• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
  • What if you could hide one?

Possibly, but that script would be difficult. I can only think of 3 people might be able to script it.

On my note, I tried another thing; this:

Code:
    =begin
    Graphics.frame_rate=40
    window=Window.new
    window.x=0
    window.y=0
    window.width=200
    window.height=200
    window.windowskin=Bitmap.new("Graphics/Windowskins/Window.png")
    window.openness=255
    loop do
      window.openness=(Graphics.frame_count*3)&0xFF
      Graphics.update
    end
    exit
    =end

def pbCallTitle
        return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1'], ['Pic_1.1'], ['Pic_2'])
    end

def mainFunction
     if $DEBUG
       pbCriticalCode { mainFunctionDebug }
     else
       mainFunctionDebug
     end
     return 1
    end

def mainFunctionDebug
      begin
        getCurrentProcess=Win32API.new("kernel32.dll","GetCurrentProcess","","l")
        setPriorityClass=Win32API.new("kernel32.dll","SetPriorityClass",%w(l i),"")
        getPriorityClass=Win32API.new("kernel32.dll","GetPriorityClass",%w(l),"l")
        getCurrentThread=Win32API.new("kernel32.dll","GetCurrentThread","","l")
        setThreadPriority=Win32API.new("kernel32.dll","SetThreadPriority",%w(l i),"")
        setPriorityClass.call(getCurrentProcess.call(),32768) # "Above normal" priority class
        $data_animations    = load_data("Data/Animations.rxdata")
        $data_tilesets      = load_data("Data/Tilesets.rxdata")
        $data_common_events = load_data("Data/CommonEvents.rxdata")
        $data_system        = load_data("Data/System.rxdata")
        $game_system = Game_System.new
        setScreenBorderName("border.png")
        Graphics.update
        Graphics.freeze
        $scene = pbCallTitle
        while $scene != true
          $scene.main
        end
        Graphics.transition(20)
      rescue Hangup
        pbEmergencySave
        raise
      end
    end

loop do
     retval=mainFunction
     if retval==0 # failed
      loop do
       Graphics.update
      end
     elsif retval==1 # ended successfully
      break
     end
    end

It says this:

Code:
    Exception: ArgumentError
    Main:18:in 'initialize'
    Main:18:in 'new'
    Main:18:in 'pbCallTitle'
    Main:46:in 'mainFunctionDebug'
    Main:23:in 'mainFunction'
    Main:23:in 'pbCriticalCode'
    Main:23:in 'mainFunction'
    Main:59
    Main:58:in 'loop'
    Main:67

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • I just have a simple question...Would it be possible to implement a titlescreen similar to the one In D/P where Dialga and Plikia shine every now and then?

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
    Years
  • Edit the Townmap.txt file; the name of each region map is given at the top.

I guess I am stupid for not realizing that xD

I just have a simple question...Would it be possible to implement a titlescreen similar to the one In D/P where Dialga and Plikia shine every now and then?

I saw a game in action on youtube with a working Dialga, but I lost the channel. I remember it was called Pokemon BlueSea (not the one here).

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • No, I do this and the NPC don't across like it's ice...

If you mean for an NPC to slide as well as the player then you'll either have to add something into the script or simulate them sliding using move routes as it's only the player that's affected by the terrain tag. If it's part of a cutscene then it should be easy enough to do, but if you've given the NPC a random move route then it'll be nigh on impossible.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Another brain tester, folks.

I've got a variable, which I want to set to false whenever the character is in the air after a ledge jump, and set to true whenever he isn't (or when he returns to the ground). I can't actually find Poccil's ledge jumping script, so can anyone help me out?

mad.array

Years
  • @MrChewy: The Ledge script is called pbLedge and is located, strangely, in PokemonMessages. It's called 4 times in the Game_Player* script, each one defining the jump for each direction that the player is facing. Those are the places that you'll want to change the switch/variable.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    • After that, there are a number of lines equal to the number of Pokemon. Each line is a set of fields separated by commas, as defined below:
      • Field 1: Internal name of the Pokemon's species (see pokemon.txt or PBSpecies for internal names). Required.
      • Field 2: Level of the Pokemon. Required.
      • Field 3: Individual Value of each stat of the Pokemon. Optional. If not given, this value is 10.
      • Field 4: Internal name of the item held by the Pokemon (see items.txt or PBItems for internal names). Optional.
      • Field 5-8: Internal names of moves known by the Pokemon (see moves.txt or PBMoves for internal names). Optional. If no moves are given, then it has the same moves as a wild Pokemon of the given level.
    Can someone please explain the highlighted part I quoted from notes.html? What do the so-called "stat" and "10" mean in here? I'm completely confused with this sentence...

mad.array

Years
  • If you look up Individual Values on any decent pokemon site, it'll explain them to you. The bare bones is that the higher the number, the more of a 'bonus' that pokemons stats will get as they levels up. They are recorded in this order:

attack, defense, speed, sp attack, sp defense

So if you put:

Then that pokemon will have an ok attack bonus, a quite good defense bonus, speed is slightly boosted, special attack... ouch & special defense will get a decent bonus.

All pokemon are given IVs to vary the stats between two pokemon of the same level and nature.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back