• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon theories

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Anyways on the theory. I remember hearing a theory also related to Pokeballs being hypercubes of sorts when I was a kid. I always liked the idea of Pokémon hanging out inside a large world inside the Pokeball xD. Or even an alternate Pokémon only world.

I'd like to think that Pokémon have cozy little homes inside of Poké Balls. :P Of course, something like a Luxury Ball or a Master Ball would have a teensy bit more than a plain old Poké Ball.

Years
  • Pertaining to the different timelines, I think some kind of cataclysm happened that divided the two. Perhaps there's an unseen legendary that has control over the different dimensions and is directly responsible for the different timelines. Hoopa Unbound has the power to go through dimensions and transport things with his rings but isn't exactly the root cause of the problem, or at least I don't think he is.

You may be right about the cataclysm. My guess is some enormous release of energy, but right now, I don't have any theory about what exactly could have caused it. Whatever it was, I believe it affected people and Pokémon's behavior, affected the planet itself, and affected events in outer space.

Besides the Kalos war and Mega Evolution, I say this because of the existence of Primal Reversion, the greater amount of meteorites, and the presence of people capable of observing alternate worlds in the Mega timeline.

I also believe that after the initial Mega and non-Mega split, both timelines had "smaller" splits along them, as a result of the distortions caused by Mega Evolution. These smaller splits would have led to the different Pokémon versions.

About Hoopa, I've been thinking that some of its actions could have caused the Kalos war. That's because of this quote:

Backpacker: It's said that Hoopa's lair is overflowing with the objects and treasures it nabbed over the years, claiming them for its own. Rumor has it that there are mountains of gold and silver treasures that it took from ancient kings and wealthy land barons. I hear that Hoopa's lair is in an oasis in the desert, but no one's been able to find the place!

Maybe AZ was one of the ancient kings from whom Hoopa stole. Maybe the Kalos war was fought because these ancient rulers noticed their treasures vanishing, and each of them believed that the thieves were the other kingdoms.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    and seeing we are here at theories. How do you suppose the pokenav works in-universe?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Ok so I forgot this one.
    Technically I don't know if you'd call this a theory or not but....
    I prefer to believe that Ash isn't just anime!Red. I mean, he is also the main anime version of Gold/Ethan, Brendon, Lucas, (what was male option in BW's name.....?), Nate, and Calem. They never seem to show ul in the anime as far as I've seen other than their own specials. However, most f the girls have, so I think Ash stands for more than Red, he is the main male of every game.

Back