Mainly just fix your movesets, might come back to help with threats.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • 'Tis a good team indeed, however you are lacking a good anti-Ghost pokemon. With the common nature of Gengar it would be a good idea to maybe teach your Salamence Crunch, but otherwise, it should fare well against most teams. Some woul complain that you use two Pseudo-Ubers, but I personally do not. Your team is well made, commendations are in order.

I see you are relatively new to PC and our S&M suggestion. I would prefer for you to read our stickies and learn more about this section before rating again. Continue to rate poorly and you may receive an official warning.

Now onto the team:

Team of Friendship

Adamant
    Life Orb

Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    EQ
    Dragon Dance

Pretty much rapes your team, especially if it gets a DD in. If you add the changes OOKAMI mentioned, you'll be fine. You NEED Stealth Rock to hinder Pokemon like Salamence and Gyarados as that's probably a better check for either of them than any Pokemon can provide. Speaking of Salamence, it can be an ass to you to with a set of Outrage/Fire Fang/EQ/Dragon Dance.

I suggest reading our stickies as well and try to figure out how to prepare for common threats and basic team building strategies.

(I know you don't want to change your Pokemon but Gardevoir tends to struggle in OU with all the Pursuit users flying around. So I strongly suggest changing it but its your team in the end :D)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    1) Need Stealth Rock. Any offensive team needs this to land those crucial KO's
    2) Gardevoir is pursuit bait but if you insist on using it come up with a way to deal with its counters
    3) Since you're mighty stall weak consider using SD Lucario it can do some serious damage to common defensive Pokemon. Take a look at what it can do after a single SD:

Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Skarmory 84.4% - 99.7%
    Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Bronzong: 95.2% - 100% (67% chance to OHKO)
    Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Hippowdon: 75.7% - 89.3%
    Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Forretress: 79.7% - 93.8%
    Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Donphan: 82.0% - 96.9%
    Crunch vs. max HP / Def Cresselia: 63.5% - 74.8%
    Crunch vs. max HP Cresselia: 85.1% - 100% (2.6% chance to OHKO)
    Crunch vs. max HP / Def Dusknoir: 88.4% - 100% (21% chance to OHKO)
    Crunch vs. max HP / Def Celebi: 78.7% - 93.1%
    Crunch vs. max HP / Def Rotom - Appliance: 100%

Calcs from Smogon

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
    Years
  • To Ookami, thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try.

If the Blaziken set you suggested doesn't work for me, I'll try the Adamant/Agility one that was suggested earlier. In fact I think I actually raised two that are exactly like you mentioned (for testing purposes).

I kind of like my pokemon to be "speed demons", but I'll try your suggestions for Milotic.

And interesting Metagross moveset. I'll also give it a try.

By the way, I usually do lead with Roserade, I just have Blaziken up front cause he looks cool there. Whenever I battle other trainers, I switch him to a different position.

I never really noticed Stealth Rock to be that commonly used, but I'll take your word for it. My DS' Wi-fi doesn't work at my house, so I do all of Wi-fi battles on PBR.

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
    Years
  • I noticed the previous message was deleted (I don't want to know why, but I bet it was either bad or insulting). Sorry if this is considered double-posting.

I took most of Ookami's advice, and over the week, I have re-raised my team. Here they are:

Blaziken @ Life Orb
    nature: Rash
    EVs: 52 ATK / 252 SP.ATK / 204 SPEED
    Moves:
    Fire Blast
    Agility
    Superpower
    Hidden Power (Grass)

With the advice I was given, I hatched a new Torchic and raised him into a new Blaziken. I have to say that the results are good, as he has won me a lot of wi-fi battles on PBR. And with Hidden Power Grass, Swamperts are no longer much of a threat to him.

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
    Moves:
    Psychic
    Wish
    Calm Mind
    Thunderbolt

Basically unchanged, as I didn't get any advice for her. At least I think I didn't.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    ability: Intimdate
    nature: Naive
    Moves:
    Outrage
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance

Changed from Jolly to Naive, to power up his Fire Blast, and given a life orb because it was recommended (plus a yache berry wouldn't protect him from Ice Shards). He is still my main sweeper.

