• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon theories

spaceknightHan

the last fallen spaceknight
Years
so recently i was watching game theory, the jWitz, and so on. and game theory recently explained that the pokemon games are in difrent dimensions, and the poke balls are actually portals or something like that to another plain of existence. and thats the reason that mega evolution is just now being brought into the game or something.

now it is a ligit theory and i liked the idea. plus adding in the fact of the teleport beam thing from alpha, omega, is called the link cable was amazing. but with every theory there are some holes. for example, i dont see adding in mega evolution now being the work of an alternate universe, i say this because he claims the theory of the games were mega evolution are an alternate universe in its own, and its suposed to be the reason no one mentioned it untill now. but thats not what it is at all. i see it as game freak giveing us something new and never before seen. because in every new pkmn game there is about 5 new or upgraded legionaries. new moves, characters, badges, and usualy a special thing thats special for that game. there fore, its just a new idea that was sprung to life from the game freak offices and they added it into the next gen pkmn games.

that being said, i was wondering if you guys had any imput on this subject and what you agree with or disagree with.
heres the video name if you dont know what im talking about in the slightest: game theory: the Pokemon multiverse

Last edited by a moderator:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
There are definitely no less than two separate timelines in Pokemon: one in which the war in Kalos happened and Mega Evolution exists, and another one in which AZ never lost his Floette and Mega Evolution is unheard of. The Pokeballs aren't portals; they're just storage devices for Pokemon and whatever item that Pokemon is holding, but it would make sense that there is some level of interdimensional travel. When you transfer your Pokemon to another Pokemon game set in the next generation that Pokemon travels through time and space to get there. How exactly this works is unknown to me, but they're not just traveling along a set distance; they're going through time.

Aside from Zinnia's reference to another Hoenn where there is no Mega Evolution, and their attempted use of a Link Cable, there is also more contact between both dimensions, and this contact occurs when you transfer one of your Pokemon from Pokemon Black/White and Black/White 2 to Pokemon X/Y or Pokemon ORAS; all your Pokemon exist in the timeline in which Mega Evolution isn't possible, and when they are transferred to X and Y or ORAS they are crossing dimensions and appearing in the new timeline. This goes for all items that Pokemon is holding as well; they move from one timeline to another.

So basically it's not so much the Pokeball itself that is the link between dimensions, it's the Link Cable or whatever means of transferring Pokemon and items from one generation of Pokemon games to the next that is the time or interdimensional travel. In Gen 2 this was at its most blatant with the Time Capsule, which not only allowed you to transfer your Pokemon from Gen 1 to Gen 2, but also let you trade Pokemon from Gen 2 back to Gen 1, as long as they weren't new Pokemon or had newer moves. It was literal time travel, and you traveled back in time to trade with the player character in Pokemon Red, Blue, or Yellow. I wish they brought this back, as it was a neat feature.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I know my theory more than likely isn't as popular, but I like to think that Mega Evolution is the same timeline as the old ones. It's just, it's new.
But each version is it's own timeline, Ruby timeline and Sapphire timeline aren't the same because of Magma/Aqua, Red/Blue have different wild Pokes which is a big enough difference on it's own, and most games follow the 'version exclusives', so they are all their own. Just one little difference. Even Yellow is different because of a different starter who follows you! And Jessie and James!
This makes remakes different too. Ruby and OmegaRuby are different because of Lati@s, Deoxys, even their looks. Same with Silver and SoulSilver.
Not to mention each cartridge, every single playthrough is an alternate timeline, because no one plays with the exact same team everytime, and even then they probably have different Natures and characteristics.

