• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    To answe your question Cammy, as Neo said, there won't be any demos sadly. there will be one and only full game

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • HUGE UPDATE:
    Hey everyone.
    Finally can post this update.
    I waited a week until I could get it bug free.
    Now it's ready to be showcased.

I present to you:
    Mineral Usage Walkthrough
    This is in fact, the 3rd part to the PokeCyber update.
    The first 2, the storage and the phone, were revealed a lot earlier. The real reason behind the delay of this 3rd update of the PokeCyber was because this was crazy to code lol.
    Working out attacks as the Pokemon leveled up was the hardest. But after jumping that hurdle, I flew through it.

So, this part is going to be image heavy.
    It's around 11 screenshots, so sorry to slow internet users for this part.

***REMEMBER: This is on my test map with test wild battles- this map or wild Pokemon does not reflect the final game!***

Let's begin.

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors
    Start off by opening your bag from the main menu.
    Use the 1 or 3 number keys to navigate between pockets.
    Select the PokeCyber, which is the 2nd option.
    Scroll down and select "Minerals Menu" in the PokeCyber's main menu.

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors
    The Mineral menu is straight forward. It displays your Mineral bits (which you earn after battles)- and your Mineral Tablets (which you get from converting Mineral Bits).
    I have no Mineral Tablets, so I can't level up my Pokemon. But I have A LOT of Mineral Bits. Select Convert Mineral Bits to do just that.
    Remember what I said before, it's 100 Mineral Bits to equal 1 Mineral Tablet.
    The PokeCyber will convert them for you. It will only convert 100 bits (so 1 tablet) at a time. So just re-select the option to make more.
    As you can see in the second screenshot, I made 30 (which took away 3000 bits).

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors
    The menu for using Minerals is the same as the PokeCyber's storage. Provides a bit of consistency with the overall look of the game.
    Since I'm only testing, I decided to just have a Bulbasaur.
    I use one Mineral Tablet on him.
    DESPITE WHAT I SAID IN AN EARLIER POST, IT IS NOW 1 MINERAL TABLET FOR EVERY LEVEL FOR EVERY POKEMON.
    This is to make things easier for the player to just enjoy the game and feel strong in a short playthrough.

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors
    As mentioned above. The hardest part of the code was this in fact. As you would expect, as Pokemon level up, they learn new moves. The hard part was working out if they knew 4 attacks already and what they were. Then deleting an old move to make room for the new stuff.
    Well it works just as you would expect.
    Your Pokemon knows 4 moves and is trying to learn a new move. You can choose to learn the new move or not. If you choose to do learn it, you will be brought to this simple menu. Just select the attack you wish to forget, and "poof" :P, it's gone and your learned the new attack.

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors
    Again, as you would expect. Pokemon level up like normal. Well when I say normal, I mean, at the "normal" level and stats and attacks carry over to the new Pokemon.
    After feeding my Ivysaur some more Mineral Tablets, I decided to get in a battle to test him out.
    I won that battle lol!!

Pokemon Protectors
    And just for giggles, I feed Ivysaur a couple more Mineral Tablets, leveled him up and evolved him into Venusaur and got into another wild battle that I would kick ass in! HA!

**REMEMBER: Those are "wild" Pokemon on my test map.

Well there you have it.
    I hope you enjoyed my walkthrough, and come back when your playing the game and if you get stuck!

Comments, feedback and so on are always, always welcome.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

are what? lol.

that looks great ND.
    I'm glad you overcame the attack code.
    Keep up the amazing work! ^_^

Atomic Reactor

<_<'

It would be helpful if you told him what you thought of the new feature

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2014
    Okay, well, I'm loving the systems, and congratulations on getting over that major problem. Looking forward for more great progress, and your skill at rm2k3 still astounds me.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Fixed the post for a second time :P
    Thanks for pointing it out to me.
    I'm always ranting on about paying attention to detail, I guess I missed it with my spelling with that post huh? lol.
    Anyways, again, glad you like the feature, since, next to the Conscious Choice feature and the battling itself, it (the Mineral feature as a whole) is the next biggest factor to gameplay.