Roserade @ Focus Sash
    Moves:
    Energy Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Hidden Power (Fire)
    Sleep Powder

I didn't change Roserade for two reasons. One: Because she is pretty good like this, and Two: Because even though she is in this position in my party, I do use her as a lead. I just like top have Blaziken up front in-game because he looks cool there. When I play competitively I adjust my team's positions accordingly.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SPEED / 8 SPEED
    Moves:
    Surf
    Toxic
    Recover
    Ice Beam

I decided to go with what was suggested and max out Milotic's defense, and nearly max out her HP. I also decided to replace hypnosis with Toxic, since she is able to recover and is bulky enough to take hits, and it has been very useful in wi-fi battles.

Metagross @ Occa Berry
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 ATK / 8 SPEED
    Moves:
    Meteor Mash
    Explosion
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock

I took the advice for Metagross, and I have to say, Stealth Rock has really helped my team out. He may be slower, but at least he can take a hit while he sets up Stealth Rock, and if he does survive, he can either explode or attack.

Please continue to rate my team, but please mind what I said before. Please.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Blaziken is still inferior to Infernape, but I would consider dropping HP Fire for T-Spikes on Roserade, to help with slowing down sweepers. Thats about all I got. Also, Gengar does a better job at Gardevior's job than Gardevior.

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
    Years
  • Blaziken is still inferior to Infernape, but I would consider dropping HP Fire for T-Spikes on Roserade, to help with slowing down sweepers. Thats about all I got. Also, Gengar does a better job at Gardevior's job than Gardevior.

Not to cause a scene, but I really don't care if Infernape is better. Blaziken is my favorite fire type and always will be. Plus, I kind of prefer chickens to monkeys.

Also, Gengar may be better than Gardevoir (obvious, cause Gengar is a ghost type), but I don't care about that either. Gardevoir may be a NU pokemon, but that doesn't mean she isn't a good pokemon.
    I also ask, how is it that a part poison pokemon is better than a psychic type. With the exception of a focus sash, Gardevoir (if it survived Gengar's Shadow Ball, which she probably would if she was at full HP) would OHKO Gengar.

Plus, Gardevoir is perhaps my all-time favorite pokemon. I could never replace her.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Not to cause a scene, but I really don't care if Infernape is better. Blaziken is my favorite fire type and always will be. Plus, I kind of prefer chickens to monkeys.
    Also, Gengar may be better than Gardevoir (obvious, cause Gengar is a ghost type), but I don't care about that either. Gardevoir may be a NU pokemon, but that doesn't mean she isn't a good pokemon.
    I also ask, how is it that a part poison pokemon is better than a psychic type. With the exception of a focus sash, Gardevoir (if it survived Gengar's Shadow Ball, which she probably would if she was at full HP) would OHKO Gengar.

Plus, Gardevoir is perhaps my all-time favorite pokemon. I could never replace her.

Because Gengar is faster and stronger. Entry hazards would break the focus sash so its not really a problem anyway.

Also, um, I would drop meteor mash for bullet punch on Metagross so it has a STAB priority move and drop Occa berry for leftovers because Gross is also weak to ground (which is just as common as fire).

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
    Years
  • Also, um, I would drop meteor mash for bullet punch on Metagross so it has a STAB priority move and drop Occa berry for leftovers because Gross is also weak to ground (which is just as common as fire).

Yeah, I've been thinking about that, but I'm not sure of which move to keep on Metagross. On one hand Meteor Mash has lots of power and a chance to raise his attack. On the other hand, Bullet Punch is a priority move and could turn the tables in a battle very quickly. I could replace his explosion with it, but explosion has been very useful in the past.

What should I do? Keep Meteor Mash or replace it with Bullet Punch, OR, replace Explosion with Bullet Punch?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Yeah, I've been thinking about that, but I'm not sure of which move to keep on Metagross. On one hand Meteor Mash has lots of power and a chance to raise his attack. On the other hand, Bullet Punch is a priority move and could turn the tables in a battle very quickly. I could replace his explosion with it, but explosion has been very useful in the past.

What should I do? Keep Meteor Mash or replace it with Bullet Punch, OR, replace Explosion with Bullet Punch?

Replace Meteor Mash, its strong, but it has lower accuracy. Bullet Punch has better accuracy but less power. I would replace Bullet Punch for the simple reason that its more reliable, and Gross already has a pretty monstrous attack score. Explosion is too useful as a last ditch "loldead" move.

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
    Years
  • Replace Meteor Mash, its strong, but it has lower accuracy. Bullet Punch has better accuracy but less power. I would replace Bullet Punch for the simple reason that its more reliable, and Gross already has a pretty monstrous attack score. Explosion is too useful as a last ditch "loldead" move.