Sorry but I just dislike the whole 'Megas are in an alternate timeline' thing, regardless of whether or not it's true. It just feels.... Wrong. Does anyone else feel this way?

mew_nani

Years
I know my theory more than likely isn't as popular, but I like to think that Mega Evolution is the same timeline as the old ones. It's just, it's new.
But each version is it's own timeline, Ruby timeline and Sapphire timeline aren't the same because of Magma/Aqua, Red/Blue have different wild Pokes which is a big enough difference on it's own, and most games follow the 'version exclusives', so they are all their own. Just one little difference. Even Yellow is different because of a different starter who follows you! And Jessie and James!
This makes remakes different too. Ruby and OmegaRuby are different because of Lati@s, Deoxys, even their looks. Same with Silver and SoulSilver.
Not to mention each cartridge, every single playthrough is an alternate timeline, because no one plays with the exact same team everytime, and even then they probably have different Natures and characteristics.

Sorry but I just dislike the whole 'Megas are in an alternate timeline' thing, regardless of whether or not it's true. It just feels.... Wrong. Does anyone else feel this way?
Problem is all the Pokemon games being in the same timeline is impossible because of Mega Evolution. Mega Evolution only exists in ORAS and X and Y. Why would it be widespread and then suddenly vanish for 10 years until X and Y, and why would it only be in Hoenn and Kalos and not in Orre, Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova, and why would power maniacs like Ghetsis and Cyrus not have it in their possession? If they all take place at the same time ORAS retcons R/S/E, and causes tons of problems for every Pokemon game between Leafgreen and Black 2.

It's pretty much canon anyway that there are two separate timelines, with one having Mega Evolution and one not having it, with there being several differences between historical events. But there may even be three separate timelines, one containing just Gen 1 and Gen 2. Crystal and Yellow were retconned out when FR/LG was made, and all the things in them like Dark types and Steel Types just being new discoveries sets them apart a bit. Given that only the Mega Evolution timeline has the Fairy type.... And of course there's the over 100 total glitch Pokemon that existed in that timeline that disappear, there being reality warping abilities with the Coin Case, Glitch City, Pokemon Eggs just being discovered, berries growing on trees...

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Problem is all the Pokemon games being in the same timeline is impossible because of Mega Evolution. Mega Evolution only exists in ORAS and X and Y. Why would it be widespread and then suddenly vanish for 10 years until X and Y, and why would it only be in Hoenn and Kalos and not in Orre, Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova, and why would power maniacs like Ghetsis and Cyrus not have it in their possession? If they all take place at the same time ORAS retcons R/S/E, and causes tons of problems for every Pokemon game between Leafgreen and Black 2.

It's pretty much canon anyway that there are two separate timelines, with one having Mega Evolution and one not having it, with there being several differences between historical events. But there may even be three separate timelines, one containing just Gen 1 and Gen 2. Crystal and Yellow were retconned out when FR/LG was made, and all the things in them like Dark types and Steel Types just being new discoveries sets them apart a bit. Given that only the Mega Evolution timeline has the Fairy type.... And of course there's the over 100 total glitch Pokemon that existed in that timeline that disappear, there being reality warping abilities with the Coin Case, Glitch City, Pokemon Eggs just being discovered, berries growing on trees...

sorry I know this is not a time to laugh but it's like midnight where I am and imagining people discovering berries grow on trees made me laugh for a moment. X3 Elm go home you're drunk

I know it's basically canon for the two seperate timelines, thanks to Fairy, Dark, Steel, Mega Evos, and all you've said. But it just doesn't sit well with me. I've heard this theory plenty of times with minor tweaks or exactly as you've stated, but for some reason it doesn't sound right. So I perfer to believe the many different games(versions and remakes) are their own timelines for their minor differences. I wonder if it's just because I like the Pokemon Adventures manga as a source of canon, when Game/Manga/Anime are all different? .-.
Also, if I remember this correctly, doesn't Sycamore say that Mega Evolution is a new discovery? Just curious as that sounds familiar and Imve only played through Y once so I wouldn't be able to check.

mew_nani

Years
sorry I know this is not a time to laugh but it's like midnight where I am and imagining people discovering berries grow on trees made me laugh for a moment. X3 Elm go home you're drunk

