• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I agree with what Lightning said, retaking Calculus II right now after not taking any sort of calculus course for over 8 months, would be a difficult task.

As for stupid people... I haven't encountered any so far, but then I haven't taken any sort of introductory courses for Math and Science. Computer science is a different story, though.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Most of the obnoxiously dumb people I end up dealing with in my school have always been in the arts classes I take. If anything I often feel like I'm on the dumb side of the scale in a lot of my math/CS courses. @_@; Even then it's not so bad, though. I can only think of one person I've known in my whole university career who just made me want to leave the room whenever she opened her mouth to give an opinion or ask a question in class, haha.

Cherrim

Years
It gets a bit better after high school when people aren't absolutely required to be there. :( At least in classes that aren't supposed to be bird courses (easy credits), people take it seriously and are only there because they're interested and/or good at it.

But putting someone in a room and forcing them to learn something like what happens in high school is just recipe for disaster and misery. For everyone, really.

Years
Most of the obnoxiously dumb people I end up dealing with in my school have always been in the arts classes I take. If anything I often feel like I'm on the dumb side of the scale in a lot of my math/CS courses. @_@; Even then it's not so bad, though. I can only think of one person I've known in my whole university career who just made me want to leave the room whenever she opened her mouth to give an opinion or ask a question in class, haha.

Some of those girls are cute though :P Cute, but dumb-sounding. She might be a genius behind that valley girl voice :O

Cherrim

Years
I like how you just assume she had a valley girl voice and you're absolutely right. Seriously though, I guess she was kinda cute but she really did say "like" every other word and I don't think she said a single smart/insightful thing throughout the entire course... yet she raised her hand for EVERYTHING. It was almost infuriating.

Definitely not attractive on the whole. :'(

Cherrim

Years
I guess technically yeah she did get her participation points for trying, since it was a discussion class... but as someone who had to sit through the girl's rambling when trying to make a point of her own, I can't say I ever appreciated the effort. :P

Years
Maybe if she does it enough her special attack stat will increase (y) :D

I don't have any train tracks where I live. At least, not accessible on foot. So yup, never walked on them before. I expect it's a nice experience from the way you guys put it?

LOL SYN. LOL NINJA COUNTER-NINJA'D.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Biology was much easier than any of the sciences out there. I took AP Bio during my senior year in high school, and I also took Astronomy, Environmental Science (which was the worst science class I've taken tbh) and recently, Geology. I never liked all three. I was always fond of Bio.

Sirfetch’d

Biology was pretty easy, but I seemed to find A&P the easiest for some reason. It's a good thing though that i find it easy with me going into Radiology.

blue

gucci
Years
Biology & Chemistry weren't much of an interest to me, Physics however was right up my street. I didn't do all too well in Science during school but since leaving I've grown a stronger interest in Physics & Astronomy.

Years
Let's just say this is how long it takes for 1 physics problem, currently (Actually has 2 parts, but second part had much less "work" than the first). Not difficult per se, but what a drag.

Spoiler:

Oh, that's so cute ~

Think you're a big boy now eh? Pfft, you're nothing. Wait till you get to university and you have to do page + long proofs and questions that take pages to complete. Just you wait, you little whipper-snapper you.

Gabri

m8
Years
Ooh, electromagnetism. Cool stuff to study but hard to understand.
Failed it in the first year, passed on the second with a 12 (max is 20).

Also, I second what Drakow said.

Years
Wow, I love it when I wake up and I see the topic go unchanged in the DCC from before I went to bed xD

Maybe if I can find my Physics notebook from two years ago, I can see if I can remember any of what I took notes of.. after all, in the second semester of my Physics class, I got the highest exam grade of my class period, being a C without a curve, and an A with a curve.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Urgh, I dislike Physics. Too much math involved, and numbers make my head spin. Chemistry isn't my thing either because of the math. I'll take Biology anytime! The study of life interests me.

Years
Chemistry was okay for me, except for when it came to calculating mole problems.. those were what ruined the fun of chemistry for me.. -_- but at least I learned how to read the periodic table of elements properly :P

TY

I havent had any of those classes, but im happy i didnt have them cause i would suck badly at it xD

Years
Man, I hated physics. Even though I did the best in it out of all the sciences, I couldn't stand it. Not really a science person, apparently...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back