All right, I'll try replacing Meteor Mash with Bullet Punch. After all, if I find it too weak later, I can always change it back. But if things go well, I won't have to.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    You really want HP Electric >> Ice Beam there on Milotic or Gyarados 6-0's you.

Also Milotic's ev spread EVs: 252 HP / 6 SP.ATK / 252 Def.

And lastly place Toxic>> Hypnosis. You already have Sleep Powder on Rose, having 2 sleep moves is beyond redundant.

Roserade wants Toxic Spikes.

Scizor, Mence, Jolteon, Tar weak though i guess a metagame weak is to be expected of a team of "favourites".

I mean we cant even make changes to make your team better, sooo. I mean dont you have more than 6 favs ?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Also, Gardevior wants Synchronize as its ability, not Trace, Trace is so lol and more of a gimmick than useful.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Also, Gardevior wants Synchronize as its ability, not Trace, Trace is so lol and more of a gimmick than useful.

Can we please stop posting things that are false ?

Synchronize is the useless ability, wow you paralyzed/poisoned a Blissey back good job, wow burned a rest talk rotom back awesome dood! 2/60 ~_~

Trace lets you wall stuff like Heatran, Vappy, Jolteon, Vire, you can also Intimidate Mence and Gyarados back to cut their power.

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
    Years
  • Can we please stop posting things that are false ?

Synchronize is the useless ability, wow you paralyzed/poisoned a Blissey back good job, wow burned a rest talk rotom back awesome dood! 2/60 ~_~

Trace lets you wall stuff like Heatran, Vappy, Jolteon, Vire, you can also Intimidate Mence and Gyarados back to cut their power.

I'd have to agree there. Trace is a wonderful ability, and has served my Gardevoir very well in her battles.

I'm not sure about HP Electric on Milotic though, because Ice Beam lets her deal with the likes of Salamence and Garchomp, and her Toxic lets her slowly cripple non-steel and non-poison types (she took out a Giratina in a wi-fi battle on PBR with it. She used it cause her ice beam only took out 1/4 of Giratina's HP).

I have a question. If a pokemon uses Toxic Spikes more than once, will the poisoning become treated as badly poisoned?

And I will admit, I used to use Manectric in my Emerald version, but replaced him with Roserade when I got Diamond version. But once that happened, over time I became so attatched to that team that I didn't want to give them up (however, sometimes I use other teams I've made, not just this one. I've raised nearly every pokemon, so I have a lot to use. But these pokemon will always be my main team).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    I'd have to agree there. Trace is a wonderful ability, and has served my Gardevoir very well in her battles.

I'm not sure about HP Electric on Milotic though, because Ice Beam lets her deal with the likes of Salamence and Garchomp, and her Toxic lets her slowly cripple non-steel and non-poison types (she took out a Giratina in a wi-fi battle on PBR with it. She used it cause her ice beam only took out 1/4 of Giratina's HP).

I have a question. If a pokemon uses Toxic Spikes more than once, will the poisoning become treated as badly poisoned?

And I will admit, I used to use Manectric in my Emerald version, but replaced him with Roserade when I got Diamond version. But once that happened, over time I became so attatched to that team that I didn't want to give them up (however, sometimes I use other teams I've made, not just this one. I've raised nearly every pokemon, so I have a lot to use. But these pokemon will always be my main team).

Well Milotic is a terrible switch into Salamence since its OHKO'd on pretty much both sides of the attacking spectrum. Garchomp is uber and thus banned and even when not (i.e those silly "lets revolt against smogon and not ban it" rules) it owns Milotic since CB 2HKO's, LO SD OHKO's and Yache Chomp wins anyway so yeah another pointless pokemon to counter lol.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I have a question. If a pokemon uses Toxic Spikes more than once, will the poisoning become treated as badly poisoned?

I'm not certain what you mean, so I'll just list my assumptions and try to answer them.
    #1: If a pokemon uses Toxic Spikes more than once, will the grounded pokemon that switch in (barring steels and poisons) become badly poisoned instead of usual poisoned?
    Yes.
    #2: If an already poisoned pokemon switches in on a double Toxic Spikes (2 layers of TSpikes), will its poison be changed into badly poisoned?
    I'm fairy certain this is not the case.

Back