• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    That's so cool! So, I'm guessing the cheats are words too? I'm too tired to figure them out now though. XD The project continues to be the best in the forum. You put so much work into it!

EDIT: Oh, they're the words! ;D I think it might be cool to have them be certain interesting buzzwords from the Pokemon* world, rather than their explicit words... Like in The Sims... you would do "rosebud" to get a thousand bucks. I loved the weird cheat names.

* I hate that on my laptop I can't type the e with the damn accent! >_<

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Wow, that looks amazing! I believe that, at the moment, yours is the only project which uses Cheats, which I think is just an amazing idea. Great job Neo, I can't wait to see more of your ideas!

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • OMG this turns out soooo amazing dude. The new things are incredible.
    Lol a cheat system xD Nice idea.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    i can understand how its helpful when testing it out, but will it still be in in the final release?

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • #432 gotta remember it :P lolz well anyways great idea using the cyber as a cheating device lolz. but i dont think many people will use it unless they just need to heal there pokemon. so wat other cheats are already programmed in neo?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I think he's going to change the numbers for the cheats when he releases it :P

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well this is nice! At least fan games are running smoothly. Anyweh i must say adding cheats is sweet. So since they can track you it would be funny if you add in some scary lines. Imagine calling oak. Hello oak how are you? Im fine! And your back looks great!
    I would love that to randomly happen in game.

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    WOW! Super awesome! I love the cheating part. Free levels huh? Sounds cool... what about the pokemon league? are you gonna be the league champion? how are you going to make the look of the league building?

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    I think he said that the demo is probably going to be released late august to early september

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
  • i do already know that ya know
    EDIT: some sad news on calis forums
    Yeah, I wanted to make this it's own thread, so people can discuss it somewhere, and this is a thread everyone will be able see this clearly.

I'm currently (as of writing this post) working on the capture system. I don't need to tell you I need to nail it for a Pokemon game lol.
    Well, I'll keep ya updated in the update thread when it's done, but this is where the sad news lies.

As you read in the thread title, because of Rm2k3's limitations (and how the battle system is coded)- only 1 of each Pokemon will be "catchable" at any one time.
    What this means is, if you have a Pokemon (or sorry to say- it's evos) on your team or in storage, you CANNOT catch another wild same Pokemon.

Example:
    So if you see a level 4 Pidgey, and catch it. Then later see a wild level 6 pidgey and go to catch it, you will not be able to catch it. It is a Rm2k3 database issue, and there is no work around.
    Since all Pokemon are stored into the Rm2k3 database - if you have 2 of the same Pokemon- the one latest caught erases over the old one.

So, in the long run, this may stick out, even in future releases, it may be stuck like this.
    If you want to re-catch a Pokemon, you will have to release the old one, through the Pokemon release feature on the PokeCyber.

So again, sorry guys.
    You can lash me out of it with comments here.

Last edited:

Patjuh09

Total Drama Island Redux!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    So If i undertstand it, when a pokemon evolve into 2 diffrent pokemon, you have to chosse in wich one it will evolve??

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    no, thats not what he's saying. this si what he's saying

you can only have one of each pokemon or its evolutions. so if i have a gloom, and i use a leaf stone to evolve it into a vileplume, i won't be able to have a bellosom. if i want a bellosom, i'd have to release the vileplume, catch another gloom and use a sun stone. what he's saying is that its impossible to have more than one of the same pokemon or its evolutions.

and let me say this - that REALLY sucks. what i don't understand is why. its a database - it should be able to have multiple entries in it.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Yeah, I got a lot of stick for that on my forum.
    See, the way I've coded it is- the Pokemon are stored in the hero database in Rm2k3. Then for coding the battle system, using variables, I store the number of the hero slot for the pokemon... if that makes sense.

So for the code, it works like this.
    I have an event checks which pokemon is in which slot. That then saves as the Pokemon national Dex's number. So Bulbasaur =1, Ivysaur =2, and so on.
    Then I have more code, which checks and sees what the national dex number is, then saves a new number equal to which slot the pokemon is stored in on the hero tab.
    Bulbasaur I think is on my 3rd or 4th slot (since the players sprite- or hero in rm2k3 is 1 and then it has the female trainers data index).
    So example:
    If Var: PKMN in slot 1 =1 then Var: Database PKMN set = 4 (or whatever Bulbasaur is lol).

So that's why. lol.

Hope that kinda explains it. It does suck. Said it on my forums a million times lol.

EDIT:
    Said this on Calis Projects, I might as well say it here to.
    I got great news. I got accepted into College to study Game Development!
    Can't wait. I think this will have a huge impact in Protectors.
    *Some trivia.* I even brought it(Protectors) with me to my interview as part of my portfolio! They liked it lol!

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    that doesnt really make sense
    if you're storing it in the rxmp database as a sum of the two variables, then you coul dhave unrelated pokemon canceling each other out.
    if i have a pokemon with dex number 12 and i store it in slot 3, then a pokemon with dex number 9 and slot number 6 will have the same rxmp database value - therefore, only the second one will remain

and that doesn't explain the above bug. in that case, as long as you keep them in different slots, then you will be able to have multiples, as the rxmp database numbers will different

maybe you explained it wrong or i'm misunderstanding, but please clarify

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Yeah man, your misunderstanding.
    This should help.
    32287038pv5.jpg

So that is the hero tab in the data base right?
    So if Pokemon in slot 1 =1 - well then database pokemon=3 (Bulbasaur).
    The database Pokemon variable doesn't delete or erase anything don't worry.

Think of the hero tab as a book index- well an index. lol.
    There is options in Rm2k3 (don't know about XP but I'm sure it's the same) for when changing stats or editing a heros status in the default database, you can select which hero you want to edit- or choose the option "Hero Stored in" and select a variable. What ever number the variable is- will act as the index for which hero slot to edit. This is RM2k3's default stuff, nothing to do with my battle code.

So in the game, it won't delete or overwrite anything. It is background code. So like working out stats in battle, it will check the stats store for the database number.
    Understand.

So only because of this, I can't have more then 1 Pokemon. Because I've coded it to check Rm2k3's default Hero database.

BUT, IT IS POSSIBLE TO WORK AROUND THIS.
    Just leave the slots blank, have the maths for work out what slots are free, then each time a Pokemon is caught, edit the stats of the next free space lol.
    It would mean I would have to start the game from scratch though which, after nearly 2 years, I won't be ha.

Again, sorry to you guys the most man. Your comments keep me motivated to work on this game, and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • That's awesome, I'm also hoping to get accepted to College for Game Development, though I'm going to have to wait about a year before I start applying, but kudos to you!

And, Neo I can't wait to see more of your work!

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    oh, allright, i see
    in order to fix it you'd need to rewrite everything from scratch? dang.
    well, still, keep working. i'm sure something will come up that will help

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back