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    O_O

That's awesome work Neo, continue this way! I am getting even more impatient about it, it looks like it is gonna be the best pokemon game ever released

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • Wow this looks like a great pokemon game it makes you wonder why nintendo doesnt think of this

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Wow this looks like a great pokemon game it makes you wonder why nintendo doesnt think of this
    I'm hoping they don't.
    Then my game won't be as cool anymore :P

Small Update:​
    Just taught I'd post this small update to, eh, keep ya posted :P.
    First off, I have coded item use in battle finally. Been meaning to get around to it for awhile now, but the PokeCyber was taking up my free time coded, so yeah. Finally did it.
    Items are now usable in battle- which also means PokeBalls.
    So yeah, that is another huge coding leap. The catching system has now been put into Protectors. I kept the formula as close to the official code as I could.
    Pokemon really feel unique in Protectors. Like they should.
    The EVs and IVs are random- so wild Pokemon stats are random- so it has a nice feel each time you capture a new Pokemon, it doesn't feel dull and the same.

That is the first part of this small update. Just that all the code work is done.
    And since it's done, I've started coding in the storyline events and NPCs.
    YAY - I hear people cheer. Yeah, I'm glad the storyline and NPCs are starting to come together too.
    I'm still not ready to show off storyline screenshots just yet, but I'll show off some random NPC talk.
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors
    You will also notice a new text box window skin.
    That brings the text box skins up to 6 in total- which can be changed in the Options menu.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Hmm... I may have to consider stealing those tiles... I mean..... Great update, I cannot wait to see how well the codes have been implemented!

Atomic Reactor

if i'm not mistaken... Those are kyldoves tiles.
    O btw ND, i forgot to mention on Calis forums that the transparency for hte grass is to high, i would make it about 3 pixels lower.

other than that it looks good ^_^

Atomic Reactor

But don't put your hopes up.
    He'll release it when he feels it's ready :P

Patjuh09

Total Drama Island Redux!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    I always say: What do you want: A game released very fast that is full of glitches or a game that takes 10 years but it is the greatest game ever?

I choose for the second one.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Got an update somewhere.
    *Copies and pastes from CPForums*
    Update: Storyline Screenshots
    Okay, I'm ready. Ha.
    Yup, I'm ready to finally start showing off some storyline screenshots.
    Now I know I showed off the intro of the game before, but this is all after that.
    Picking your starter Pokemon.
    I've added in some edited D/P tiles for most inner tilesets including the Lab.
    Have a look:

Pokemon Protectors
    So after selecting my first Pokemon (Squirtle), Oak then gives me the PokeCyber.
    He then asks me to talk to each of his Assistants, who will go into detail on the PokeCybers features.
    It's kinda text heavy for all that, but I want the player to understand without the need of looking at a forum ya know? So all the text is needed.
    Anyways, after talking to all 3, the female trainer walks in.
    She picks her starter (the opposite one to the player as usual).
    Then she wants to battle before she heads to the gym.
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors
    After battling her, she will tell you she is going to earn gym badges.
    Pokemon Protectors

That's where you should go to after this encounter.
    Your Diary is updated.
    Pokemon Protectors

So all seems well right. Normal Pokemon style adventure.....

Did I mention Team Rocket have taken over Briselwood Town (the second town- the first one you travel to) ?
    Hmmm....
    More on that later...

Well comments?

Atomic Reactor

Simply beautiful!
    It looks great, as usual -_-
    lol.
    Keep up the great work!

btw. shouldnt the in-battle trainers be DP style?

Years
  • I suppose he is getting around to it, but in the mean time storyline is probably more important.
    lol this is my favourite game at PokeCommunity forums. *FORGOT TO PUT UP A SUPPORT BANNER IN SIG* *RUSHES TO FRONT PAGE TO GET ONE* lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back