• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Path to Light and Darkness

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Path to Light and Darkness (Rated PG 16)

Update: Currently all spots are taking!

Plot
    "More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction. Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly" Woody Allen.

Once every year new trainers set out for what is supposed to be a fun time filled with adventure, excitement, and joy. It is that time that a trainer makes there very first decision, the decision of what pokemon to start with. Is it fate that makes the decision for us? Or is it free will? No one really knows, all we do know is that after that day is that a journey is laid out for the young trainer. The trainer normally travels throughout the region training a team of pokemon and obtaining badges to compete in the pokemon league. From the very start of your journey however something feels different this time, darkness seems to be almost looming over the region of Unova, it may not be visible at first but its there and you can sense it. You can sense the destruction and chaos all around it. Regardless you decide to set out for Professor Juniper's lab in Nuvema Town the next morning and begin your so called "normal" Pokemon journey.

Throughout this RP you as the trainer are going to be forced to make many critical decisions that will not only affect your path and destiny, but that will ultimately decide the fate of the Unova Region and every living human and pokemon within it.

Story:

Professor Juniper sits at a desk in her lab; all the lights are off but her desk light. Quietly she opens her desk drawer and pulls out an old photograph. In front of her are six pokeballs, and six pokedexs.

"Well tomorrow's the big day… again" she says rubbing her hand across the picture, as suddenly she hears a strange breeze on the back of her neck and drops the picture causing the glass to shatter. As she reaches down to pick up the broken frame she cuts her finger on the glass. "Oh my, I better go clean this out" She says standing up from her desk.

"hahahaha" a strange laugh rings through the lab as a shadowy figure knocks professor Juniper to the ground knocking her out cold. A few minutes later her eyes burst open revealing a sea of black in them, and a crocked smile forms across her face.

Name: first (optional middle) last

Age: (preferably over 13, but if you have a good reason they can be 10)

Appearance: (details! at least a good paragraph)

Personality: (make layers)

Background:

Additional Information:

Starter Pokemon from list above)

RP Sample: (yes you have to do this)

Also this Rp is going to be in chapter form, within each chapter there will be a certain number of posts you have to do, and what objectives are required of you to do in each chapter.

Rules
    1. Be active.
    2. Don't godmod.
    3. Only post OOC things on the OOC thread (unless separated like this and marked OOC).
    4. Follow basic role-playing rules.
    5. Use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation as best you can.
    6. Don't bunny without permission.
    7. If you aren't active for a long period of time without excuse, you will either be bunnied or kicked out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Approved, but make sure to add a rating as soon as you see this.

EDIT: Neat ;)

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Chapter 1
    Introductions Anyone?
    Post 1
    It's the morning of the day you begin your journey, you may be feeling anxious, nervous, excited, or any other kind of emotion. Another feeling has also set in, and that is a feeling of uneasiness. Something feels off, regardless you say goodbye to your family and head for Professor Junipers lab in Nuvema town. As you enter the lab you find several other trainers standing around waiting for the Professor. After a few minutes a door opens up and Professor Juniper walks in carrying a tray of pokeballs and pokedexs. The first thing you notice though is a bandage on her hand with what seems to be fresh blood. But before you have much time to ponder over what happened she begins to talk.

"Welcome trainers. Today is a very important day for you" She says as a sort of evil grin appears on her face. "I will now give you your very first pokemon, remember that a starter pokemon is the one you will usually have the best bond with, so take good care of it" she says as she begins walking up and down the line and handing each of you a pokeball and a pokedex.

As soon she finishes giving each of you your pokemon the lights being to dim, and a cold breeze goes across you the back of your neck. Before you can do anything Professor Juniper begins to laugh hysterically and as you look into her eye's all you see is darkness.

"It's time for your first test of many children" she eerily says as she waves her hand forward and suddenly six of her lab assistant's barge into the room.

