• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon VR: Game of Chance (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
goc.png

rating: T
region: Kanto
style: Journey
theme: Song
This is the OOC thread.
HERE is the IC thread.​

_ in the REAL WORLD

You love pokémon, like many others. You have played the games and are quite knowledgeable about pokémon species, moves and types. Maybe you're not a competitive expert, but at least you know enough to call yourself a pokémon fan... whether or not you admit it openly. A new pokémon game has been released, and it's a virtual reality game where you put on a helmet and it will seem as if you are inside the pokémon world. It's called Pokémon VR: Game of Chance.

One day, you get an email from the address "[email protected]", which tells you that you have been chosen to test out a new feature for Game of Chance. Suspicious or not, you are happy since you haven't gotten the chance to play this game yet. Maybe against your better reasoning, you download the game from the link along with new feature. The game says that you don't even need a helmet for this version, so you simply start the game.

It is as you have seen in trailers. First a movie and then a welcome screen. You choose to start a new game and realize that on top of name and gender, you can now wildly customize your 13 year old avatar's appearance. After that, you press START... and that is when you feel the very essence of your life being sucked out through your skin.

_ in the POKÉMON WORLD

After being struck by that horrible feeling, as if all of the bones in your body suddenly cracked but were then hastily put back together, you open your eyes and find that you are standing outdoors with a route lined with tall grass and trees in front of you and a small town behind you. You begin to remember that you probably have stepped into the game and taken on the shape of your avatar. Why was it that painful, though? And how is it possible when you don't even have a VR helmet on you? But in your hand lies a pokéball... and an envelope.

The letter in the envelope is from professor Oak. He tells you that you have your starter pokémon in your hand and that the pokédex, some more pokéballs and some other useful things should lie in the bag or backpack that you are also holding. Now it's time to get going on your journey to battle all the gyms, collect all the badges and become a pokémon master! It all seems amazing, just what the trailers promised. But what was this new feature? Well, it shouldn't take long before you realize that you can't seem to exit the game. You are stuck inside the Game of Chance, and the last line in the letter from professor Oak says:

"The only way to finish the game is to keep playing."

Will you keep playing and struggle to become a pokémon master in the game?
Will you try to find another way out from the game world?
Is all this as real as it seems?​
Now and then, you feel that someone is watching you...
How long will it take you to figure out that there are more human players like yourself here?

_ important MECHANICS

This is meant to be very free, a RP for you to play a classic pokémon game with more freedom and in a slightly different setting and story and to invent your own adventures out on the routes together with the other players. However, I totally have the plot planned until the very end of the RP already :D here and there there will be story intermezzos that might give you new reasons for going on this journey. And yes, there will be Team Rocket, but their motives and reputation won't be the exact same as in the old games.

Before we enter every new area, I will make a post stating some important things about that area as well as what pokémon can be captured. If you want to capture a pokémon, end your post before the pokéball touches the pokémon after you have thrown it or something. I'll decide on gender and nature of the new pokémon. When you have more than 6 pokémon, your 7th is "teleported" to the PC system.

Write longer or shorter posts, whatever suits you best as long as you don't break the 4 line rule. You will be playing in the same timeline and may interact at any time like in most roleplays. This does not force you to travel together with others, though. You may make posts covering a whole route if you feel like it, or split it up into shorter parts. Check out this thread if you're not sure what I mean. It's usually a good idea to coordinate any interaction through the OOC thread.

As your pokémon battle, they will grow stronger. This is signified by them "magically" learning new attacks once in a while - THERE WILL BE NO LEVELS. When you have battled in some way, I might give your pokémon new attacks. I will most often follow the descending leveling up order of attacks found here. TMs will be available now and then. The limit to the number of attacks they can know at the same time, is 6.

Evolution will be allowed when I tell you so, but most likely when your pokémon has learned an attack that is normally learned close to its evolving level. Items or trading won't be needed for evolutions where they are normally needed.

The world you travel in will look and feel real, with no strange polygons or glitches sticking out anywhere. Think of how the anime presents the world, rather than how the games do it; that goes for how people are living and acting as well. Of course... there might be some strange occurrences later on. Day and night exist like in real life, but you don't seem to need any sleep or food, even though you can sleep or eat if you want to. You also don't seem to get sick and your body is slightly more durable than usual - as expected from a video game character. However, you can get hurt and tired physically.

_ a few RULES
  • I am the GM and I appreciate if you do what I ask you to do :3

• Rating T means that you are allowed to do most things and interpret this journey in any way you want. However, I will not tolerate pokémon or humans dying, getting their bones crushed or bleeding too much. Treat battles much like in the anime, really.

• If you sign up, know that this is a long term project. Only sign up if you really believe that you would HAVE TIME and be able to STAY INTERESTED in a roleplay like this throughout the region. We want to reach the epic finale! Sign ups should be posted in the OOC thread.