I know it's basically canon for the two seperate timelines, thanks to Fairy, Dark, Steel, Mega Evos, and all you've said. But it just doesn't sit well with me. I've heard this theory plenty of times with minor tweaks or exactly as you've stated, but for some reason it doesn't sound right. So I perfer to believe the many different games(versions and remakes) are their own timelines for their minor differences. I wonder if it's just because I like the Pokemon Adventures manga as a source of canon, when Game/Manga/Anime are all different? .-.
Also, if I remember this correctly, doesn't Sycamore say that Mega Evolution is a new discovery? Just curious as that sounds familiar and Imve only played through Y once so I wouldn't be able to check.
He does, and that causes a bit of a problem when ORAS comes along and says "oh sorry, Mega Evolution exists because Rayquaza blew up a meteor and showered pretty little marbles everywhere." I thought at first X and Y was with the old games and it was just ORAS in its own little timeline but no, they're both in the same timeline. Meaning either in Kalos Mega Evolution was so rare nearly everybody who knew about it died out and Professor Sycamore just discovered it there with Korrina's help, or the more likely conclusion is that he's just a fruitcake and thinks he discovered it when the Diantha, Lysandre and Korrina access it just fine. That or X and Y just didn't have a well thought out storyline concerning Mega Evolution.

But Mega Evolution could have been caused by AZ's death machine being fired, as well as the meteorite containing Deoxys being destroyed by Rayquaza, and if nobody kept up the knowledge or it was restricted to only a few people it could have been almost forgotten about in Kalos. I guess whenever they release a sequel, prequel or third version of X and Y we'll get more details about it.

And about the berry trees, they really didn't exist in R/B/Y. Nor did held items for that matter. When Gold and Silver were released berries were made to serve as held items, and they grew in trees you could harvest once a day that never died or disappeared. A far cry from R/S/E where instead there's berry bushes, and Fr/Lg where berries just randomly appear in little holes in the ground.

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
He does, and that causes a bit of a problem when ORAS comes along and says "oh sorry, Mega Evolution exists because Rayquaza blew up a meteor and showered pretty little marbles everywhere." I thought at first X and Y was with the old games and it was just ORAS in its own little timeline but no, they're both in the same timeline. Meaning either in Kalos Mega Evolution was so rare nearly everybody who knew about it died out and Professor Sycamore just discovered it there with Korrina's help, or the more likely conclusion is that he's just a fruitcake and thinks he discovered it when the Diantha, Lysandre and Korrina access it just fine. That or X and Y just didn't have a well thought out storyline concerning Mega Evolution.

But Mega Evolution could have been caused by AZ's death machine being fired, as well as the meteorite containing Deoxys being destroyed by Rayquaza, and if nobody kept up the knowledge or it was restricted to only a few people it could have been almost forgotten about in Kalos. I guess whenever they release a sequel, prequel or third version of X and Y we'll get more details about it.

I think he says 'On behalf of the entire Kalos Region I'd like to say... Baguette!' So either he very well is a fruitcake or the thing I saw was photoshopped.

Aaahhhh shoooot I thought of a connection between Rayquaza/Deoxys and AZ's machine during the Delta Episode BUT I FORGOT IT. ;_; That could have been the key....
I think someone says something about something blowing up or lasers or somethjng in OrAs and thag's what made me connect them but I don't remember anymore.... -.-U

And while few people use Mega Evolution in Kalos, there's the Mega Guru. How long has he known about Megas before Sycamore? I think you're right on the 'not well planned out story' for this, and Delta may have been an attempt to fix it.

mew_nani

Years
I think he says 'On behalf of the entire Kalos Region I'd like to say... Baguette!' So either he very well is a fruitcake or the thing I saw was photoshopped.

Aaahhhh shoooot I thought of a connection between Rayquaza/Deoxys and AZ's machine during the Delta Episode BUT I FORGOT IT. ;_; That could have been the key....
I think someone says something about something blowing up or lasers or somethjng in OrAs and thag's what made me connect them but I don't remember anymore.... -.-U

And while few people use Mega Evolution in Kalos, there's the Mega Guru. How long has he known about Megas before Sycamore? I think you're right on the 'not well planned out story' for this, and Delta may have been an attempt to fix it.
I don't remember if that's real or not but he is definitely a fruitcake, and a creepy one at that. He's related to Professor Baro, I swear. It may be what he said, I can't remember.