What to do in post 1:

• Describe your feelings about beginning your journey
    • Say your goodbyes and head to Nuvema Town
    • Describe receiving your first pokemon and what is going through your head as things get strange, and what exactly your going to do next

Post 2
    Each of the lab assistants walks up to one of you, and it seems that there all being controlled by Professor Juniper herself.

"For your first test lets see how you and your new pokemon work together" she says laughing as the lab assistants each pull out a pokeball and toss it to the ground releasing a flash of light, and then a Yamask appears and immediately charges toward you. Looks like it's time for your first pokemon battle.

Lab assitants Pokemon:
    562.png

Yamask Lvl 5
    Moves: Astonish, disable, protect

After defeating the Yamask all of the Lab assistants vanish into shadows. And Professor Juniper lay lifeless on the ground. Several thoughts most likely begin to swirl through your head, the most important one being what in the world just happened.

What to do in Post 2:

• Battle the Yamask
    • Talk about the thoughts currently swirling through your head

Up next route 1…..

ultragon

Bone breaker since Gen I
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Post 1:
    Kyle woke up in the morning and got ready. He was up quite earlier as per his usual sleeping in until three in the anfternoon

"I'm leaving today."
    "Have fun." They said blandly​

Kyle knew they didn't care why bother, but he did go see Drayden before he left.​

"Goodmorning sir."
    "Hello my boy leaving today?"
    "Yes sir."
    "Well remember just have fun and enjoy yuor journey."
    "I will sir thnak you. I hope to battle you one day."​

Drayden chuckeled joyfully​

"Haha don't worry my boy you will one day."​

Saying their final goodbyes Kyle left and headed for the lab. Upon entering the lab Kyle felt very uneasy as if an odd life force was near by. Suddenly as if out of nowhere Professor Juniper appeared.​

"Hello please pick a pokeball."
    "Ok."​

Kyle was feeling uneasy but still he reached for a pokeball. As if led by someone to do it he grabbed one and let out a Sandile.​

"Sand?"
    "Hello I'm Kyle your trainer."
    "Sandile!"​

Sandile seemed quite excited as was Kyle, but both started to feel uneasy. Things got weirder by the minute Kyle felt as if he should take control but he was sure he would be defeated so he let things play out. Then Professor Juniper started talking about a test. What is she talking about Kyle wondered, and why was he getting the feeling that whoever the Professor was wanted something to do with him.​

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Ultragon: Kyle recieved a level 5 male Sandile! Kyle received a pokedex! Not a bad first post, especially since there wasn't much to do in it. However as we continue through the RP the story is going to get much more in depth, so I would like the same from your posts.. Any way not bad continue to post 2!

(Also a note for everyone I will be posting your character profiles to the first post of the OOC thread, and as you catch pokemon they will be added to it)

Cookiez

The Shining Light
    Years
  • Post 1

Dad always said, "Live every day like it's your last." Words I'll never forget... Now i'm starting my new journey in Unova...And that's exactly what I plan to do. Is what Zach thought as he was on the boat to Nuvema town.​

"G-goodbye honey." Zach's Mom said as she was trying to hold back tears. "It's not THAT bad mom! I'll only be gone a few months! And you can call me on the Xtranseiver!" Zach comforted "Oh cut that out!" Zach's younger sister Sarah said. "Hey Zach, when you leave can I have your room?" She asked. "No. Flat-Out no." Zach said sternly. "Aww!" Sarah whined. "Oh be quiet you two!" Their Mom said as Zach started out the door, "Wait Zach!" "Yes?" he asked "Tell professer Juniper I said hi!" His mom called out. "Okay, I will." Zach said as he lest closing the door behind him.​