• I don't take reservations based on who posted first, but you may post to say that you are interested and I will probably wait until most who expressed interest have posted SUs before I decide what players will be in :3

• You are allowed one differently colored pokémon on your journey, because your GM happens to love shiny pokémon :3 If you want your starter to be shiny colored, state so when you write what starter you want in your SU.

_ sign up SHEET

real world

Name| (you can be from any part of the world, but you must know English well)
Gender| (any)
Age| (any, but preferably pretty young)

Appearance| (picture is ok, but if I think it doesn't show enough, I might ask you do write something as well)

Personality| (you still have the same personality when you enter the pokémon world)

History| (doesn't have to be too detailed)

pokémon world

Alias| (what name you write in when you start up the game; what people will call you)
Gender| (doesn't have to be the same as your real life gender)
Age| 13 (the game is about young teenagers going on a journey, so all of your avatars will be 13 years old. If you are older in real life, you might of course ACT older!)

Appearance| (picture is ok, but if I think it doesn't show enough, I might ask you do write something as well)

Starter Pokémon| (what pokémon will be in the pokéball you're holding when the game starts? You can choose any basic pokémon really, I'll tell you if I think it's too powerful. OOC, you will choose your own starter when you sign up, but IC your character won't know what pokémon it is until they open the pokéball)

Pokédex Color| (any)

roleplay sample
(write up some paragraphs on the spot about anything, or show me something from another recent RP you've been in. Do your best! Put it in a spoiler, please.)

_ accepted PLAYERS

Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers ( Viking // Staryu )
Skymin ( Azure // Gastly )
King! ( Violet // Spoink )
Miss Doronjo ( Nabooru // Eevee )
Rokusasu ( Prince // Smoochum )
romdinner ( Chloe // Chinchou )
Raikiri ( Dash // Mudkip )​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
OKAY I AM TOTALLY RESERVING OR SOMETHING BECAUSE I LOVE YOU RED. I'll get started on my SU on the train tomorrow, alright? This'll be a place holder until then.

AND IM NOT DONE QUITE YET

bronwyn.png
real world

Name| Bronwyn Hopper
Gender| Female
Age| 17

Appearance| Physically, Bronwyn isn't attractive to the naked eye and probably doesn't help with the way she dresses. Her long, brown, curly hair almost always in a messy ponytail with a untrimmed fringe which is hastily flicked to the left. Her eyes are not special, being a dark brown and usually show disinterest to those who glance into them. She calls herself fat, but isn't really, only being so in the theighs and slightly in the stomach. She's also an average height of ~170cm, but often slouches thanks to her bad posture, knocking a few inches off her height. She's well endowed refuses to wear make up, making the excuse it will make her look 'fake' or 'like one of those stupid blonde girls.'

Her clothes are almost as unattractive as she makes herself out to be, usually wearing if not her school uniform, hoodies and jeans or plain, male t-shirts and jeans in the summer. She doesn't wear an excessive amount of jewellery, only a double set of studs in her ears, a simple silver necklace with a triforce and a pair of round glasses.

Personality| In the real world, sarcasm is Bronwyn's favourite form of humour as much as it ticks everyone off. She sounds rarely happy or pleased with anything, even if she is, she barely shows it. The only time she really gets excited is over something trivial, like a new game or a new episode of some anime that she watches. Her parents don't quite understand where her bitterness came from, though it's a little obvious to her that it came from them and her 'troubled' childhood. She's not interested in your real-world problems and couldn't care less if your boyfriend broke up with you because you look at your ex when you were out with your best friend and her boyfriend in the city. In fact, she hates it when you selfishly bother her with your sappy stories. She would use the term 'cool story bro' if it didn't sound so gross in real life.

Online and in text, Bronwyn is who she wants to be, which is almost bubbly. Almost. Despite her voice, she uses a lot of exclamation marks and sounds happy when her friend says that they got an A on a test or finished a hard level on a game. Not quite the opposite of her real world self (she still is pretty sarcastic) but a paradigm shift? That's for sure.

Real world Bronwyn also has a bad habit of biting her fingernails and has taught herself piano (well, keyboard) since she was twelve thanks to a crappy keyboard she found in her father's closet.

History| Bronwyn was the first and only child to Sam and Joseph Hopper and the only reason why the couple stayed together during her childhood. She was born and raised in Melbourne in Australia and at first, the Hoppers were blinded by their love for each other and the thought of raising children together was something magical. Then, as Bronwyn grew up, the bills piled up and their realisation that their dreams would never be reached, the relationship grew tedious. But, for Bronwyn's sake, they would stay together. They would stay together for the kid.

Bronwyn however, as much as the couple wanted to hide their arguments, was completely aware of it all. Though her secret was one no longer as when she turned ten, her parents decided that it was it and it was time to split. This started the endless tennis effect between her parents, back and forth between the cruddy house her mother lived in and the slightly better apartment her father called home. She used books, video games and the internet to escape her problems grew used to it all over time.