I remember somebody talking about infinite energy in the Delta Episode, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. It's important to note that the range of AZ's weapon reached very high up, almost into space, and there may be a link there. As for the Mega Guru, probably a while. I imagine it was knowledge only passed down to the next of kin so it wouldn't be forgotten, but it wouldn't really become a big thing either. He also may be one of the few people really capable of making the equipment necessary to use Mega Evolution for both the trainer and the Pokemon.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I don't remember if that's real or not but he is definitely a fruitcake, and a creepy one at that. He's related to Professor Baro, I swear. It may be what he said, I can't remember.

I remember somebody talking about infinite energy in the Delta Episode, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. It's important to note that the range of AZ's weapon reached very high up, almost into space, and there may be a link there. As for the Mega Guru, probably a while. I imagine it was knowledge only passed down to the next of kin so it wouldn't be forgotten, but it wouldn't really become a big thing either. He also may be one of the few people really capable of making the equipment necessary to use Mega Evolution for both the trainer and the Pokemon.

Good thing he's beautiful

It might have been the Inifinate Energy, Zinnia might have mentioned how it almost destroyed the world(or at least a whole region)? I think it was that I believed AZ's weapon messed wigh Deoxys and Rayquaza, causing them to blame each other and attack....? Then the metorite and stones and blah happened.

I agree, but the fact that he lives in the middle of a town in the tallest spiral building with students learning about Mega Evos seems a litttle... Off.... When compared to the rest of the Mega-less region.

mew_nani

Years
Good thing he's beautiful

It might have been the Inifinate Energy, Zinnia might have mentioned how it almost destroyed the world(or at least a whole region)? I think it was that I believed AZ's weapon messed wigh Deoxys and Rayquaza, causing them to blame each other and attack....? Then the metorite and stones and blah happened.

I agree, but the fact that he lives in the middle of a town in the tallest spiral building with students learning about Mega Evos seems a litttle... Off.... When compared to the rest of the Mega-less region.
And gives you presents... flirts with you.... bleh. If he was more like cool than flirtatious I'd like him, but as it is he creeps me the heck out.

As for AZ's weapon, Serebii says the infinite energy was based on it. It was powered by either Yveltal, killing everything in a set radius, or Xerneas, bestowing immortality on everything in a set radius. The story sounds like he used it for both purposes, and seeing as how both Pokemon were at the center of the device in a cocoon it's certain they powered the machine. How exactly he got to both of them in cocoon form is unknown to me; I hope we get some more information on how exactly it all came together. More importantly though I'd like to know how there was a two-way split in the timeline. What catastrophe caused that to happen?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
And gives you presents... flirts with you.... bleh. If he was more like cool than flirtatious I'd like him, but as it is he creeps me the heck out.

As for AZ's weapon, Serebii says the infinite energy was based on it. It was powered by either Yveltal, killing everything in a set radius, or Xerneas, bestowing immortality on everything in a set radius. The story sounds like he used it for both purposes, and seeing as how both Pokemon were at the center of the device in a cocoon it's certain they powered the machine. How exactly he got to both of them in cocoon form is unknown to me; I hope we get some more information on how exactly it all came together. More importantly though I'd like to know how there was a two-way split in the timeline. What catastrophe caused that to happen?

Maybe having both legends caused some sort of freaky alternate universe where one of each happened and he along with everyone else split and only remembers one side, Xerneas and Yeltal. D: 7.8/10, too much Inifinite Energy.
Either way it's all AZ's fault, but he said sorry so it's all better now. ;3;

Or maybe Deoxys and Rayquaza were already fighting, and AZ's weapon fired at Deoxys without meaning to and that encased Deoxys? But that doesn't explain why there are Mega Stones after that....

