• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2020
    If you want to expand Advance Map to show up all your expanded pokemon in the wild editor:

1. Download HxD and install it
    2. Open Advance Map .exe in HxD
    3. Go to address D027C
    4. You see 9C, that's 156. Don't worry, this is the end 156.
    5. After that you have 28 extra entries (after Chimeco), bad egg (1), all unowns except for A (27). Then you have to add the amount of pokemon you added to that number, for instance 10. Which makes it 38.
    6. Add the 38 to the 156. This makes 194.
    7. If the above number is above 255, you have to use a different method.
    8. Go to and scroll down, find your number (for instance 194) and read what's the hex, in this case hex C2.
    9. Change the 9C in C2.
    10. Save it and open Advance Map.
    11. You can select your pokemon for wild pokemon!
    What do you mean by Address

Years
  • I am confused This may sound nooby but what doo I download on git hub which option?

Ok so it depends on what OS you have. If you have:
    Windows - Gen_lll_Suite.Windows-.English.Encoding.zip
    Mac - Gen_lll_Suite.MAC.zip
    Linux - Gen_lll_Suite.Ubuntu.14.04.zip

I don't really know what the Chinese one is for, but I doubt you have it.

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
    Years
  • Ok so it depends on what OS you have. If you have:
    Windows - Gen_lll_Suite.Windows-.English.Encoding.zip
    Mac - Gen_lll_Suite.MAC.zip
    Linux - Gen_lll_Suite.Ubuntu.14.04.zip

I don't really know what the Chinese one is for, but I doubt you have it.

Chinese is more for Chinese people I think or people who have a Chinese system, it uses a different encoding than English (which is most likely UTF8) and for that your program might have to be remade for the encoding.

Not sure though, but that's the biggest problem of different encodings. Sorry if I'm wrong...

Years
  • First of all congratulations it's a great hacking tool helped me much since i have just started hacking.The only thing that bothers me is an issue with stone evolution.When i select way of evolution stone for whatever pokemon even if i use the stone with the pokemon in party it wont say ABLE but NOT ABLE.Any advice on what to do?

ZapdosMan

The Principality
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2016
    Can i use this tool when hacking Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire ?

ZapdosMan

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Can i use this tool when hacking Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire ?

ZapdosMan
    Not sure about Sapphire (or LeafGreen for that matter, haven't tried though), but you can definitely use it on Ruby and Emerald. Only downside is, you won't get things like the Pokémon expander as that is for FireRed only. Haven't tried adding new evolution slots, too.

ZapdosMan

The Principality
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2016
    Not sure about Sapphire (or LeafGreen for that matter, haven't tried though), but you can definitely use it on Ruby and Emerald. Only downside is, you won't get things like the Pokémon expander as that is for FireRed only. Haven't tried adding new evolution slots, too.

Thanks for letting me know :D

Sapphire I'm not sure, but it does work with Ruby and Emerald as far as I know.

Thanks alot.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I want to ask something.. how can i use the 'Mon Expander correctly?
    I mean.. always when i click the button, the G3HS crashes :/
    It doesn't work properly in Windows XP or i'm doing something wrong? D:

Years
  • I get this weird error when trying to open my newly added pokemon with a sprite that i added
    Screenshot%202015-01-05%2014.08.22.png

Years
  • From what i've seen so far, really gooooooood job ^-^

But how can i access the Pokemon i've just created in AdvanceMap, cause they just don't show up :/ What do i have to do except pressing "Save All" after expanding the Pokemon and editing them?

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I get this weird error when trying to open my newly added pokemon with a sprite that i added
    Screenshot%202015-01-05%2014.08.22.png
    I had this happen recently to my front sprite pointers for ??????????, Bulbasaur, and Ivysaur. Essentially your pointer has been overwritten by other data and is now trying to load invalid data.
    Copy down the hex values given in the error, then open up your rom in a hex editor and search for them. Then go to a Pokemon that you know has a valid sprite and click "change pointers to images" and copy down that Pokemon's front sprite pointer. Put that number into pointer format (pair up the numbers by twos, put them in reverse order, then stick 08 at the end, i.e. an offset of 0x123456 becomes 56 34 12 08 in hex), and in the rom replace the invalid pointer from the error with the working pointer. Once you have a working pointer you can go into G3HS and import/repoint the sprites again, which should work properly.
    Looking more closely, in your case it actually looks like an pointer rather than corrupted data (because it ends in 08) but for some reason isn't pointing to an image correctly. In any case the above solution should work.

This is a pretty handy tool, but if you're already using a-map 1.95 and don't want to downgrade you can just put placeholder Pokemon in A-Map's editor and then go to the map's wild Pokemon table and edit the placeholder Pokemon's index number to the number of the new Pokemon.

Last edited:

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • Good day. It seems that I can't open my rom nowand having this error. At first, just by changing the number of move by 512, i could open it. But now, even I edit the number of move by 511 i and correcting the right number of moves i still get this error.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks!

The screeshot of error:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    I recently found out about this tool, and attempted to open it. However, I get this error:

15:08:44: This is not a PNG file.
    15:08:44: Failed to load image from file "Resources\IconTiny.png".

I checked - it is indeed a PNG file. Furthermore, looking up the error itself lead me to believe that I need to copy some files over from a folder named "dist"...which I do not have at all.

This is a Windows 8 laptop; is it compatibility or something else I'm doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2015
    Hola amigos y fanes pokemon, perdonen las molestias de ante mano
    solo queria saber si con esta herramienta se puede ampliar el pokedex y si los pokemones agregados pueden salir en el juego de manera salvaje y con otros entrenadores en modo batalla
    graxias de antemano y disculpen las molestias pero soy nuevo en esto...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    I keep getting errors like this when clicking on any Pokemon past Arcanine to edit.

Spoiler:

Can you please help?

Back