School-wise, she did well but Bronwyn didn't have many friends. She kept to her studies and spent Friday and Saturday nights on her computer, playing games and talking to people who she called friends but had the misfortunate of living on different ends of the world. Now in the last year of her school, she's earning her VHAs and she can't wait to get out of that god forsaken place she calls home, school and Australia.

An avid game player, Bronwyn was a little excited when she heard about Pokémon VR. The world of Virtual Reality, to be able so escape your own reality to another, excited her more than usual. Her usual sceptic self about weird looking emails disappeared when she saw the sending address ("How could anyone with a domain name of 'Kanto' be a Nigerian Prince trying to scam me?") and immediately downloaded it.

azure.png
pokémon world

Alias| Azure (she also goes by her screen name, AzureRockets)
Gender| Female
Age| 13

Appearance| Her avatar selves are always way more attractive than she is; Bronwyn's online self is skinny, adorable, has golden eyes and long, blue hair. Why? Because Bronwyn herself can't be. The truth is, Bronwyn has always wanted to be like those girls who say things about her behind her back; to be cute, to be different, to wear whatever she wanted. As much as people say "you're beautiful already!", Bronwyn knows that can't be like them. So, she makes avatars and dreams.

Despite her dislike of clothes that show any more skin than shins, she dressed her avatar in something that characters on Final Fantasy wear. A short, dark blue skirt (compensated by the black, mid-theigh tights underneath), dark boots with white laces, a light grey vest with only the bottom button done up over a purple bikini-like singlet type.

She sports a pair of silver goggles and has a few strands of hair in coils and a few tied up in blue, silver and gold thread. Her earings are almost the same, only that she also aquired an ear cuff on the left side and a silver stud on the top of her ear. Dark, fingerless gloves cover her left hand and she managed to get Sarah's and Snow's necklace from Final Fantasy XIII.
Starter Pokémon| Gastly
092.gif

Pokédex Color| Blue (Azure!)​

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
You would start this when I still have finals coming up xD.

Alas, I told you I was interested so I will give it a shot. Allow me to be reserved. I'll try to get this guy started up later today.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Ah, screw it. I can't resist this pull D: I guess I'm already pushing my limits but with Summer fast approaching I guess I can work around this, yeah?

So yup, reserve me, kthnxbai. d:

Years
Well, guess I can go a few sleepless nights for this....sign me up!!

I will just post my SU here. STILL WORKING.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

real world

Name| Ben
Gender| Male
Age| 15​

Appearance| (picture is ok, but if I think it doesn't show enough, I might ask you do write something as well)​

Personality| (you still have the same personality when you enter the pokémon world)​

History| (doesn't have to be too detailed)​

pokémon world

Alias| (what name you write in when you start up the game; what people will call you)
Gender| (doesn't have to be the same as your real life gender)
Age| 13​

Appearance| (picture is ok, but if I think it doesn't show enough, I might ask you do write something as well)​

Starter Pokémon| (what pokémon will be in the pokéball you're holding when the game starts? You can choose any basic pokémon really, I'll tell you if I think it's too powerful)​

Pokédex Color| (any)​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, Skymin~<3

Glad to see so many were interested :] I'll give you at least a week to get your SUs up, don't worry.

Also I forgot to add a Roleplay Sample part to the SU sheet but I thonk it's a good idea so I'm adding it in now. Remeber to edit your SUs with it!

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Name| Sebastien Lechoux
Gender| Male
Age| 17

Appearance| Sebastien's hair is dark, long, and falls into his face so often that his mother bought him some hair clips to keep it back, not that he actually uses them. His skin is pallid from a lack of sunlight - he has so many allergies that he much prefers it inside, rather than have his nose become a fountain of snot or his skin break out into hives. For the most part, his skin is clear. Like many teens he is prone to the odd occasional breakout, usually when he is stressed. His eyes are nothing special - perhaps a little bit too close together than what would be deemed attractive, but at least his nose and mouth are in the right places and in proportion to each other. His irises are a very dark brown, in some lights they seem to swallow his pupils entirely.

Most of the time he is sat in front of his computer or a mirror (this will be explored further on), but his fast metabolism and poor eating habits render him a bit of a twig; there are few muscles defining his arms and legs, and his mother often threatens to fatten him up. His face is also very thin, and his limbs seem a little too long for his body. Often Sebastien is dressed in dark clothes (to make him appear slimmer), and most of what he wears is designer.

The most striking part of Sebastien's appearance is the fact that he wears make-up. Eyeliner, mascara, foundation... He never goes without these, even though he rarely ventures beyond his room (he is not against nail polish either). He'll quite happily spend hours in front of his mirror, plucking his eyebrows, wearing face masks to make his skin soft and supple and experimenting with his latest online purchase (also designer).