Zach entered the pokemon lab to see professer Juniper carrying a tray with 6 pokedex's and 6 pokeballs. As he looked around he saw some more people standing in the lab too.
    "Welcome trainers. Today is a very important day for you" She says as a sort of evil grin appears on her face. "I will now give you your very first pokemon, remember that a starter pokemon is the one you will usually have the best bond with, so take good care of it" she says as she begins walking up and down the line and handing each of the people a pokeball as well as Zach. Zach pushed the button on the pokeball and a red ray of light bursts out a there, sitting on the floor is an Emolga. "I think I'll name you Shock. What do ya think?" Zach told the Emolga. The pokemon cried out with happiness, jumped high in the air, and landed gently on Zach's shoulder.
    As soon she finishes giving each of you your pokemon the lights being to dim, and a cold breeze goes across you the back of your neck. Before you can do anything Professor Juniper begins to laugh hysterically and as you look into her eye's all you see is darkness.​

"It's time for your first test of many children" she eerily says as she waves her hand forward and suddenly six of her lab assistant's barge into the room. What the heck is going on here?" Zach said as a lab assistant barged at him and sending out a Yanmask. "Looks like it's time for our first battle, Shock!" He told the Emolga. The pokemon nodded and jumped off Zach's shoulder and on to the ground waiting for some action.​

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Cookiez: Zach received a level five male Emolga! Zach received a pokedex! Good first post, basically the same things I told Ultragon about more in depth as we continue. Also try to avoid copying and pasting stuff straight from the chapter post for example: As soon she finishes giving each of you your pokemon the lights being to dim, and a cold breeze goes across you the back of your neck. Before you can do anything Professor Juniper begins to laugh hysterically and as you look into her eye's all you see is darkness. Instead put it into your own words from your characters eyes.. Anyway good post continue to post 2 :D

Cookiez

The Shining Light
    Years
  • "Let's get this finished quickly shall we?" The Lab Assistant asked in a mocking tone "Yeah, sure. But the only one getting taken down quickly is you! Shock, Thundershock!"Zach Ordered. As a thin beam of electricity shot out of the little pokemon, the LA (Lab Assistant) said "Yeah right! Yanmask, Protect!" And so the small gost-type pokemon made a sheild to protect itself, that in turn, absorbed the attack that was ment for the pokemon. "Are you kidding me?" Zach said "Fine let's try this again... Shock, Thundershock!" He commanded. "Not so fast... Yanmask, use protect again will you?" The LA said. The pokemon tried and tried but coulden't summon the sheild. "Looks like show's over for you!" Zach said as his Emolga shot the beam a second time, this time making contact, but not injuring the pokemon enough so it fainted. "Yanmask, Astonish!" The LA called out. The Yanmask atacked, leaving Zach's Emolga to flinch. The pokemon coulden't move... "Yanmask,finish it off." the LA said. " As the pokemon was about to stirike Zach threw himself in front of the little Emolga so it woulden't get hurt... But Zach acted on instinct and wasen't prepared to take the hit,Zach blacked out with his last sight being Shock standing up and charged at the Yanmask.

(OOC: After Zach blacked out Shock did beat the Yanmask.)

ultragon

Bone breaker since Gen I
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Post 2:
    Kyle waited paintently for this "test" the professor was talking about. During this time he was wondering if this was really Professor Juniper, but he had no way of knowing for sure since he never met her before. Then a lab assisstant came up and let a Yamask out and Kyle knew this must be the test.
    Battle:
    "Come on out Shades!"
    "Sand. Sandile!"
    "Shades use rage!"
    "San!"

The rage attack seemed to have no effect on Yamask.

Yamask is a ghost type. Normal moves won't effect him.

Kyle was hearing the strange voices again but this one seemed friendly.

"Yamask. Astonish."
    "Yama."

Kyle noticed the attack did little damage to Shades.

"Shades bite!"
    "Sandile!"
    "Yamask protect."
    "Yamask."
    "Come on Shades one more bite!"
    "Sand!"

The Yamask fainted from the bite attack, and the assisstant seemed to have become part of the shadows as he left.
    Post-Battle:
    Kyle rested for a minute, and then began to think. He wondered what is going on here and why is he feeling more uneasy then when he first entered. Then he heard them again.

