• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeBud

Pokemon Hacker
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    i've got a Problem. I don't know how I can make a Key Item With a uhh Effect or something. I want to make A Quest log but the Item won't work but how do I make a Key Item that's working

Years
  • Ah. That script only overwrites the move_route_custom method, which is practically unchanged in Essentials. The only difference is that $game_map.need_refresh = true is replaced with self.map.need_refresh = true, so change that.

Otherwise, it should work; I'm using that script too without problems.

Mmm.

Exception: ArgumentError
    Game_Event_:9:in `initialize'
    Game_Event_:9:in `nf_particles_game_map_initialize'
    Particle_Engine:541:in `initialize'
    Game_Map_:56:in `new'
    Game_Map_:56:in `setup'
    Game_Map_:55:in `each'
    Game_Map_:55:in `setup'
    PokemonMap:640:in `setup'
    PokemonMap:610:in `initialize'
    PokemonLoad:318:in `new'

This seems to come up. :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Mmm.

Exception: ArgumentError
    Game_Event_:9:in `initialize'
    Game_Event_:9:in `nf_particles_game_map_initialize'
    Particle_Engine:541:in `initialize'
    Game_Map_:56:in `new'
    Game_Map_:56:in `setup'
    Game_Map_:55:in `each'
    Game_Map_:55:in `setup'
    PokemonMap:640:in `setup'
    PokemonMap:610:in `initialize'
    PokemonLoad:318:in `new'

This seems to come up. :/

Ah, I forgot that it aliased the initialize method, which has an argument in Essentials. Replace the Game_Character initialize method in the pathfinding script with
    Code:
      def initialize(*arg)
        a_star_pathfinder_old_initialize(*arg)
        @a_star_paths = []
      end

EDIT: PokeBud, you'll have to add an entry to the Kernel.pbUseKeyItemInField method in PokemonItem. I wouldn't suggest adding new key items without good scripting knowledge, though.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Thx for solving it Wichu, now I have another question, Is there anyway to make the player/enemy box stop shaking in the middle of the fight?

Years
  • Ah, I forgot that it aliased the initialize method, which has an argument in Essentials. Replace the Game_Character initialize method in the pathfinding script with
    Code:
      def initialize(*arg)
        a_star_pathfinder_old_initialize(*arg)
        @a_star_paths = []
      end

EDIT: PokeBud, you'll have to add an entry to the Kernel.pbUseKeyItemInField method in PokemonItem. I wouldn't suggest adding new key items without good scripting knowledge, though.

weee. it works. Thanks. : )

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I think that's enough, as there are no hard references within the scripts (they all use PBSpecies as reference, which will change when you compile it).

EDIT: About that double ability question you asked earlier, is the only secondary ability Levitate? I don't think it would be that hard to implement if it's just a single ability.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    Thanks I got it to work now.

I just have one more question.

At thee beginning og my game if you lose a battle the player ends goes to a screen that is all black. How do I make him go in front of his house? ( This is because he hasn't reached a Pokemon center yet )

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    In the Visual Editor, double-click on an empty spot. The Home option is at the top.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • In the pokebattle active scene script I changed the size of the exp gauge, everything is working fine, but whenever my pokemon gets xp, the gauge goes over its limits then get back to normal, do I have to change anything else?

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • I think that's enough, as there are no hard references within the scripts (they all use PBSpecies as reference, which will change when you compile it).

EDIT: About that double ability question you asked earlier, is the only secondary ability Levitate? I don't think it would be that hard to implement if it's just a single ability.

Yes, that's what I meant about the double ability thing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Yes, that's what I meant about the double ability thing.

In that case, you could so it quite easily. Make a new constant of all the levitating Pokémon in an array, like this (in a new script section):
    Code:
    LEVITATORS=[:CHARIZARD,:BUTTERFREE,:BEEDRILL]
    with all the levitating Pokémon.
    Then, create a new method in the same script section:
    Code:
    def pbIsLevitator?(pkmn)
     for i in LEVITATORS
      if pkmn.species==PBSpecies.const_get(i)
       return true
      end
     end
     return false
    end

In PokeBattle_Battler, find this line:
    Code:
    if target.ability==PBAbilities::LEVITATE && type==PBTypes::GROUND
    Replace it with:
    Code:
    if (target.ability==PBAbilities::LEVITATE || target.pbIsLevitator?) && type==PBTypes::GROUND

Then, in PokeBattle_Battle, replace
    Code:
    if pkmn.ability!=PBAbilities::LEVITATE && !pkmn.pbHasType?(PBTypes::FLYING)
    with
    Code:
    if pkmn.ability!=PBAbilities::LEVITATE && !pkmn.pbIsLevitator? && !pkmn.pbHasType?(PBTypes::FLYING)
    and
    Code:
    if !thispkmn.pbHasType?(PBTypes::FLYING) && thispkmn.ability!=PBAbilities::LEVITATE
    with
    Code:
    if !thispkmn.pbHasType?(PBTypes::FLYING) && thispkmn.ability!=PBAbilities::LEVITATE && !thispkmn.pbIsLevitator?