Personality| Many associate Sebastien's personality with three S's: Superficial, Selfish and Self-absorbed. He is extremely vain, spending hours on his appearance, and dislikes interacting with people who he deems unworthy of his time (for example, his mother and step-father and everyone in his class). He will go out of his way to avoid these people, and because of this spends a lot of time alone in his room. Even on the internet he is judgemental and condescending to those he comes across, and will delete any negative comments he receives on his blog (and even go as far as to block users from posting anything). With this said, he clamours for attention, and goes out of his way to ensure that people are looking at him.

He is intelligent and understands that he cannot be the best at everything, but doesn't let this stop him from acting holier-than-thou to everyone around him. Sebastien's tongue can be acidic at times, and no, he doesn't care if he makes you cry. He loves anything that is just as beautiful as he is (which are rare to none), and is completely unable to handle a relationship of any sort in his current state. The young Frenchman abhors dirt and imperfections of any kind, another reason for his rarely venturing outside.

Deep within the (very thick) layers of his persona lies an extremely lonely, insecure boy who feels that the only way he can be successful is to be horrible to everyone. Then again, this may be because he is slightly sadistic and enjoys a bit of drama - especially if he was the one to instigate it.

History| Sebastien was born in Paris, France, to a family whose company became more prolific as he grew up. His father would often have to go away on business trips, leaving his mother to take care of things at home. As an only child (who wasn't planned), Sebastien was often left alone to play, and he found it hard to make friends at school. His parents divorced when he was ten, his mother's affair having been the main catalyst. He now lives in the suburbs of Nice, and is currently studying for his baccalauréate (his strand mostly concentrating on science but also including English, which he has been taught since first starting school).

pokémon world

Alias| Prince
Gender| Male
Age| 13

Appearance| Slightly shorter than his real-life counterpart, "Prince" is a well-dressed young man in a snappy black suit and dress shoes, whose hair is coiffed to perfection. It is kept shorter than in the real life, and there is never a hair out of place. Sadly for Prince, there is no one to carry his backpack for him, which takes the form of a black suitcase. Dark red, sleek, leather gloves adorn his hands, and he sports a pair of shades which can be tucked into the breast pocket of his jacket. The under shirt of his suit is crisp and black, the collar of which can be seen.

It must also be mentioned that he carries around a make-up kit and hand sanitiser in his bag - one must be prepared for a journey, after all. He also carries a parasol of sorts; he has no allergies in this form, but is still adverse to sunlight. Prince, like Sebastien, is very pale, and game mechanics allow his eyes to be purple rather than brown (which is a horrible, muddy colour).

Starter Pokémon| Smoochum

Pokédex Color| Dark purple

roleplay sample
Note: I haven't RPed recently and can't find any of my old RPs on my laptop, therefore I'm giving you a snippet of a piece I worked on a while ago. Though it's in the first person, I RP in the third.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Quick question. When our character was in the "real world" creating their avatar etc. did they also pick their starter pokemon, or will whats inside the pokeball be a suprise to them?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Note: you can have any unnatural eye or hair color you want.

About the starters... When you were transferred into the pokemon world, the starter was chosen to suit your personality, even if it won't seem like it at first. It might seem to make perfect sense or it might seem like a complete mismatch; part of the challenge is to find out how you fit together.

Meaning: it's a surprise.

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
I am definitely going to post an SU for this. Will probably have it for your late tonight or tomorrow. c:

EDIT:

Georgia.png

__ REAL world

Name >> Georgina Woodhouse

Gender >> Female

Age >> 15, Fifteen

Appearance >> In the middle of her teenage years, Georgina has, to her misfortune, slowed down considerably in her growth rate. Standing at the meager height of 5'0" and weighing in at 108, she is a small girl (to say the least.) Close family members and friends have taken the habit of calling her "Midget" or "Little Georgina." This is partially due to the fact that she has to look up to most people when talking... and they have to look down. The neighbors believe the girl to be rather malnourished, but due to her high metabolism she cannot gain much weight. Another suspicion others have is her lack meat in her diet, as she had proclaimed herself a vegetarian at the age thirteen. Whether from these reasons, bad genes, or something not too far off, no one really knows. It doesn't really matter, you see, because Little Georgina is more or less content with herself, and has long given up wishing on a falling star that she will be taller than her parents.

In an attempt to accommodate for her small figure, she was cursed blessed with bushy, curly red hair. Her mother had brown hair and her father had auburn. How the girl ended up with fiery red is beyond anyone's comprehension. In the morning her head is lost in a frizzy mess, but with lots of product and care she can tame the wild mane into silky curls that fall just past her shoulders. On days she just gives up you can find it tied up in a messy bun with a white ribbon. She can't use elastic hair ties with her thick hair, they break before she can wrap them around a third time. To keep stray strands from obscuring her vision she uses silver hair pins that normally have small designs on them. She also has a baby doll face with round cheeks, freckles, amber eyes, and creamy white skin.

