• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    All I can say is WHAT a week winning away at Chelsea and then beating United at home we wont ever get a week as good as this one again.....
    Just a shame Liverpool and Spurs couldnt do the job against Newcastle

Onto West Brom now

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Benfica have no chance, they play like crap. If not for Gaitán they would already be royally screwed in the domestic league.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Is it weird that I am almost considering Leicester a lock on for Top 4... with Liverpool and Spurs failing it looks like Palace, Watford (CRAZY) could be legit challangers

WHAT a bargin Mahrez was thou 400k

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • Barcelona vs River Plate on finals. Hype. River Plate ended up kind of bad in the Argentina Cup, but it won the Libertadores which is NOT an easy task. It beat Tigres on the final. I only liked Tigres because they massacred some queers in the semifinal.

Libertadores is like a South-American Champions League, with way less budget, worse stadiums, teams, players, worse everything. Still pretty cool though.

Years
  • What a bizarre game Real Madrid were involved in today. I tuned in literally just as the foul happened for the second red card and penalty and from there on the game was a farce. Madrid fans applauded Rayo for attacking, booed the ref for sending off an opponent's players and eventually the Madrid players hit ten despite playing with literally no intent. The best part was probably when Bale scored his fourth by accident.

Van Gaal needs to go pretty soon I think. Literally nothing to separate him and Moyes now except LVG has had so much more investment.

Boro are top of the Championship for christmas after ending Brighton's unbeaten season. Never been more confident we will be in the Premiership next season.

Years
  • We play Leicester on Boxing Day. I really don't have much hope; this definitely won't be a shutout so we have to score if we want points.

Years
  • Well there should be some sort of reaction to that terrible loss against Watford and both Watford & Leicester are being praised for 4-4-2 at the moment. So either Klopp can learn from this past weekend and can beat Leicester or you will be undone in a similar fashion.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Boro are top of the Championship for christmas after ending Brighton's unbeaten season. Never been more confident we will be in the Premiership next season.
    It would be good if you could join us, injuries have destroyed our squad so far this season but somehow we are still performing very well with no defeats in 5 and 3 wins on the bounce

Years
  • Is that what Leicester do every game? It's a bloody miracle they've managed to be top of the table at Christmas playing like that.

Years
  • Our boxing day game was called off today which might help us in terms of fixture congestion, but I always hate having games in hand. It also means we're not top of the Championship for now. On the plus side, Brighton drew so we're still 2 points above 3rd even with one less game played.

Please United, please sack Van Gaal. It's not funny anymore.

It would be good if you could join us, injuries have destroyed our squad so far this season but somehow we are still performing very well with no defeats in 5 and 3 wins on the bounce

Hopefully we shall be joining you soon. Eddie Howe has continued to perform miracles for you. I'll be honest I think one injury actually benefited you because Tyrone Mings was not good last season in my opinion and I'm amazed so much was spent on him (it reminded me of us selling a very subpar Joe Bennett for actual cash a few years ago). As for the rest of the injuries, hopefully your squad isn't too thin for the run in.

Is that what Leicester do every game? It's a bloody miracle they've managed to be top of the table at Christmas playing like that.

I think two factors probably combined to show Leicester up today. One was the absence of Drinkwater in the midfield and the other was Klopp adapting to their tactic. Every other team in BPL has struggled with the surprise success of Watford and Leicester's 442 this season, but it seems Klopp had them figured out. It's also worth mentioning they usually win their games with low possession (averaging at 42.4% this season, third lowest in league) so if they're not creating dangerous chances like usual, they will of course look quite poor. I still suspect Leicester can carry on their good season for a little while yet.

Years
  • I saw their match against Chelsea too. They are lethal when they have the have the ball where they want, which is at the feet of Vardy or Mahrez around the box; they make very few chances, but make them count. But they almost never have the ball, There are long spells where they struggle to get the ball out of their own half and their defensive record isn't all that good despite parking the bus.

Back