"Join us Kyle."
    "Yes join us."
    "Come on Kyle we just want to play."

Kyle felt as if the shadows were speaking to him. This wasn't the first time he felt like this though. It began one night about a month before coming here and oddly enough on the exact same date last month. These voices woke him up saying the same thing they always do. "Join us." Kyle then ran outside Shades following close behind him.

"Shades...do you like me?"
    "Sandile! Sandile!"
    "Heh I like you too little guy."

Kyle and Shades sat under a tree in comfort for a few hours until sunset.

"Well I guess we should get going huh?"
    "Sand!"
    "Well come on lead the way."

For the second time in his life Kyle felt like he had a real friend or person who cared about him. He knew him and Shades would grow well together and become close. Finally he felt happy, but the situation at the lab was still unsetteling. Why is all this weird stuff happening Kyle sat there and pondered the thought. Suddenly Shades yelled for him

"Sand! Sand!"
    "I'm coming hold on."

Kyle and Shades walked off into the sunset heading for Route 1 and maybe some answers to the strange events at the lab.​

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
  • Post 1.

It was early morning on the day that fifteen year old Caresse Mae Tyler was going to set out on her Pokemon journey. Five years after she originally wanted to. Caresse however was still fast asleep in bed after staying up nearly all night in her excitement.

"Caresse! Time to wake up!" Her mother called up the stairs receiving no response. After several minutes she tried again "Caresse Mae Tyler get up right now or you'll never make it to Nuvema Town on time!" she called louder.

Caresse's eyes shot open at hearing that "Be down in a few Mom!" she yelled jumping out of bed still dressed in pajama's and with terrible bed head. She giggled when she looked in the mirror and carefully brushed out her long and wavy cinnamon brown hair. Within the next five minutes Caresse was dressed and bounded happily down the stairs.

"Caresse come in the kitchen and eat before you go" she heard her father call from the direction of the kitchen.

"Okay Daddy" she answered walking into the kitchen and sitting down as her mother put a plate piled with pancakes and sausages in front of her as well as a tall glass of milk.

"Eat up...all of it" her mother said fussing over her daughter not liking that Caresse was going away but putting up with it because she had to.

"I will mom" Caresse answered and after several minutes her plate was clear and she was finishing up the milk.

"Now your father and I have packed everything you will need in this backpack." Her mother started placing said backpack on the table. "Inside is a tent, sleeping bag, umbrella, clothes, cooking supplies, flint and a fire starter as well as any other things I thought you would need."

"Okay Mom thanks" Caresse said standing and putting the backpack on her back.

"Now you call us every-time you reach a Pokemon Center and make sure you have your inhaler on you at all times....and"

"Mom it's okay I'll be fine and I'll take care of myself. I've regained all my strength"

"I know...I just worry about you" her mom said hugging her as her eyes filled with tears.

"I know mom, but it's time to let me go" Caresse said hugging her mom for a moment before stepping back and hugging her father giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Be careful honey and stay safe" Her dad said as Caresse opened the front door and grabbed her bike from the hall.

"I will dad. Goodbye" She said and after one final farewell Caresse headed out into the early morning light got on her bike and rode off towards the start of her journey. Caresse was thrilled to be finally heading on the journey that had been delayed for five years but she couldn't help but feel a little uneasy as well. As if something was not as it should be. After about an hour of riding Caresse smiled seeing Nuvema town come into view. Upon entering Nuvema town Caresse found the lab parking her bike outside and hurrying inside nearly jumping out of her skin when a woman appeared out of nowhere a tray of Pokeball's in her hand.

"Go ahead and choose one" The woman said and Caresse figured this was Professor Juniper. With a shaky hand Caresse reached out and grabbed a ball a little unnerved by the evil looking smile on the Professors face.