Her attire -- and most of her closet -- consists of autumn colors. Browns, yellows, reds, and a few patches of green here and there. She abhors the color pink. Even suggesting that she put on the slightest tint of pink will earn you her disfavor. Any other color though and you're good. On normal occasions she wears long camouflage green pants, white long sleeved shirt, tan and brown sweater vest (knitted by her grandmother), a charm bracelet full of different types of leaf pendants, and over-sized garden boots. Though it all fits together nicely, her mother quite disapproves. She says that what Georgina wears is "no such dress for a lady!" If her mother had her way, and sometimes she did, Georgina would be wearing sundresses and skirts. The girl much prefers pants or shorts. Anything else feels rather uncomfortable.

Personality >> When she was born not a sound came out of her mouth. At first, everyone told Mr. and Mrs. Woodhouse that it was a "phase" the child would outgrow. They were absolutely confident their baby girl would soon be waking them up soon with her crying in the middle of the night. However, as a couple months came to pass, still no noise was heard. Her parents took her to a physician to see if there was a problem. Georgina was born mute. She can talk or sing, or laugh, or yell. She grew up learning how to live in a world full of sound without being able to respond or imitate any of it. She was taught Sign Language when she was old enough to understand and has been using that form of communication ever since. Despite this unfortunate occurrence in her life, Georgina chose to look on the bright side of things. She is quite the optimistic one. Even in times of doubt there is a smile upon her face and a solution in her mind.

Georgina is an artist. As she grew older she leaned towards this hobby the most, as it was one of the few ways she could truly express her feelings without a voice. She would sketch and paint many different things, and her proudest pictures were always hung up on her walls or across the house. She is extremely creative and has an eye for detail. The girl can spot out many different things others might look over or pass by. She is also very curious. If she sees something that intrigues her she will try her hardest to go and check it out. This also includes people, and she has a habit of dwelling into others personal lives. Though she seeks the knowledge, she won't let others know of the secretive discoveries. Gossip, rumors, and the like are well kept with this young lady.

She is a smart girl with wit to spare. She can go head on into challenges -- without any knowledge of it -- and seven out of ten times complete it or get far enough. She can memorize many things she sees, hears, or reads and uses anything she can to her advantage. Out of the box solutions are a normal thing for this fifteen year old. Strategy is her skill, but often she will forget the gut feeling. She will follow her head more often that her heart (or gut.)

In the social category, you couldn't quite define her as shy or a social butterfly. She is more in between. Georgina will keep to herself unless spoken to. It is rare that she will approach someone without first a little insight on their personality and behaviors. She likes to think that there is good in everyone.... but she knows that that isn't the truth, and is cautious of this. One can mention her art, or any subject including art, and she will definitely try to but in. Since not a lot of people know Sign Language she uses her sketch book to write down what she wants to say. She most often makes friends with the underdog of a group. Georgina is appalled by bullies and mean girls. She has a very strong sense of justice and will go out of her way to make sure good prevails over evil.

One thing most don't know about Georgina is that she is a Video Game fanatic. She has played everything from World of Warcraft to Zelda. She knows a lot about the inner workings of consoles and gaming platforms. Most would see her as a "fangirl" but in truth she considers herself more of a nerd/geek when it comes down to it. She knows everything and anything in a Video Game she has played, and can recite certain cut scenes or dialog. A dream of hers, should she not make it in the artistic world, is to become and Video Game designer -- as she has plenty of ideas for them.

History >> Georgina was born and raised on an 116 acre farm in North Yorkshire, England. She was the first and only child of Jonathan and Charlotte Woodhouse. The farmland was owned by her Grandparents but run and maintained by her parents and her. Most, thinking of a farm, thought it to be a not-so-luxurious life. However, their family was indeed wealthy and they used their assets to hire work for the farm, so in reality the Woodhouse family didn't do much of the true farming. Georgina grew up rather privileged and was expected to act like a Lady. She was forbidden to go near any of the farm animals other than the horses (but she never obeyed that rule.) Being the only child, her mother was extremely overprotective. Not to mention she tried to spoil her daughter every chance she got. Georgina often grew annoyed by her mother because Charlotte saw her daughter's muteness as a weakness, and sought often to shelter her daughter from the "cruel world" out there. Due to this, Georgina often rejected the help of her mother and sought to be independent in any way she could.

Her father was hardly home, but he loved her dearly, and when he did hang out with her they always had the funnest times. She has many fond memories of them together, and most of them are covered in mud. Her mother would always get so angry with them for getting dirty. She had a strained relationship with her mother, and it got worse when she was enrolled in High School. Charlotte wanted a tutor for her, but Georgina fought and fought to be able to go. She didn't have a terrible experience in school. In fact, it was quite pleasant. She had a close group of friends who shared the same interests.

