• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Eeveelution Challenge

Favourite Eeveelution?

• Eevee

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Flareon

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Vaporeon

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Jolteon

• Espeon

• Umbreon

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Leafeon

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Glaceon

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Sylveon

• Total voters

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
  • The Eeveelution Challenge
    Only use Eeveelutions! It's as simple as it is.

Introduction
    Now, I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this challenge, but there wasn't a thread about it and now there is! Also, I thought of some rules to make this challenge actually challenging.
    The concept of this challenge is simple: You can only use Eevee or its evolutions. But there's more!

Rules
    Read these through carefully! There's some important stuff in there.
    1. You may only use Eeveelutions in battle
    2. You can only have one of each Eeveelution in your team, if you accidently evolve an Eevee into something you already have, you'll have to release it.
    __2a. You can of course have an infinite number of unevolved Eevees
    3. Hacking is allowed only for getting Eevees
    4. For your starter and every gym you beat, you are allowed to get another Eevee by hacking, trading or something in the storyline. You can't get one at any other time! (yes, that means you can get 17 Eevees in GSCHGSS)
    5. The highest level allowed for this new Eevee is the level of the lowest team member from the Gym Leader you just beat. If you beat Brock in Red or Blue, you can hack to get a level 12 Eevee since his Geodude is level 12. As your starter, it should be level 5 or lower.
    6. HM Slaves are allowed as long as you don't use them in battle (except Double, Triple or Rotation Battles if it goes automatically)
    7. Your challenge ends when you defeat:
    Spoiler:

8. You can do this challenge in Single or Ultimate mode. In Single mode, you'd just play one Pokémon game using the rules above. In Ultimate mode, you do this challenge in one game for every region. If you need to know which games count for a region, here you go:
    Spoiler:

Sign-up form
    Username:
    Challenge:
    Game(s):

Examples:
    Username: TeunCornflakes
    Challenge: Single
    Game(s): Silver

Username: CookieLover2003
    Challenge: Ultimate
    Game(s): LeafGreen, Crystal, Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y

Challengers
    Single Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Champions:
    Single Champions:
    Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Proteun

Years
  • Okay, my first update around here!

Challenge:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Whoops, so apparently it already went wrong at Falkner - I don't have any good screenshots for him. Screenshots aren't really needed for this challenge, but I mostly use them to update. Anyway, Silver's Gastly can't possibly be hit until Eevee learns Bite at level 30, so I'm just going to train the front one for now.
    My current team is real tactically, carefully built up out of a balanced set of different Pokémon:
    2qiy149.png

Okay, forget what I said! Levitate doesn't exist, so I could just teach Mud-Slap to one of them and kill the Gastly with that.

Whitney was a close one. If I didn't Tail Whip enough or wouldn't have Quick Attack, I would not have made it. Suddenly, Rollout is negative again.

Okay I'm sure that I had my screenshot of Morty yesterday, but it seems like my computer deletes it every time a new one is made. Anyway, my first evolution was into my favourite Umbreon, and she just couldn't take Morty's ghosts seriously.
    I trained the newly evolved Espeon just enough to learn Psybeam and sweep Chuck's gym, which worked out great.

Defeated Pryce with a priceless spam of Psybeam (please don't kill me for that one) and acquired the GlacierBadge. I'm kind of puzzled about what to do with the other Eevees though... I can only get the elementary stones in Cerulean City. It's difficult to do this challenge in G/S.

Jasmine was a close one. I got lucky with Umbreon's speed and a crit.

Didn't post for a while because I was breeding a Shiny Umbreon and planned to grind three Eevees up to level 40. When I finally get the evolution stones, I can just get those out of the PC and I won't have to grind too much.
    Clair was all Faint and Quick Attack.

With Umbreon and Espeon grinded to level 50, we managed to defeat the E4 quite easily. Not really much to talk about, except that Lance really doesn't know how to deal with Psychic. We're off to Kanto!

I'm not going to edit this post every time I defeat a Leader anymore, since Kanto's gyms are too easy.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username:Espeon20
    Game(s): SoulSilver

Hope you don't mind, I already started a little bit! Just hatched some Eevees in my Platinum game and traded one over into SoulSilver.

Proteun

Years
  • Username:Espeon20
    Game(s): SoulSilver

Hope you don't mind, I already started a little bit! Just hatched some Eevees in my Platinum game and traded one over into SoulSilver.

Whoa! I expected this challenge to be long dead already. That's fine though, I'll add you to the Challengers list. Fun fact: you just posted this a few minutes after I bred myself a Shiny Espeon ;)

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • This sounds like my type of challenge! Count me in!

Username: Logical Cabbage

Game: I'll go with Platinum, more variety of eeveelutions there.

Chevitile

Little Monster
    Years
  • Cool, I've always wanted to do this! Before I sign up, I have some questions though.

First of all, it says your team can consist of a maximum of 3 members in Gen 1, but then it says you can use an infinite amount of Eevees. So, this means I would be allowed to use 4 Pokémon, right? So long as I don't use more than 1 of each Eeveelution?

Secondly, I would play this on Black 2, but Pinwheel Forest (where the Moss Rock is) isn't accessible until the postgame. Would I be allowed to hack in a Leafeon in this case? If not, I'll just go with regular BW.

Thanks in advance!

Proteun

Years
  • First of all, it says your team can consist of a maximum of 3 members in Gen 1, but then it says you can use an infinite amount of Eevees. So, this means I would be allowed to use 4 Pokémon, right? So long as I don't use more than 1 of each Eeveelution?

Oops! I went wrong there. You can indeed use all the Eevees you get from Gyms, so actually you'd be able to have a team of six of which three are Eevees. Changed that in the rules.

Secondly, I would play this on Black 2, but Pinwheel Forest (where the Moss Rock is) isn't accessible until the postgame. Would I be allowed to hack in a Leafeon in this case? If not, I'll just go with regular BW.

Yeah, that's a weak part of my challenge. In Silver I had kind of the same problem (you can't get Evolutionary Stones until Kanto) and I guess you will just have to wait until then? That is stupid though... I'm going to ask this on CI&D.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    Yeah, that's a weak part of my challenge. In Silver I had kind of the same problem (you can't get Evolutionary Stones until Kanto) and I guess you will just have to wait until then? That is stupid though... I'm going to ask this on CI&D.

You do know that there are people that call you to give you stones in Johto. Right?

Chevitile

Little Monster
    Years
  • Thanks for answering my questions! Here's my signup:

Username: Chevitile
    Challenge: Ultimate, excluding Gen 6 for now
    Game(s): Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Pearl, White/White 2 (have yet to decide)

Proteun

Years
  • Can I do this challenge in my phone? I don't use my computer too much...

Of course you can! These challenges are originally meant for a real system, so computer or phone doesn't matter a bit. If you have Android, you can always find good emulators. I don't know one for Apple though.
    The problem, though, is how you want to get new Eevees to a simple emulator like that. But still there are cheating options on most ones. You'll just have to get the right one.

Abcefis

Back (in black)
    Years
  • If you are interested, gba4ios and nds4ios are good emulators for iPhone or iPad, and with My Boy! in Android you can do things like patch. It's awesome. Anyway, I'm doing this.

Username: Abcefis
    Game(s): Pokémon Sapphire

Chevitile

Little Monster
    Years
  • I've already finished Yellow, and I'm halfway through Crystal.

Yellow:
    Spoiler:

Crystal:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Username: AoTora
    Game(s): FireRed

Username: AoTora
    Game(s): Emerald

Username: AoTora