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
I've (probably) posted this elsewhere, but there are 3 main timelines for the Pokémon games:

Alpha Reality Prime: Yellow, Crystal

Beta Reality Prime: FRLG, HGSS, Emerald, Platinum, BW, B2W2

Omega/Reboot Reality: ORAS, XY

Third Versions traditionally overwrite originals, hence Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum being there instead of RB, GS, RS, and DP. (Plus, Yellow, Emerald, and Platinum were all confirmed to be canon by Gens 2 and 5, respectively.)

Alpha Reality Prime is the timeline of the original GB/C games, where Dark/Steel didn't exist before the time of GSC, Red never explored the Sevii Islands, Kris is the girl from New Bark, Baoba didn't build a Safari Zone in Johto, Cerulean Cave collapsed for good, and most of all, Pokémon beyond #251 weren't known in Kanto and Johto. The placement of Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos in this timeline is unknown.

Beta Reality Prime, on the other hand, is the timeline of the GBA and DS games, with Dark/Steel having always existed, the Sevii Islands, Lyra, the Johto Safari Zone, and whatnot. It's unknown what caused the split between Alpha and Beta, but as many have theorized, Bill's Time Capsule may have had something to do with it (thus, explaining why it never appeared again after Generation 2). The placement of Kalos in this timeline is unknown.

And, then, there's the last timeline, the Omega/Reboot Reality. This is the new timeline that was established with the 3DS games, ORAS and XY. Here, Fairies have always existed, and AZ's War happened (causing Mega Evolutions to exist). We've seen Hoenn and Kalos on this timeline, but not any of the other stories (which is where further remakes would come into play).

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016

I am with, i am also into the canon of pokespe. but then i always like to think that everyone can have his own headcanon separate from official game canon etc. similar to star wars where thanks to episode vii a whole age of 150y was retconned into legends status wheras it used to be part of canon before. Or clone wars where you have the comics (great art and stories) and the more child orientated series(with the edgy faces cartoon style) (also turned into comics)that retconned the original clone wars comics. I still prefer the original comics and whether official canon or not no one can take it away from me.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I am with, i am also into the canon of pokespe. but then i always like to think that everyone can have his own headcanon separate from official game canon etc. similar to star wars where thanks to episode vii a whole age of 150y was retconned into legends status wheras it used to be part of canon before. Or clone wars where you have the comics (great art and stories) and the more child orientated series(with the edgy faces cartoon style) (also turned into comics)that retconned the original clone wars comics. I still prefer the original comics and whether official canon or not no one can take it away from me.

I think you just said what I was trying to say. :D Kudos.

Although I have no idea anything about Star Wars I never watched/read it. :|

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
Adventures is about as canon as the show with Ash (read: none). If you love it, great, but don't pretend that it's hard game canon or is even all that accurate of an adaptation of the games. (If that was the case, Koga and Sabrina would be in Team Rocket, and my Dragon Master would be a hateful villain instead of a kind-hearted, heroic Champion.)

Zensho is the manga you're looking for if you want an accurate adaptation of the original Red and Blue; the Origins anime also fills a similar role. But, even these are only adaptations and still can't be considered game canon, no matter how accurate.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
My theory is consist Around ARCEUS and similarity to one of "The Neverhood" Gods called Arven. In both myths as we know we can seen "HE CREATE MULTIPLE WORLDS" So Arven can shifted between Dimensions, change him shape across years and eons and become all known now Arceus? In both was said about hatching from Egg. So that's kind of mystery which give me a lot of to think. Also the Theory about Three main Poke Religions. PokeChristans <Sinnoh Region cycle with Arceus and all dragons Around which Girtaina resamble Satan>, Poketaoism <Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem. Ying, Yang and Wujii> And Pokesgard <Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde> I don't seen any resambles to religion in Hoenn Yet. But meybe there is also hidden any religion like Greek Myths.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Adventures is about as canon as the show with Ash (read: none). If you love it, great, but don't pretend that it's hard game canon or is even all that accurate of an adaptation of the games. (If that was the case, Koga and Sabrina would be in Team Rocket, and my Dragon Master would be a hateful villain instead of a kind-hearted, heroic Champion.)

Zensho is the manga you're looking for if you want an accurate adaptation of the original Red and Blue; the Origins anime also fills a similar role. But, even these are only adaptations and still can't be considered game canon, no matter how accurate.