Her life, as she saw it, was nice -- but a little boring at times. She often wanted to be transported into the world of the Games she played or Books she read. Her parents noticed a favorite of hers as she grew up: Pokémon. The girl would pretend to be a trainer and use one of their horses to play her "Rapidash." In these play-pretend games she would always come out triumphant in battles and defeat the enemy that was Team Rocket. She was excited, to say the least, when she was presented the chance to test the newest Pokémon game Pokémon VR: Game of Chance. Without the consent from her parents she eagerly jumped on the opportunity.

Tear.png

__ POKÈMON world

Alias >> Melody (username/screen named VoiceofMelody)

Gender >> Female

Age >> 13, Thirteen

Appearance >> When Georgina made her avatar, she wanted her to be beautiful and perfect. She took longer than most would to create it, because she was trying to make a spitting image of what her mother always wanted.... and lovely young daughter, who could speak. So with extra care she created the persona of "Melody", a thirteen year old girl who is 5'5" with a healthily thin athletic body. The avatar had long, knee length snow-white hair, dark blue eyes, and pale white skin. There was not a sign of cosmetics besides a slight hint of mascara, to darken the long lashes.

To get further away from any connection between Georgina and Melody, instead of autumn she dressed the avatar in colors of Winter. Melody wore a long steel gray coat (that fit close to her figure) that had a rather large collar on it, with white stripes going down the front and back of it, and it hung just after the knee. It was adorned with gold borders around the edges. The coat was cut off on at the shoulders, but she wore arm covers that matched perfectly, and white gloves. On her legs were silver stockings that went all the way up to her thighs and high heeled white boots. Underneath she wore a gray knitted sleeveless turtleneck shirt, with gray cargo shorts to match. All of that -- besides the neck of the shirt -- was hidden completely beneath the coat. To carry supplies and other objects, she had a blue messenger bag.

While making the avatar, Georgina mused that Melody was the "Goddess of Frost" because of the regal appearance the avatar had. She liked the idea of having some sort of majestic name, but her mind was stuck on Melody and after minutes of silent debate it won over. This avatar wasn't created to be a different version of Georgina, it was created to be completely different person that she could "be" instead. She wanted no part of herself found on the outside appearances.

Starter Pokémon >> Pikachu
025.gif

Pokédex Color >> Midnight Blue and White, #191970 #FFFFFF

roleplay sample
(Note: This is from March 14th, 2011. I do not have any that is of this year recent, so this is an outdated sample -- for that I must apologize. .)

Sample from Path to Light and Darkness GM'd by §acred†Beo!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Philia-BigBang.png

_real world
Name| Dahlia Roca
Gender| Female
Age| 17

Appearance|
Dahlia is a 17 year old who is about 5'7, weighing about 145 pounds. 'I guess someone should lay off the cake, huh?' she say, joking about her weight. As for her skin tone, it's a slightly beige skin color. Fortunately for her, it wasn't the time for her to get any blemishes yet, but soon, she will dread the day. As for her feet that has 5 toes on each foot, and her hands that have 5 fingers with each hand, they weren't very wide or long; they were in fact, pretty small compared to her mother's and fathers. Also, while Dahlia's natural hair color is black, Dahlia really loves to dye her hair now and then. Most of the time, her hair is green because it's simply her favorite color. That, and so she can go cos-play someone whenever she wanted. In any case, she would also twist and braid her hair into a sort of goldy-lock style. Her hair is still pretty long though - it reaches towards her mid bust. Speaking of her bust size, she's flat chested. But hey. She would say, 'No one cares about that. Right...? R-right?!'

When she is not cos-playing, she would wear a casual outfit. Dahlia usually likes to wear a white dress shirt which is more or less ironed and washed every day. This white dress shirt has black buttons with a stable collar. It's not too long as well; it reaches to the end of Dahlia's mid-section. With this dress shirt, she would wear a short silk black tie that's pretty much the same color as her buttons. She likes this dress shirt / tie combo as a means to give people a good impression of her - that she's very formal, friendly, and reliable to talk with. As for her bottom attire, she wears a long light-green skirt that drops down to her ankle. Sometimes, she does wear shorter skirts, but, her green dress is more or less her favourite, simply because it's the color green. She also wears white dress shoes with a golden buckle on them, with thin white socks that goes along this.

As for her accessories, she wears two large, red hair sphere-like braid-supports on her hair, to obviously support her braided hair. She also wears a silver bracelet from a local convenience store, not very much as a fashion accessory, but, with she knew that the silver bracelet will un-attract a warewolf, should one come by someday. Finally, Dahlia wears glasses that she wears everyday, and every night before she goes to bed, since she does not wear contact lenses yet. Dahlia always hated glasses, however, she had no choice - she was as blind as a zubat when she does not wear them both at day, and night.

Personality| A kind, ditzy, and headstrong individualist by nurture, if perhaps not by nature, Dahlia is usually very opinionated and certainly isn't shy about making those opinions known.

