• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    if he does do that, then won't it kind of clash with the guild thing that was talked about earlier? dont know if its going in, but if it is then wouldn't it?

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
    Years
    yeah, especially if you want to make male AND female version of all clothes (ex. Steven/Wallace/Cynthia)

That could take a while

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
    Yeah, you all are right. But, not to fight or anything, but maybe he could put one different trainer for each region. But, he's only using FR/LG tiles, so they won't blend in... Hmmm, after some serious thought, I have to agree with all of you. Maybe not. Captain Arcane, your thoughts?

Years
    Yeah cjerian it sounds like a really hard thing to add, but still a great idea.

And Capt I thought of a way to make HMs more realistic

How about certain objects cannot be affected unless the Pokemon has a required level

I know if that really explain it well but its kinda like;

(Strength as the example)

Small Boulder can be move with any Pokemon using strength

Normal Boulder can only be move by a Pokemon over Lv20 using strength

Large Boulder can only be move by a Pokemon over Lv40 using strength

and etc...

I reckon that a system like this would stop people using HM slaves, as well as keeping low level trainers out of an area with high level Pokemon.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
    Wow. 0.o Nice idea. But a little hard to script. And map.(You would need more tiles) So... I don't know. Captain Arcane, your thoughts?(I know, I've said something like that... 2 times already. -.-;)

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    Lucario rocks, are you saying that those clothes would be the only choices? Because I don't think everyone would be satisfied in being dressed as Wally all the time. :/ But, there might have to be some limits to customization, I mean, isn't there like, a bagillion clothe articles in BR? Then again, one of the main points of this game is 'no limits'.

The whole 'HM level restriction' seems like a good idea. One suggestion is that for Surf, Fly, Etc, you could surf faster; fly farther(different regions); etc. according to you level. But, yes, that would take a crapload of scripting. It would be funny if you would have some sort of battle/minigame with smashing/moving rocks that woud only be possible if the Pokemon was strong enough. Okay, I may be going a bit overboard.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
    Yeah!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BLAZIKEN used CUT! TREE got angry!

Wild TREE would like to battle!

Go! BLAZIKEN!

BLAZIKEN used CUT!

TREE Fainted!

BLAZIKEN gained 5,000,000,000,000 EXP points!

BLAZIKEN grew to lvl. 100!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK, I went a little overboard, but that would be hillarious.

Years
    ToasterKing2000

The whole 'HM level restriction' seems like a good idea. One suggestion is that for Surf, Fly, Etc, you could surf faster; fly farther(different regions); etc. according to you level. But, yes, that would take a crapload of scripting. It would be funny if you would have some sort of battle/minigame with smashing/moving rocks that woud only be possible if the Pokemon was strong enough. Okay, I may be going a bit overboard.

Yeah i could actually imagne that, kinda like a flying minigame and if you dont finish it you end falling on a random route instead of the city your going to

Would be fun lol

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Yeah so fun as you know I love this so I'm suporting I've been looking at this thread for a hour now. Yeah just sayingI love your work.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
    WOW

Keep up the great work. Though I'm new, I really believe this will rock the PokeCommunity fan games to their knees!!! I T W I L L P W N ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I donno if your looking for any help or new staff, but I'm just putting it out there that I would LOVE to be of any assistance, be it big or small, so I can brag that I helped to create one of the most amazing PokeFan Games in PokeCommunity HISTORY. Seriously, I'm so excited as I write this post and can't stop complimenting your hard and amazing work.

If there is any way I can help I would love it! I swear, if you need me to buy 50 gourmet pizzas with my allowance and walk barefoot to your house, would deliver with a smile, glad that I could help.

Please don't think I'm being a suck up to the Capt. or that I'm being sarcastic. I seriously would love to help and sincerely mean EVERYTHING I say.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    No new screenshots since ages.
    Completely no word from author, he hasn't been here since week ago!
    No demo.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Waudby

Completely no word from author, he hasn't been here since week ago!
    No demo.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Firstly, He said he was busy, if you read a few posts back, he mentioned being in Washington.

Also I know the game exists, because I've done some work on the scripting side of things to help Captain Arcane.

People, this game is real, he's busy working on brand new things, the maps he are making are huge feats to do, just mapping one map could take up to a week to get perfect.

It's nothing like CR!

For the last time, I have actually played scripted for the game so I know that it exists.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wow this is sad. You know that this whole community doesnt even know whats goin on. Seriously if you think the projects not goin trusme its goin.

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
    Years
    Firstly, He said he was busy, if you read a few posts back, he mentioned being in Washington.

Also I know the game exists, because I've done some work on the scripting side of things to help Captain Arcane.

People, this game is real, he's busy working on brand new things, the maps he are making are huge feats to do, just mapping one map could take up to a week to get perfect.

It's nothing like CR!

For the last time, I have actually played scripted for the game so I know that it exists.

I still think that CR is real; and that DG left the community because of family issues. ._.; Hey, I'm no new member if that's what people are thinking. I'd rather not reveal my past, though.
    Besides, this game is too real for it be.. fake. I mean, CA did mention something about being in Washington. Or perhaps he's just planning a huge update; just like I am (mainly the reason why I haven't posted in my game's thread yet). Just give him a break, guys! Everybody has a life outside the computer too, ya know.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Its even worse to think that we are depriving the fine members of this community of maps that we haven't shown to the public </3

This game is real, to any idiot who tells you otherwise, slap them with a fish.

Also, the reason why Captain Arcane rarely posts is because he puts so much time into his game, something most of you couldn't really appreciate anyways.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
    Years
    To be honest, people like this are the main reason behind the new policy on the T/I forum. People who have never been involved in a successful project assuming that because there are no videos/there hasn't been much news lately/the owner hasn't been on recently, the project is dead/fake/unlikely to be finished... It annoys me so. Speaking from experience, I've gotten the most done during those times where I wasn't updating. If you don't have to spend time on the news announcement, last-minute polishing for the presentation, etc., you can get far more done. People who don't understand that need to stop interfering.

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
    Years
    -tear rolls down cheek- Now you understand how I feel sometimes! Seriously; these people who don't have their own projects barely understand why game developers don't post so often. Just because a game thread hasn't been updated or is left in a dark corner like what I often do, it doesn't mean that the game is dead or fake. Besides, I don't see what's so "fake" about this game. Sometimes, updating the game is more important than posting a "LOL UPDAT".

Stop calling real games fake; especially when you have no kind of proof. There's a saying "innocent until proven otherwise". Stick to that. >>

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    -tear rolls down cheek- Now you understand how I feel sometimes! Seriously; these people who don't have their own projects barely understand why game developers don't post so often. Just because a game thread hasn't been updated or is left in a dark corner like what I often do, it doesn't mean that the game is dead or fake. Besides, I don't see what's so "fake" about this game. Sometimes, updating the game is more important than posting a "LOL UPDAT".

Stop calling real games fake; especially when you have no kind of proof. There's a saying "innocent until proven otherwise". Stick to that. >>

Well, even if CR was real (though we all know it wasn't), most of its expected features wouldn't make it to the game because they were just IMPOSSIBLE to do. That's what led me to think that CR was a hoax. Later, when I tried to say it publicly, all my posts got deleted to hide the truth that the game was fake (as you could see, one of the moderators was Darkgoten's strong supporter and acted as his right hand, of course it was him who wanted to hide the truth).

I think same goes here. It may not be fake, but mapping all the regions, spriting, making scripts, programming the game's features would take... let's say, five years. This game surely looks more real than CR, but still, it's very hard to do. Five years is enough for a programmer to be tired and abandon the project.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back