I know, that's why I said they are all different canons. I wasn't saying that either was the accurate canon to games, just that you could count any as canon. But only in that exact media/story, there's more than one anime and more than one manga, technically more than one game because of third versions, but everyone has their own preferences. Some peole enjoy the anime(Ash) more than say the manga and Origins, while some people enjoy Adventures or that Clefairy one more than the games or anime, while others only like the games, and you can choose your favorite canon, but that doesn't change the fact that the games are the most canon of anything in the Pokemon world. That is all I was saying.
(Sorry if this sounds rude or angry in any way)

mew_nani

Years
My theory is consist Around ARCEUS and similarity to one of "The Neverhood" Gods called Arven. In both myths as we know we can seen "HE CREATE MULTIPLE WORLDS" So Arven can shifted between Dimensions, change him shape across years and eons and become all known now Arceus? In both was said about hatching from Egg. So that's kind of mystery which give me a lot of to think. Also the Theory about Three main Poke Religions. PokeChristans <Sinnoh Region cycle with Arceus and all dragons Around which Girtaina resamble Satan>, Poketaoism <Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem. Ying, Yang and Wujii> And Pokesgard <Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde> I don't seen any resambles to religion in Hoenn Yet. But meybe there is also hidden any religion like Greek Myths.
You forgot about the Kami brothers Landorus, Tornadus and Thundurus, which I believe are Shinto. But Legendary Pokemon are based on mythical creatures, so what do you expect? The only two I can think of that aren't really based on legendary creatures are Mew and Mewtwo.

Pertaining to the different timelines, I think some kind of cataclysm happened that divided the two. Perhaps there's an unseen legendary that has control over the different dimensions and is directly responsible for the different timelines. Hoopa Unbound has the power to go through dimensions and transport things with his rings but isn't exactly the root cause of the problem, or at least I don't think he is.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
I know, that's why I said they are all different canons. I wasn't saying that either was the accurate canon to games, just that you could count any as canon. But only in that exact media/story, there's more than one anime and more than one manga, technically more than one game because of third versions, but everyone has their own preferences. Some peole enjoy the anime(Ash) more than say the manga and Origins, while some people enjoy Adventures or that Clefairy one more than the games or anime, while others only like the games, and you can choose your favorite canon, but that doesn't change the fact that the games are the most canon of anything in the Pokemon world. That is all I was saying.
(Sorry if this sounds rude or angry in any way)

That's exactly what I'm saying. If you love the anime, or Adventures, or whatever, great. If you love them more than the games, that's also great. It's when people claim that any one of these is "game canon" that I have a problem... Something that happens very often with Origins and Adventures, from what I've observed. (I guess, a lot of people assume "has Red=game canon," although you don't see many people arguing for the "Clefairy manga" being canon, as well.)

Now, as for tidbits from the various adaptations that did appear in the games, such as Jessie/James or Archie/Jirachi, those are game canon, because they actually appeared in main series games. But, a few things from the anime or Adventures being in the games doesn't make the entirety of the anime and Adventures game canon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That's exactly what I'm saying. If you love the anime, or Adventures, or whatever, great. If you love them more than the games, that's also great. It's when people claim that any one of these is "game canon" that I have a problem... Something that happens very often with Origins and Adventures, from what I've observed. (I guess, a lot of people assume "has Red=game canon," although you don't see many people arguing for the "Clefairy manga" being canon, as well.)

Now, as for tidbits from the various adaptations that did appear in the games, such as Jessie/James or Archie/Jirachi, those are game canon, because they actually appeared in main series games. But, a few things from the anime or Adventures being in the games doesn't make the entirety of the anime and Adventures game canon.
Don't forget Silver being Giovanni's son which first popped up in Pokémon Adventures.

Anyways on the theory. I remember hearing a theory also related to Pokeballs being hypercubes of sorts when I was a kid. I always liked the idea of Pokémon hanging out inside a large world inside the Pokeball xD. Or even an alternate Pokémon only world.

Back