• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Gengar and DIANCIE at Gamestop/EB Games

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Just to make sure, are they giving these codes away for free, or would you have to purchase something in order to get one? If it's former, that would be great; even though the nearest GameStop is about one and half hours away from where I am, it would still be worth it to go and get a hold of these Pokémon, as I've always wanted them. Plus, I've also been planning to visit this place for a while since there are some games that I'm planning to buy; this would certainly help kill two birds with one stone.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • Just to make sure, are they giving these codes away for free, or would you have to purchase something in order to get one? If it's former, that would be great; even though the nearest GameStop is about one and half hours away from where I am, it would still be worth it to go and get a hold of these Pokémon, as I've always wanted them. Plus, I've also been planning to visit this place for a while since there are some games that I'm planning to buy; this would certainly help kill two birds with one stone.

According to the Nintendo rep I talked to, it's supposed to be free. The GameStop I live near got in a lot of trouble for demanding people preorder there before giving a code away. By the way, does anyone how fast these codes run out? I always go get events within two days of it starting. Both events are starting on a Monday for me and I'll probably get there by Wednesday at the latest. There are three GameStops in my town, so what are the chances that they'll run out of codes before I manage to snag one?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Serial code? Boo!
    I was hoping Diancie would be a wifi distribution! T_T

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Serial code? Boo!
    I was hoping Diancie would be a wifi distribution! T_T

I'm actually more surprised that people aren't upset that there is no actual in game event for Diancie. Remember the videos of the power savers that unlocked the event and there was actually a little quest involved? Well this looks like (once again) they're just handing out the pokemon rather than unlocking the quest to get it yourself. Any theories on why Gamefreak does this? Are they jerks? What? :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm actually more surprised that people aren't upset that there is no actual in game event for Diancie. Remember the videos of the power savers that unlocked the event and there was actually a little quest involved? Well this looks like (once again) they're just handing out the pokemon rather than unlocking the quest to get it yourself. Any theories on why Gamefreak does this? Are they jerks? What? :D
    Actually, the Wonder Card triggers the event, so I suspect that the Diancie Wonder Card, when picked up, will again trigger that event.

And it's not a quest, but rather someone asking you to hand over your Diancie. Then the guy they want it for comes in and stops them.

I am really sick of these serial code events. I really hate them with a passion, so my only hopes of getting these is to trade with someone who some how gets two or can clone them.
    If there was no serial, you'd still have to go in.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Actually, the Wonder Card triggers the event, so I suspect that the Diancie Wonder Card, when picked up, will again trigger that event.

And it's not a quest, but rather someone asking you to hand over your Diancie. Then the guy they want it for comes in and stops them.

are you SURE? Don't toy with me!! I REALLY want this to be true! :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I'm happy to see that I'll be able to go to Game but i'm annoyed about the fact that i'll have to ask for a code, I hate game and their overpriced games. I think they'll end up doing a worldwide promotion anyway, they just want you to pre-order ruby/sapphire from the place you're getting the code.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't want in store events or serial codes to be more specific. Because there is only 1 game stop around me and it is about 15 to 20 minute drive. They need to stop these crappy in store events and start doing wifi events again.

I'm happy to see that I'll be able to go to Game but i'm annoyed about the fact that i'll have to ask for a code, I hate game and their overpriced games. I think they'll end up doing a worldwide promotion anyway, they just want you to pre-order ruby/sapphire from the place you're getting the code.

The problem is, they aren't suppose to to that. And that is the main reason I hate these events.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm planning to get both; too bad I won't be using that Shiny Mega Gengar since it's banned to ubers. I still have no idea how to use special serial codes to download this into my 3DS.

Years
  • No, the event is free. But they are trying to encourage you to visit your not-so-local gaming supply retailers. Forget the fact that Walmart, Best Buy, etc. all also have the games; apparently Nintendo wants everyone to specifically visit the one that overprices everything, then turns around and offers you a dollar for a game they then turn around and sell for $10. Just so they can be forced to walk through all of the promotional gobbledygo-ok.

...can you tell I hate EB Games, myself? ^^

...apparently, I used a banned word other than the ones beginning with "f" and "s". Since my usage is not profane or vulgar, I have edited in a spelling change.

Sorry I should have been more clear I meant it was free but the participating stores have probably paid Nintendo for the privilege and use it to try and get more sales from people going to the event.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Sorry I should have been more clear I meant it was free but the participating stores have probably paid Nintendo for the privilege and use it to try and get more sales from people going to the event.
    Probably. And therein lies the problem.

I don't want in store events or serial codes to be more specific. Because there is only 1 game stop around me and it is about 15 to 20 minute drive. They need to stop these crappy in store events and start doing wifi events again.
    Wifi events are so much easier. Get out of bed, yawn, stretch, scratch (I won't go further), sidle over to my chair, open my system, download the event, and my day is complete. Now they want me to add an entire hour to my day. Or perhaps they might not even do that here, instead telling me when THEY want me to get the event via a newsletter; if I don't want the newsletter, they can choose to deem me ineligible for the event. That is not right.

Code distributions are the worst. Unless you can swipe five or six code cards somehow. You're not limited to one per game. (I am also finding that code cards make excellent trading material if unused.)

I'm planning to get both; too bad I won't be using that Shiny Mega Gengar since it's banned to ubers. I still have no idea how to use special serial codes to download this into my 3DS.
    In Mystery Gift there's an option to enter a code. You get the code from the store.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Has there been a Swedish announcement yet? I can't find anything about it online

Years
  • I actually don't mind the code cards, it's nice and easy (after the 'line' dies down). You go in grab the card and leave.

As for this Gengar event, I am p.o'ed because I already have a shiny Gengar take took me hours to hatch and now their just giving it away to everyone. Who can I give this Gengar to now?

But Diancie will be greeted with open arms.

Years
  • I'm not a fan of giving Gamestop my business, and assuming that they're gonna try and force a pre-order on these pokemon I'm thinking maybe we can get the pre-order just for the pokemon and then after we get Diancie, we cancel the pre-order and get our money back.

(just a thought)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm not a fan of giving Gamestop my business, and assuming that they're gonna try and force a pre-order on these pokemon I'm thinking maybe we can get the pre-order just for the pokemon and then after we get Diancie, we cancel the pre-order and get our money back.

(just a thought)
    I can see it now.

You: "I'm here for the Shiny Gengar."
    GS: "Cards are available with pre-orders only."
    You: "All right then." *transaction done*
    GS: "All right, thank you and have a ni-..."
    You: "I'd like to cancel my pre-order please."

{XD}

Seriously, though, I think Nintendo will have hammered them about that in the last promotion. They knew they were in the wrong, or at least store staff knew corporate was in the wrong. There were stories of people complaining loudly and getting their free codes. I'm surprised they are getting more events in light of it.

Years
    • TN
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I wonder if this gengar and diance will have decent iv's. I've only been to one event, but it was like when i was 8. Do they just vary or what.

Back