"Come on out" Caresse said a little excitement back as she tossed the ball into the air. A red beam came out of it and in a flash a small grey Pokemon materialized in front of her.

"Minccino!" the Pokemon said happily looking up at Caresse.

"Aww your soo cute" Caresse said with a smile going to her knees to pet the Pokemon. "I'm going to work on thinking of a nickname for you. My names Caresse and we're going to be the best of friends I know it" as she spoke Caresse noticed the lights dimming and Professor Juniper laughing evilly. What's going on she thought as Professor Juniper spoke about a test and six lab assistants burst into the room and Caresse jumped to her feet afraid of what was going to happen.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Cookiez: Shock grew to level 6!! Not a bad post, it was ok on the descriptive side however i'd like to see more of what Lilliana's post looks like. Just add more description into everything, take your time on the posts. I'd rather have very well thought out post then quick decent ones. Anyways good post.

Ultragon: Shades grew to level 6! Good post, the battle could have been a little longer but other wise decent sized post and not to shabby.

Both of you are done with chapter 1, as soon as the others finish I will post chapter 2.

Lilliana: Caresse recieved a level five Miniccino! Caresse recieved a pokedex! Great intro post, very well done! Now on to post 2!

Totodile12345

Newbie Writer
    Years
  • ( i made a whole paragraph of things! my stupid internet thing just deleted it all D: )

"Bye mom, bye dad." Silver said to his mom and dad over the phone. He walked outside and listened to the captain as he spoke. "We will be arriving shortly Nuvema town. Have a nice time." The captain said to the passengers aboard the boat. Silver quielty began to walk around looking at a chain in his hand. He lifted it up in the sun but kept walking. He bumped into the rail and the chain fell in. "Oh no!" Silver yelled dropping his pack but hesitated to jump in. He made up his mind and jumped down into the ocean and grabbed it before it sank to the bottom. Passengers aboard helped him up. "You shouldn't risk your life for a chain." One of the passengers said to him. He sighed. He quickly reached into his pack and took out a towel. He dried himself quickly when he heard, "We have arrived at Nuvema Town. Grab your things please." Silver grabbed his stuff and quickly ran away from the boat towards the lab. Once he got there he saw a girl, six scientist's, and Professor Juniper. He was quickly greeted by the Professor. "Silver you have finally arrived. Choose your Pokemon." She said pointing at the two Pokeball's on the desk. He grabbd the one on the left. Out popped a Pokemon. "Lillipup!" The Pokemon barked happily. "So your names Lillipup? How about I call you Sparks instead?" Silver said trying to avoid thinking of how much this Pokemon reminded him of Mightyena. The Pokemon barked happily again and jumped on his shoulder. "Well my names Silver. Nice to meet you Sparks." Silver said happily. Professor Juniper ended up telling him about a test. Two of the scientist looked at him ending up ignoring the girl. The went towards him. "So this is your first battle huh Sparks? Well lets try our best!" Silver said as Sparks jumped off his shoulder and landed in front of him.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Totodile12345: I hate when that happens! Anyways Silver received a lvl 5 male lillipup! Silver received a pokedex! Move on to post 2!

Cookiez

The Shining Light
    Years
  • (OOC:Well actually if you think about it, Lillina's posts skip lines, mine skip little to no lines so if you smashed hers into a paragraph form it would be only a little bit longer. Is it okay if I wander around town for a little until the next chapter is posted? )

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
  • Post 2

(OCC: I've just been taught that when the person speaking changes go to a new line that's why my posts are like that, also for my battle I'm making Yamask knock it's self out.)

Caresse watched as one of the assistants stepped forward and the other five seemed to disappear into the shadows. The assistant that stayed tossed a Pokeball onto the ground and in a flash a Yamask materialized. "Here is your first test, how well can you and your Miniccino work together" Professor Juniper said still laughing that same evil bone chilling laugh.

"Yamask use Astonish!" The assistant yelled as the Pokemon charged at Miniccino.