I haven't tested it, but I see no reason as to why it shouldn't work. If you get any problems, tell me.

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
    Years
  • Is it possible to give a Pokemon two different abilities at the same time? For example, Magnemite with Magnet Pull and Levitate.

I know you can't have both in the same screen, so how about having Magnet Pull be the visible ability and Levitate be the hidden one. Is there some way to implement a hidden variable in the \PBS\pokemon.txt that would set Levitate=true or false?

i think levetate wo'nt be needed, as magnamite is electric type and ground moves wo'nt effect it, so no need for levetate.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • In that case, you could so it quite easily. Make a new constant of all the levitating Pokémon in an array, like this (in a new script section):
    Code:
    with all the levitating Pokémon.
    Then, create a new method in the same script section:
    Code:
    def pbIsLevitator?(pkmn)
     for i in LEVITATORS
      if pkmn.species==PBSpecies.const_get(i)
       return true
      end
     end
     return false
    end

In PokeBattle_Battler, find this line:
    Code:
    if target.ability==PBAbilities::LEVITATE && type==PBTypes::GROUND
    Replace it with:
    Code:
    if (target.ability==PBAbilities::LEVITATE || target.pbIsLevitator?) && type==PBTypes::GROUND

Then, in PokeBattle_Battle, replace
    Code:
    if pkmn.ability!=PBAbilities::LEVITATE && !pkmn.pbHasType?(PBTypes::FLYING)
    with
    Code:
    if pkmn.ability!=PBAbilities::LEVITATE && !pkmn.pbIsLevitator? && !pkmn.pbHasType?(PBTypes::FLYING)
    and
    Code:
    if !thispkmn.pbHasType?(PBTypes::FLYING) && thispkmn.ability!=PBAbilities::LEVITATE
    with
    Code:
    if !thispkmn.pbHasType?(PBTypes::FLYING) && thispkmn.ability!=PBAbilities::LEVITATE && !thispkmn.pbIsLevitator?

I haven't tested it, but I see no reason as to why it shouldn't work. If you get any problems, tell me.

Does the new script have to have any specific name, or can I just name it anything?

i think levetate wo'nt be needed, as magnamite is electric type and ground moves wo'nt effect it, so no need for levetate.

Three things:
    1. Don't try to give people advice on things you don't understand.
    2. Use some common sense. Why would electric types be immune to ground types?
    3. Type with proper spelling and grammar.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    Ok I think it worked thanks.

But when I leave Oak's Lab and I come back the Pokemon balls come back how domake it so that the event is gone and doesnt come back when I change map ? I put erase event but it still comes back when I switch maps.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Does the new script have to have any specific name, or can I just name it anything?
    Nope, name it what you want. Technically, it doesn't even have to be in a new section, as long as it's not in the middle of another script and above the 'Main' section. I've got a section for any miscellaneous scripts I make; this could be a good choice.
    3. Type with proper spelling and grammer.
    I love it when people say this and spell grammar wrong. I believe there's even a 'Good spelling and grammer supporter' userbar :P

EDIT: ryanhead, add a new page at the end of the event with the condition of a self switch, and leave the rest blank. Then, set the self switch to 'ON' when you need to get rid of the event, and it will switch to the blank page, effectively deleting it.

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014

Minor detail, but charizard and butterfree are completely obsolete, they're already immune thanks to their flying sub-type, and Beedrill itself can't actually have levitate.

General approach seems logical though. :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Minor detail, but charizard and butterfree are completely obsolete, they're already immune thanks to their flying sub-type, and Beedrill itself can't actually have levitate.

General approach seems logical though. :P
    IMWT is changing the types of some Pokémon, e.g. Charizard to Fire/Dragon and Butterfree to Bug/Light (I think). And the purpose of the script is not to implement the Levitate ability; it's to allow levitating Pokémon without the ability to still avoid Ground attacks, while retaining the use of their existing ability.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • Would anyone know where to edit the enemies position in the PokeBattle_ActualScene script? I've fixed everything else up, but I'm seeming to have trouble locating that bit of the script.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back