• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

The programming wouldn't take five years, I've been working on Pokemon Odyssey since April, and I have a working battle system, tile movement, talking system, bag system, the list goes on, just check out the thread for proof.

Yes the features list for the game is a huge leap from usually games, but it wouldn't take that long to program, maybe a year and a half at tops.

Now you're thinking, well this game has been in production longer, Captain Arcane had a scripter for the game when it was first shown, the scripter then left, now Captain Arcane is learning how to do it, I am helping him out.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Yes the features list for the game is a huge leap from usually games, but it wouldn't take that long to program, maybe a year and a half at tops.
    I think they are talking about the massive amount of scripting and mapping involved in this project, not the functions.
    Which is why we need more mappers and scripters on board, two people scripting and one person mapping isn't going to make this project really take off.
    I am currently learning how sphere works, so I'll be able to work on a few things in a while.

Waudby

Yeha even with the storyline etc, I've done it all by myself so far with no team or anything and i've scripted about 20% of the game already.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah true waudby but yours is on a-to me anyweh-much smaller scale. I mean its taking me a long time to put together my work for CA and all I have is ideas. So yeah this is goin to take a long time but still. Captain Arcane is one of the most devoted game makers on this board and i would never see this as a fake. Even if he abandons it he could still have a secret apprentice to continue and finish this project. And thats all I have to say.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Let's cut this talk of TLW supposedly being fake. It's not, so there is no point to even continue this -_-;

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • True. Now people get on with the questions and all else. LOL kiddin only ca and I think chatot have that authority. But yeah it being fake is lik saying dragons are real.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
    Years
  • How will that work? I tried it; the routes are long to the point where it's unplayable. And boring- Orre is essentially a huge desert. If he can pull Orre off without using one of those bike-things or making it horrible, I'll be floored.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    How will that work? I tried it; the routes are long to the point where it's unplayable. And boring- Orre is essentially a huge desert. If he can pull Orre off without using one of those bike-things or making it horrible, I'll be floored.
    Simply another mode of transport, such as a bus or a plane.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Ooo im only good for pokemon ideas so ill ask. Is he goin to add new areas to sinnoh? I mean i need to know since my little piece of work deals with sinnoh. If it cat be aswered here then pm.

Waudby

The desert routes would be littered with people playing the game and would have trading and item selling etc.

am i right?

The desert routes would be littered with people playing the game and would have trading and item selling etc.

am i right?

Last edited:

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
  • The desert routes would be littered with people playing the game and would have trading and item selling etc.

am i right?

am i right?
    Seriously... You don't need to post the same thing twice...

Now it's merged too!

So now it's on twice in a row...

No offense though...

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • The desert thing would be pretty cool. Yeah, maybe you could set up your own little shop/bazaar. That is a bit overboard I guess, being that the point of this is not all online...though it is big. That would be cool if the alternative to secret bases The Captain was talking about was having your own house (forgive me if he said what it was) Kinda like in puzzle pirates, you could buy items with different purposes, so you could do things like run shops and stuff. And the houses would be online, (i.e. maybe you could buy some of the million houss in Viridian, and that house would be yours, and no one else's.) but you could share it with other people. Okay, I'll stop with these ideas. I doubt the Staff cares. ^_^

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
  • The desert thing would be pretty cool. Yeah, maybe you could set up your own little shop/bazaar. That is a bit overboard I guess, being that the point of this is not all online...though it is big. That would be cool if the alternative to secret bases The Captain was talking about was having your own house (forgive me if he said what it was) Kinda like in puzzle pirates, you could buy items with different purposes, so you could do things like run shops and stuff. And the houses would be online, (i.e. maybe you could buy some of the million houss in Viridian, and that house would be yours, and no one else's.) but you could share it with other people. Okay, I'll stop with these ideas. I doubt the Staff cares. ^_^
    Hehe.. I like most of these!

Waudby

Yeah it was just because i was having trouble with the site.

Oh btw, Captain Arcane if you read this when I'm not online, PM me, I'm rewritting the battle system for odyssey and I may have a small template for you to use in the game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    This game looks amazing and honestly its exactly what I have wanted for years. A game where you can travel to any and all pokemon regions. Now that you guys are actually making this a reality I can't begin to explain how excited I am to see this completed, even if I have no part in the making of the actual game. Still you guys are doing a phenomenal job and I fully support you guys! :P Sorry for the over-excitement there just seeing all the maps and etc from the game, they all look beautiful. :shocked:

el_shanana

Astray in Astray
    Years
  • HOLY (WORD I CANT SAY)!!!!

HOLY (WORD I CANT SAY)!!!! I can't wait for this to come out, make sure someone notifies me when it does!

Your right tho, take your time, dont release a demo. Do you have a team of beta testers? or do you beta test it yourself?

well, anyway, keep it up, dont rush, make it the BEST POKEMON GAME EVER!!

lol, seriously, keep it up!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back