Her manner of speaking and vocabulary is unrefined to say the least, originally trained to throw telemarketers looking for a well-educated little rich girl off her trail but now as natural to her as breathing. Dahlia usually just slurs random words together, hoping to make a complete sentence that would make sense. For example, 'What in the name of Sanatarian Bobcats!" would be her trademark phrase whenever she is surprised about something. She also has really big problems with rhetorical phrases, such as 'toad in the hole', and 'make like a tree and leave'. She would often put them in a more literal light - one night she would stick her tongue out openly, even to her parents, because she wanted to prove that a cat has not indeed caught her tongue. More or less, it's unpredictable on what she would say next - she would say just about anything that speaks her mind whenever she wishes and in whatever way she wishes, which typically includes a good bit between joking around, and comical literalness. This, combined with her quirky and eccentric nature, makes Dahlia a rather interesting person to befriend.

She likes to open up to people and it usually takes a short while for her to really consider anyone a friend. Get on her bad side, though, and you had better make amends fast before she takes them out of your hide. For instance, any smart remarks about Dahlia's bust size might earn a person a bone crusher submission move on - a wrestling submission move that Dahlia uses to perform on people, comically it may be, it's said to be so painful that people would apologize in 5 seconds when the move is being used on them. The best way to get on Dahlia's good side though, is perhaps bring up a discussion about manga, anime, and even Otaku. Dahlia loves the japenese anime - she would even dress as her favourite characters, as a means to cos-play as them. Even in video gaming, she would dress as the characters she would play the most - most specifically, some characters in the pokemon video games.

She's quite the eccentric when it comes to the occult. That's right - she believes in werewolves, vampires, evil mummies, and so on. Of course, while the average person would argue that none of those creatures exist, Dahlia would always be the one trying to prove and say that they do indeed exist - whether it be trying to book a flight to Transylvania to leaving cookies out for a wolf in a forest during a full moon. However, that doesn't mean she likes ghosts. In fact, she does not like ghosts at all - so much she refuses to believe ghosts exist. More to her eccentricity, she loves fairy tale endings. For instance, she likes to imagine a handsome, brave knight coming to rescue her someday if she's ever in danger, or put to work. She also imagines other possible fairy tale endings in the real world, like someday, she'll kiss a frog prince to be his bride, or maybe she'll slay a dragon. Of course, being in the real world, she knows that it'll obviously never happen, but a girl could dream. Don't get her started on story telling - she LOVES to tell quirky fairy tale stories - just a means to create a random moment to cheer everyone up, or sometimes, presenting a fact when she is having a conversation with someone.

Speaking of brides, she has an undying urge to find a date, to become a future bride and get married, but has yet to successfully maintain a long-term relationship with someone. She always devotes herself to every man she dates but they always seem to end up breaking up with her. Some say she's too weird, some say she's too serious. More so, the reason of this is because that Dahlia put so much devotion into the relationship that the men become so overwhelmed with pressure that they feel the obligation to run away from her. However, Dahlia denies this, and finds it hard to believe that she is the source of the problem. She has once even become so desperate for love that she almost decided to marry a bathroom tub, seeing it as something that is accepting of anything and everything.

She also loves machinery - which includes going on the computer, watching T.V, and playing video games, even looking at really advanced machinery she barely sees before. However, while she admires looking and part-taking with them, she is often an airhead on advanced schematics. One of her favorite past time is to pull apart and dismantle old cellphones, seeing all of the circuit try before trying to put it back together - which she fails to do 100% of the time. In fact, most machines in her home are broken and replaced / fixed, because Dahlia takes them apart but fails to fix them.

Likes | Dislikes in a nutshell:
+ Pokémon
+ Unconditional kindness
+ Honesty
+ Manga
+ Technology
+ Story Telling
+ Video Games
+ Anything Sweet to Eat
+ Cos-Play
+ Donuts
+ The Occult
+ Iced Coffee
+ Joking Around with others
+ Self-relevancy
+ Being around friends
+ Dying her hair
+ Cake
+ Fantasy
+ The color Green
+ Love
+ Friendly Sarcasm
+ Cats

- Work
- Suck-ups
- Conceded people
- Bossy people
- Arrogant people
- Loud-mouthed braggarts
- Ghosts (MUST DIE...but they are sort of dead already)
- Teddy bears
- Clowns
- Dancing
- Break-ups
- Closed-mindedness

History| Dahlia was born in London, England, being the only daughter to her mother, an accountant, and father, vice-president of a small company. So, that meant that Dahlia was almost always the center of attention to his parents, even when it came to spoiling her. However, as Dahlia grew older, it also only meant more work for her to do. It included chores around the house, even part-time jobs to earn extra cash - which included baby-sitting and house-cleaning. However, that work resulted in Dahlia often arguing with her parents, since she does not like being put to work all that much. However, while Dahlia's relationship with her hard-working parents was not the nicest, Dahlia always had her ways to cope by and by with her life. For one thing, she read fairy tales day and night when she was younger, alongside playing pokemon since she loved the pokemon - it reminded her of those warewolves that she read in a fairy tail one time.

