• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Akiak

dreamin'
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Apologies for reviving this old thread, but it won't open due to "Can't open file 'Resources/Icon.png' (error 2: No such file or directory); Failed to load image from file "Resources/Icon.png". Is there any solution?

Having this same problem running latest version on Mac (High Sierra). Pretty weird, not sure what to do about it.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2019
hey uh I have this ANNOYING problem.

running on mac os and it says
Spoiler:

yada yada stupid stuff I hate it I hate it.

see problem is, I've already relocated the resources folder and PokeRoms.ini to the dist folder. I've tried copying everything from inside the resources folder to the dist folder. I've tried opening the package content and copy and pasting the icon image file in the resources folder but to no avail.

Question is, what the hell man?????
People have miraculously solved this by
relocating the folder and PokeRoms.ini

SO WHY THE HELL CAN I NOT RUN THE PROGRAM??????​

Akiak

dreamin'
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Running into a different error now with Emerald... After clicking "Save All" a few times, at some random point I'll get a pop-up saying "Dex entry 1 has to be repointed", and if I try to repoint I just get an error saying "global name 'pnl' is not defined".

This happens with a fresh download of the latest version (empty ini) and a clean Emerald (U) rom...

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Aug 12, 2022
When I try to load my rom for the first time, before doing anything to the pokemon, it won't load. What do I do?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 13, 2022
I'm sorry if I'm late and this software has been discontinued or something. I've tried opening G3HS in every way and it still won't open. Can anyone lend me a hand?
Btw, running Windows

Dekoconyt

Digimon Lover
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 24, 2024
With my mac, it says "Gen_III_Suite" needs to be updated. can you help?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 19, 2023
This may be a dumb question, but has anyone else had an issue where the colors of a pokemon's sprite changes upon insert and if so how do I fix it?

Snowka85

literally a ferret
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 15, 2023
I cannot get the application to run in the first place either. It striaght up does not run. Has anyone else figured out how to make it at least *OPEN*?

Back