"Miniccino dodge it!" Caresse yelled. I"ll have to keep getting him to dodge until I can figure out a way to damage the Yamask...but how? Normal type moves have no affect against it she thought as Miniccino tried to jump out of the way but wasn't quick enough and flinched.

"Your little Pokemon doesn't stand a chance against mine. Yamask use Astonish again" The assistant laughed and the Yamask charged forward again as Caresse kept thinking as fast as she could looking around the dim lab That's it...I can have Miniccino dodge attacks and make the Yamask run into things to hurt it's self. she thought excited to have reached a conclusion.

"Miniccino Dodge it!" she yelled letting a grin overtake her face when the small grey Pokemon managed to dodge the attack. The Yamask however wasn't able to stop in time and hit the wall hard hurting it's self but not hurting it enough.

"Astonish again!" The assistant ordered clearly annoyed that Miniccino dodged the attack as Yamask charged forward again.

"Keep dodging!" Caresse yelled watching as her Pokemon ran around dodging the attack again letting Yamask hit the wall again. This went on for about ten minutes. During those ten minutes Miniccino was hit several times and Yamask hit the wall several times, and at this current moment both Pokemon were close to fainting.

"You've done good so far but here's where it ends. Yamask use Astonish and finish it." The assistant said a sneer on his face because he was so confident he was gonna win.

"Miniccino dodge it one more time!" Caresse yelled just as the Yamask reached the speed it wouldn't be able to stop at. Miniccino nodded weakly and dived to the ground seconds before Yamask reached it. The Yamask cried out in pain as it hit the wall and fainted falling to the ground. The assistant looked at Caresse and called his Pokemon back before fading into the shadows as Caresse ran over to her injured Pokemon. "You did a great job" she said picking up her Pokemon and feeling how fluffy it's fur was. "I've got it. I'm going to call you Fluffy" she added with a smile on her face as Miniccino let out a soft cry of agreement mixed with a cry of pain. Caresse looked up at Professor Juniper before she stood and ran out of the lab grabbing her bike as she passed it and stopping under a tree. "My mom packed some potions in my bag so I'll be able to make you better." she said setting the Pokemon gently on the ground as she rooted through her bag finding a potion. "Here you go" she whispered as she used the potion on Fluffy.

"Mini! Miniccino?" Fluffy said happily jumping up into her arms as if saying Can we go now?

Caresse smiled setting Fluffy in the basket on her bike. Inwardly she was very unnerved by the events that took place in Professor Juniper's lab and still had that sinking feeling that something dark and evil was happening. "Let's go!" she yelled happily hopping on her bike and peddling toward Route 1 and the first leg of her and Fluffy's adventure.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Lilliana: Another good post! The creativity in getting the Yamask to knock itself out was good. Fluffy grew to lvl 6!

Also I have posted everyone's profiles in the OOC thread!

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    "Ahhhh" Boone yawns while stretching his arms up above his head. He slowly slides out of his slipping bag and swiftly rolls it up. "Well I guess I should head into Nuvema town" As he begins walking towards the town outskirts he can already spot Professor Junipers lab. It made him think back to receiving her letter inviting him to come particiapte in the league this year.

"Now Boone, take that invitation out of the garbage" an older man with a long grey beared says from across the room.

"I'm not ready yet Grandfather, plus who will take care of my Dad's gym" Boone replies trying to walk away from the conversation.

"Do you honestly think your father would want you to give up being a pokemon trainer because of him? I don't, I bet whereever he is right now he's hoping you probably already concured the Johoto League six years ago" his grandfather says wisely walking over to the sixteen year old boy putting his hand on his shoulder.

"Alright, i'll go... who know's maybe dad's in the Unova region!" Boone said pushing back his tears and putting on a smile.

"That's better now go get packed, as for the gym i'll take care of it while your gone, and this way when you come back you'll be much better prepared to run it" his grandfather smiles pushing the boy towards his room.

