• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon World Maps & Ideas

What is north of the janto/kohto region area

• Total voters

fade101

I rawr youu!!
Years
  • Yeah, mysteries are kinda cool but you just like have to know em... I got another theory... Maybe after finishing the regions in Japan, they might use other countries as their model, lets say the neighbouring countries like the states or china or korea... or even australia... just a thought...

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Maybe after finishing the regions in Japan, they might use other countries as their model, lets say the neighbouring countries like the states or china or korea... or even australia... just a thought...

Nitpick: The States aren't exactly Japan's neighbor. XD

That aside, well, they've already started with Orre (being Arizona), so this isn't actually all that out there.

Additionally, as a random side note to throw out there about regions outside of Japan, it was mentioned back in RBY (from a disgruntled Silph Co. scientist) that there's also another region in Russia. For a long time, I thought it was called Tiksi (because that's the name the scientist mentions being transferred to), but apparently, it's just a city. Any thoughts on what the region might be called?

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Lol... Hawaii is a kinda close to Japan... I just wiki on Tiksi and its in the Sakha Republic in Russia... Its a small place actually... Its a port settlement!

ps: WOOOOT!!! Its my 100th post!!

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Wow russia in a pokemon game. b
    Spoiler:

But seriously if they did that it would mean snow only region. 150 pokemon dedicated to ice and dragon. God damnit if that happens were looking at the death of pokemon. And what if they just take my idea.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Lol... If they dont take your idea... This shows how dumb those people are in nintendo... coz they dont really think about the future of their money making thingy...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well I was talking bout the 9 region thing. And fade I cant remember name you told me I finished it. The stupidest pokemon region drawing ever.
    It sucks I know but meh I like it.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Lol... Hawaii is a kinda close to Japan...

Not really, actually. XD If you zoom out enough on a map, you'll be able to see that Hawaii's quite a distance away from Japan to the point where there's almost an equal distance between us and, say, Spain.

Alaska's a bit closer, but I still wouldn't consider the two neighbors.

As for the Russian region, what about Steel or Ground? Tundra's pretty barren, after all.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Its cool and i can understand soo no worries... any other theories or ideas you wanna share... coz im blank right now...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well were does mount coronet lead. And how far does battle island extend. And if my idea is ignored by nintendo what is on the island of johto. Also although johto is nowhere near sinnoh how did nintendo make a stupidity like this.
    Those 2 island look like there the same but there not. I think nintendo needs to start checking the regions.

Last edited:

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Ooooh... you're right!! Those islands really look as if their connected... Awesome man... you have pretty sharp eyes or your just into investigatin stuff...

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Hmm if the islands were separated... that means more water/sea than land... so kyogre wins then... lol

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Well were does mount coronet lead.

Doesn't it lead to Rt. 216, the road to Snowpoint? O.o

what is on the island of johto.

See, I'm not so sure if Cianwood is an island. Is it ever stated, or is it just a peninsula? Because I know that the area of Japan that Johto is based on curves around a bay, and I just figured most of Johto is supposed to be on one side of the bay and Cianwood is on the other. Alternatively, if it is an island, I figured it was just Cianwood, with the rest of the island rugged territory (which would make sense for a city with a Fighting-type Gym -- gives the Gym Leader and his minions a place to practice martial arts).

Those 2 island look like there the same but there not. I think nintendo needs to start checking the regions.

Well, it's possible for two landmasses to look similar or as if they fit together but end up being two different places. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're the same or that one place leads to another or that Nintendo hasn't done their research when it comes to developing regions. We don't know what the rest of Sinnoh's island looks like, so it could actually be anything from the little nub that looks like Cianwood (which is rendered fairly poorly anyway and could possibly just look like Sicily if it is an island), a hook, a giant piece of land -- anything.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I meant were does it lead towards south-way. And thnx i was speculating it. And did everone know that pokemon was created while they were smoking pot. Or so I was told.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Are ya freakin serious??!! You mean they were like 'oooh i feel like im flying... i like tiny cute little creatures that fights... lets create creatures that you can put in your pocket... look at me! i have this thing in my ball...

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I meant were does it lead towards south-way.

I figured as much. That's what I was talking about, mostly -- the unknown part of that island and whether it curves back and around from that point or if it just continues downward into a small, nub-like island.

And did everone know that pokemon was created while they were smoking pot. Or so I was told.

XD Whoever told you this was actually joking. It's a common little joke that's been passed around where people say that the designers were high on pot, acid, mushrooms, crack, LSD, glue fumes -- you name it. Really, it's a comment on the fact that some designs make no sense or look utterly ridiculous.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oh ok thnx again. Another strange question why doesnt nintendo create different versions of the regions. Like a lava filled hoenn or a flooded kanto. And is there anything beyond pokeania? My name by the way.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Yeah.. route 224 could lead to another region. Also Darkcookie, could a game with more than one reigon e.g. Sinnoh and Jhoto, be created?

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Why should they?? If they create a lava filled hoenn, doesn't that mean there wont be any water, grass or bug pokemon there...
    There's definitely sumthin beyond pokeania... its a brand new world!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Oh ok thnx again.

No prob.

Another strange question why doesnt nintendo create different versions of the regions. Like a lava filled hoenn or a flooded kanto.

They kinda tried with RSE, but they stopped short, which really is a shame. I think it would be because they'd have to completely redesign the map if it's supposed to be an event to show what the region looks like during and after (if there is an after) and code what Pokemon are still available. Probably just too much work (although on the other hand, it's not like they can't do something like that).

On top of that, it might also be too much of a storyline for Pokemon, which is usually a pretty simple game with one major storyline and a bunch of side plots that only take a few minutes to complete. On top of that, the focus is usually catching Pokemon and earning badges, so maybe a huge natural disaster would get in the way of those goals (unless they threw in some way to still find Pokemon).

Come to think of it, I'm thinking both might be possible for a DS game, so I'm not particularly sure here.

And is there anything beyond pokeania? My name by the way.

Well, if you mean the country with the four regions, I always thought so and assumed that places like Orre and whatever region name they'd give for the area of Russia were in other countries. It's just that we get a larger-than-life view of a small corner of the world because that's what the Japanese would've liked to see -- a game taking place in a Japanese-based region, with the map zoomed in to focus only on a small corner of the world that looks the most like home.

Which makes me wonder about what other American regions look like. Orre is nearly landlocked except for the west, right?

Edit: Also, sorry, I thought you meant Cianwood in the other post, not Mt. Coronet.

Back