• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Oh god the topic is Zelda. I love you all.

Right now I'm playing Majora's Mask and A Link to the Past buuut I haven't played MM in a while because of school and I keep dying in ALttP. :(

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Just the series in general and possibly a good game to start with? I was thinking of the DS version but yeah.

As far as I know, the DS games are a bit smaller in length than the console versions and force you to use touch controls (which is pretty different from other Zelda games), so if you're trying to get a feel for what Zelda is really like, you might not want to start with the DS games. Most peoples' favorite Zelda is Ocarina of Time, which was available on N64, Gamecube, Wii Virtual Console, and remade for 3DS, though I'd also recommend Twilight Princess as an introductory Zelda game if you don't have an easy way to play Ocarina of Time. It has a Gamecube version and a Wii version, so you can pick which one you want to play based on whether you prefer traditional controls or motion controls.

Wind Waker and Majora's Mask are sort of the oddballs of the series so even though most Zelda fans enjoy those as well, so wait until you've played at least one other Zelda game before trying either of these. Majora's Mask is kind of a sequel to Ocarina of Time, too, so if you care about playing things in order, you'll want to wait until you've played Ocarina before you play Majora.

Hope this is helpful :D

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Spirit Tracks is an abomination, plain and simple. Ocarina is definitely the best place to start...it's pretty much the definition of a Zelda game, in my opinion, and it laid the groundwork for all the future entries in the series.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    ...I liked Spirits Tracks. D: Ocarina was a pretty cool game, but I think my favorite has always been Majora's Mask ever since I first played it, mostly because I really love the visuals of the landscape and the story of all the characters present throughout the game.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I played Phantom Hourglass, but I haven't finished Spirit Tracks. I think I got stuck somewhere and didn't bother to play further, so it's sitting there collecting dust. The same goes for KH: Days, though I think that one is sitting on the shelf due to lack of interest.

I've always wanted to play Ocarina of Time, but I never got the chance. I should ask my friend if I could borrow Twilight Princess so I could continue playing it... well, restart it most likely. I started playing it at her house and it was quite enjoyable.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm jumping on the Ocarina bandwagon because I am just in love with that beautiful game. The music, the characters, the dungeons... everything was just amazing. The Ocarina songs are some of my favourite songs in the series.

I'm not too familiar with the DS Zelda games, though; I've never played Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. They're not really on my to-do list.

But do give Ocarina a try if you can. :D Or if not, Twilight Princess is really good as well.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I think that this discussion has proved that there's zero consensus among Zelda fans on what the "best" Zelda games are :p I'm kind of weird in that I hate Majora's Mask and think that Minish Cap is the best 2D Zelda, but I stand by my assertion that Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess is the best starting point for a Zelda beginner. (OoT more so, wouldn't want a beginner to get the mistaken notion that the "wolf" portions in TP are a common element in the series)

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I know I loved you for a reason.
    TMC <3

I came in here expecting to be chastised by you, but I'm pleasantly surprised to have found more of my kind.

ndo6qd.jpg

2D ZELDA PERFECTION OM NOM NOM

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I really liked that game (I have the shiny Triforce GBASP that came bundled with it), but I think the Oracles are the best idea of what a 2D Zelda should be. Giant maps, 8 dungeons, lots of imaginative items, a really long story, changes in the plot depending on the game you play first... some of the best ideas in the Zelda series.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I have played a few zelda games like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks and I really enjoyed them. Never really got into the Zelda franchise really though.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Speaking of handheld Zeldas... I think I don't have anything that can run old GBC games now. The only thing I can do now... is to hope that the Oracle games get released on 3DS VC. and pray that Minish Cap ends up on the Ambassador Program

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back