"Hard to believe that was only a week ago, I hope grandpa's doing alright" he says walking through the entrance of the lab. Immeidatly he notices several other trainers but no sign of the professor. Then suddenly she bursts through a random door with a tray of pokeballs and pokedex's on it.

"Welcome trainers. Today is a very important day for you" She says as an evil grin appears on her face and Boone begins to quiver at the sight of it. "I will now give you your very first pokemon, remember that a starter pokemon is the one you will usually have the best bond with, so take good care of it" she says as she begins walking up and down the line and handing each of you a pokeball and a pokedex. Finally she come's to Boone, and he freezes something is quite off about her but he can't put his finger on it.

"Please grab your items Boone" she says as he snaps out of his daze and grabs a pokeball and pokedex.

"Guess I should see who my first pokemon is" he says tossing the ball into the air letting out a small red ball. Suddenly arms and legs burst from the ball and it's eyes snap open.

"Darumaka, when it's internal fire is burning, it cannot calm down and it runs around. When the fire diminshes it falls asleep" The pokedex reads aloud.

"Oh sweet! Hey Darumaka i'm Boone your new trainer!" He say's with a friendly smile.

"Maka!" the pokemon shouts aloud in happiness.

"You knwo your names kinda long, how about I name you Gunner!" Boone excalims rubbing his hand across Gunner's head. But before Gunner could reply the lights begin to flash and a strange cold breeze stings the back of Boone's neck... "What the heck!" Boone shouts as he turns around to see Professor Juniper's eyes as black as night....

"It's time for your first test of many children" she eerily says as she waves her hand forward and suddenly six of her lab assistant's barge into the room.

"This can't be good.... Get ready Gunner!!" Boone shoutes.

"MAKA!!!" Gunner roars loudly.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Tim0789: Boone received a lvl 5 male Darumaka! Boone received a pokedex! Good post, now continue onto post 2!

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    "For your first test lets see how you and your new pokemon work together" she says laughing.

"Stop with that stupid laughing it's annoying!!!" Boone shouts at her still creeped out by her. As suddenly one of the lab assistants tosses a pokeball at Boone and a strange shadowy pokemon emerges from it.

"Let's see how you handle my Yamask, boy" the lab assistant says in a monotone voice as if he currently had no control over his actions...

"What's going on here" Boone whispered to himself as Gunner readied itself for battle.

"Yamask use astonish" the lab assistant says softly as the shadowy pokemon vanishes then reappears in front of Gunner pushing it backwards with full force causing him to fly into the wall behind him.

"Ah! Gunner quickly get up and use tackle!" Boone ordered as Gunner jumped to his feet and charged for the Yamask launching at it, but to both Gunner and Boone's avail he went right through it and landed on the ground head first.

"Haha really boy? A normal type attack?" The assistant laughed still in that monotone voice.

"Crap i'm so nervous I forgot all the basic type advantages my dad taught me..."

"Now while he's confused Yamask use astonish again!" The man ordered as Yamask vanished.

"Errgh, I can't lose this battle, Gunner side step then use roll out!" Boone ordered as Gunner side stepped just as the Yamask appeared and swing his palms forward. Gunner then quickly rolled into a ball and launched at the Yamask hitting it directly and causing it to fly into the lab assistant, who then proceded to return his pokemon and vanish into the shadows along with the rest of the lab assistants.

"Maka?" Gunner shouted confused.

"I have no idea what just went down... but anyway great battle Gunner i'm proud of you! Now return" Boone said with a smile as he put his new pokemon back into it's pokeball. He also noticed that several of the other trainers had run out of the lab already.

"What happened to Professor Juniper?" Boone questioned as he walked over to the unconsicous Pokemon Professor.