Dahlia became enrolled in high-school when she was 13, having a small group of friends. With her friends, she begun to have a great interest in all things anime, and manga related, which was often the topic of discussion between herself, and her friends. Soon, she even brought cos-play outfits to her school; even when it's not Halloween, or any other event. People thought it was weird at first, however, they soon accepted that... eh. It was just her. She even soon dyed her hair every week - green being her favourite, since it was of course, her favourite color.

Dahlia a few years later had a date that she had a crush on for years, however, her heart was soon broken as she was soon dumped by her ex-boyfriend for 'a prettier girl that doesn't freak me out'. Dahlia was devastated for weeks, which she was left at a point on where she didn't want to talk with anyone, or do anything. Soon she found herself with many more relationships... only to turn up in disappointment. She soon realized she wanted to escape reality - to a place where everything was happily ever after...like a fairy tale. That was when one day while checking her e-mail, she noticed an e-mail from the address '[email protected]', offering her a chance to beta-test a new pokemon game. She love pokemon - which gave her a chance to put her mind at ease from the break up, and perhaps put reality behind for a while.

Nanaly-WildGeese.png

_pokemon world
Alias| Nabooru (Her username being Magical Mermaid Nabooru)
Gender| Female
Age| 13

Appearance| In the pokemon world, Dahlia's avatar, or in this case - Nabooru, is a 13 year old who is about 5'4, weighing about 106 pounds. Dahlia usually creates characters based on anime-like video games; in this case, Dahlia wanted to make her avatar resemble Nanaly, since she was her favourite video game character. Also, this character was going to represent Dahlia's strong will, with passion that helps her spark through out her obstacles in this game. It was a strange feeling - while Dahlia created this character, she felt more...confident.

While Dahlia wasn't really the type to wear cosmetics, her avatar wears ruby red lipstick gleamed on her lips. In fact, the lipstick was the only thing that matched up her fiery red and frizzy hair. Dahlia made her avatar's hair red, because red is a corresponding color with green, her favourite color. The hair is naturally frizzy, so there wasn't really a need to comb or brush it as much as the average person. Her hair is pretty long, and like Dahlias, even as pigtails, which they reach towards her hips. Her eyebrows are about the same color, which weren't very bushy or slim; they were about average in length and width. Her skin color is slightly tanned, being a lighter beige color then a person who is Hispanic. If one were to gaze on her eyes, they'll see that they are a light blue color. She normally doesn't wear fake eye lashes, but, her natural eyelashes in this world are pretty long anyway. Her nose is a precious little thing - it's long, but not very wide.

Again, Dahlia wanted to base her avatar's outfit from Nanaly, however, at the same time, she wanted her avatar's outfit to resemble her casual attire, so it'll feel like she was -more- in the actual game herself. Except this time, she didn't have to have to wear glasses for her avatar in this game (score!). So, her avatar wears a black neck brace, which Dahlia wanted to protect her avatar from say, random bites on the neck. She also wears a brown chest plate along with brown shoulder guards that are the same color, so that she won't feel as subconscious about her avatar's chest size - not that she would shyly care about hers! For her hands, she wears long yellow gloves that extends past her shoulders. For her bottom attire, she wears a yellow open dress that's the same color as her gloves, in which this dress would extend to her ankles. She chose this dress because, well, it's simply like Dahlia's favorite green one. Beneath her dress, she wears black shorts, which were just regular black shorts - since these shorts would always show whenever she wears the dress. This dress is also customized with a red belt with a blue buckle, that supports it all together. Finally for her foot wear, she wears long white boots that extend to her knee caps. The white boots resembled Dahlia's white dress shoes - both the same color, and both with the same lining.

Starter Pokémon| Eevee
133.gif

Personality traits that Eevee and Dahlia / Nabooru share:
+ Ditzyness
+ Open-mindded ness
+ Kindess
+ Small Temper Quirks
+ Pretty much everything else save occult beliefs

Pokédex Color| Red

roleplay sample
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
... Wait, so do we choose our starters ourselves or are they chosen for us? I assumed the former by the way it was worded in the sign-up sheet.

You can choose for yourself OOC but your character won't know until they open the pokéball IC. I added that to the SU sheet, sorry for the confusion :3

Omg so many people wanting to sign up! It'll be hard to choose, but I do want the players that are the most determined to play and have fun AND to finish this RP before several years has passed by...

I won't ask for you guys to post several times a day; I know I won't have time to do that xD Probably not even every day. But there shall be no such thing as one or two posts a month - if you feel like it could come down to that, regarding your posting pace, then maybe think twice about joining :3 I sound like I'm chasing people away, I don't mean to hmm

Having an interesting character will up your chances, obviously. Create your SU carefully :3

King!

better
Years
YES YES YES YES OMIGOD YES THIS LOOKS PERFECT <3

you dun good ;3

I'll get to work as soon as possible...hmm...ideas...ideas....

Back