• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Leicester have earned 28 points from their last available 33. I'll hold my hands up and say I expected Ranieri to fail, but they're carrying on from last year so far. Before the season started, I thought this was going to be a strong season for the league as a whole because so many midtable sides signed quality players so I guess if Leicester are doing well then it's even stronger.

Great win for Boro yesterday, but Bolton are easily the worst side I have seen at the Riverside in recent memory. Their substitute Zach Clough looked like a bright spark, but if their team keep playing like that then they have no chance of avoiding relegation.

No, the league starts from this week. I forgot to renew it before the first matchday.

Awesome, though I'm already at the bottom despite that. :P

https://twitter.com/BreatheSport/status/632516698361434112

Lukaku making a pretty good gesture right there. Good example to set to a fair few players out there I think!

I'll join the league. :)

I saw this and it was very nice of Lukaku to do that. He is lucky he has a manager like Martinez on this occasion though, I'm sure Mourinho would blast him for wasting warm up time.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • It's really unbelievable how Liverpool - Arsenal finished in a goalless draw. I think Coutinho's performances were great, amazing individual skill and vision.

Years
  • It's really unbelievable how Liverpool - Arsenal finished in a goalless draw. I think Coutinho's performances were great, amazing individual skill and vision.

I don't know to explain how it ended 0-0. For starters, Arsenal actually scored but the goal was ruled out. Liverpool could easily have had 3 in the first half, and the same could be said of Arsenal in the 2nd. This has been the most entertaining goalless draw in years.

Years
  • I loved Coutinho's little skill leading to the Cech save. He's always fun to watch.

I'm top of our fantasy league for the first and probably only time this season. Solid defence got it for me as Mahrez was my only player in midfield or attack to score more than two.

Years
  • I'm 3rd. Among 4 people. Why do we only have 4 people? I renewed last season's league, so shouldn't everyone else automatically join?

I kept Cech on the bench for the last gameweek and brought in Krul. Both got 11 points.

Years
  • It depends if they actually enter a team in FPL in general hence why I won't have been in the league until I created a team for this season.

Ander Herrera showing why he should be the first name on the United teamsheet last night. I honestly think they can have a great season in the league if they play him ahead of Schweinsteiger & Carrick in midfield. They could probably do with one more signing still though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Never been into the Premier League, just find it boring for some reason. That being said, I hope Southampton do ok this season. Not one of "my teams" or anything but think they try to play good football and I like their squad!

Years
  • Even with Fifa's main sponsors calling for his resignation, Blatter stays on. At this point, I think the major football associations should band together and create a new worldwide football organisation. I'm sure there would be some legal problems with that though.

Boro might go top today or we might end our good run against a strong Reading side. If we win this game, I think it would be hard to stop my optimism bursting out and saying 'we're definitely going up'. After all, beating the teams around us was a problem last season.

I enjoyed watching Spurs last week, I hope they put a run together.

Years
  • I'm sure there would be some legal problems with that though.

I don't think so. FIFA does not own football. Splinter league have been common in cricket with Kerry Packer's World Series cricket in the late 70s and Zee's ICL in the 2000s. None of them were illegal according to the laws of the respective countries where they were held. It was simply that the ICC didn't recognise them as legitimate competitions. But the competetions themselves were perfectly legal.
    If all the big European and South American football associations left FIFA and formed their own organisation, FIFA wouldn't have any power left.
    The problem with FIFA is that everyone gets one vote, regardless of the size of the country, state of football there, or how good they are internationally. Blatter has used this to win votes from the small states and stayed in power despite oppostion from the big European associations.

Good to see Sunderland get a point today and overtake Newcastle (who got thrashed) in the standings.

Years
  • Not a good day for the North East teams, with the exception of Sunderland's draw. Newcastle, Hartlepool, Boro, Darlington and Gateshead all managing to lose. Even Sunderland were probably disappointed with the draw in the end. It seems like our game might as well have been over after fifteen seconds.

Years
  • With the way things have been going for them, and considering West Ham's briliant away form, I think they would have been happy with a point at the start of the game. They had a chance to get all 3 but they blew it. Remember they played with a man down and scored level for a third of the game.

Years
  • Wow Ivanovic looks like me if I was trying to defend there. Mourinho spent a lot of money on Baba and yet even though there's a prime opportunity to put him in the team, he persists with his Ivanovic loyalty.

I don't understand this media persecution of Brendan Rodgers at the moment. He has the team three points away from the Champions League places and it's still very early in the season. The expectations on him seem to have been inflated by the season were they nearly won the title.

Back