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
    Years
  • Bella grunted as she smacked the snooze-button of her alarm for the umpteenth time and turned around, pulling the blankets snuggly around her. Just… ten… more… minutes… However, if it was up to a cheecky little face peeking from behind a door those were ten minutes that Bella wouldn't get. "BELLAAAAA!" The little boy screeched as he ran into Bella's room, when he got to her bed he shook her violently, causing Bella to throw a pillow at his head. "Nicolaaaa, leave me aloooone!" She whined.

"But mommy says that if she hears your alarm go off one more time she'll throw it out of the window," Nicola said innocently, causing Bella to grunt again.

"Fiiiiine," she threw her blanket dramatically, causing it to land on top of Nicola who became a bright pink-sheeted ghost. He did the 'woooo' movements and Bella laughed, swinging her legs over the side of the bed. Right, time to get going. She switched off her alarm and yawned loudly, pulling the covers off of her little brother at the same time.

"You know, I'll miss waking you up," her brother said with a cheeky glint in her eyes. The comment got him another pillow thrown at his head. Nicola laughed," Just don't take another hour in the bathroom or you'll be laaate."

"Get out brat!" Bella half-laughed and Nicola left the room giggling like an idiot. Bella sighed and checked her clock, she still had half an hour, give or take, before she'd have to leave the house. She quickly got dressed and moved to the mirror to do her hair and makeup. All in all it took her just under 25 minutes to get ready (had to look good when going out after all) and to pack all, if not most, of the makeup and products into her bag. She hurried downstairs, albeit carefully as some of the stairs were way due for replacement, and grabbed the sandwich her mom had already prepared for her.

"Thanks mom," she meant to say, but as her mouth was full of food it came out all mumbled and untranslatable. Good thing mothers have a sort of instinct to understand the ununderstandable.

"Welcome honey," Petrova said absentmindedly, making a lunch for Bella to take with her. She was already in her work uniform, which was just a striped apron over jeans and a t-shirt, ready to start with her day's of cleaning work. She was supposed to have already left but she'd asked to start early to see Bella off.

Bella swallowed a too-large piece of bread and half-choked as she moved to the door. "Don't choke," Petrova cautioned with a smile and hugged her daughter. "Do stay out of trouble Bella," she said planting a kiss on her forehead. "And do stay in touch as often as you can, alright?"

"Yes mom," Bella rolled her eyes, but with a smile. She hugged her little brother too, promising to bring him some kind of souvenir when she got the chance, and hurried out the door, half-eaten sandwich in her hand for the road.

That same road was not long and she'd just swallowed the last bit of bread when she got to the lab, all excited she was almost bouncing. She checked her reflexion in the glass, making sure that her headband was in place and flicked her hair a little before going in, she looked good to go.

She was greeted by the sight of a few other trainers and no professor in sight. It took only a few moments for Juniper to appear however and at the sight Bella shivered. "Is something wrong dear?" The professor asked, cocking her head.

"Somebody just walked over my grave," Bella said, shrugging the feeling away. "Ouch, that must hurt," she pointed at the bloody bandage around Professor Juniper's hand but this time it was the latter's time to shrug and Juniper just ignored her and started her speech.

"Welcome trainers, today is a very important day for you." Bella swore she saw a flash of a strange grin but when she blinked it was gone. "I will now give you your very first Pokemon, remember that a starter Pokemon is the one you will usually have the best bond with., so take good care of it." She started handing out the Pokeballs, and when it was Bella's turn she eagerly accepted it, overwhelmed by curiosity as to what it was. She also received a black and pink Pokedex and she liked the feeling of it in her hand. All official and stuff. And that's when the laughing started.

Bella whirled around towards the sound and saw Juniper behind her who'd just finished handing the last Pokemon out. Bella blinked a few times, it almost looked like Juniper's eyes were all pupil... "It's time for your first test of many, children," she said and at the same time a door burst open, revealing a handful of men in white labcoats.

"What the hell?" Bella asked as one of them stopped right in front of you.

"Showtime," he grinned.

Back