• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maps and Help with maps.

Pokemon: Be in the Game!

I am the master...
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 5, 2005
    You can help me by posting maps here for me and other people to use.. You WILL get FULL credit for any map you submit. BUT, IT HAS TO BE A POKEMON MAP MADE USING RM2K3. OK? THAT IS THE ONLY RULE. You can also request help with making maps here. Please make this a Stickie. :classic:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    What, you mean posting the map file, or a pic of it?

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I'll see how this goes before stickying anything.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Why not start by putting up some of your own maps?

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, you could save the map files in a .zip file along with the correct chipsets.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I guess rm2k3 only is a bit too strict.

Last edited:

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
  • I guess I'll post my map first. This is Petalburg City Fire Red/Leaf Green style, as seen in my game, Pokemon Dawn/Dusk. Comments?

EDIT: This map was made in RM2k3.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
  • latias45 said:
    i am confused do you what a photo of the map / or just to tell you?
    What I did, I posted a pic of the map so that you immediately know what it looks like. Then, I put the map and it's chipset into a zip file and uploaded that. I'm guessing that's how this works.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I think this is a bad idea for two reasons:
    1 - If people use these then there will be a lot of people with the same maps in their games.
    2 - Making maps are the most fun and creative aspects of game making. Take that away and all you got left is boring programming work.

And the fact that you haven't posted any maps yourself kinda makes it look like you're trying to get people to give you maps for your game. If you want to get something like this to work then the thread starter needs to lead by example and post a few maps to begin with.
    And these threads have appeared before and die down after a few days because people decide that they don't want to share their maps. Maybe this time it'll be different though.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Before you post click on the 'Go Advanced' button below the reply box. Then scoll down to 'Manage Attachments' and you can upload them there. Make sure that if you're uploading a map file that you zip it first or it wont be able to upload.

Back