• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Oh man, when I started googling this, it was like the whole internet went crazy about how hackers are ruining WT and that's why we can't have nice things {XD}

But after a closer look, I found the original video that started all of this, and yes, they say that no trading happened. And seriously, after two weeks since release day, after countless wonder trades all over the world, nobody has reported any kind of connection between this bad egg thing and WT.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    If I get another Japanese Gabite I'm going to hurt somebody. This is chaos. I have gotten two forms of Vivillon recently. I wish more people sent them like when the games released.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2015
    I traded multiple level 10 Fennikin, I once got a shedninja ^^ and I managed to raise that level 1 shuppet and make it evolve

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    I've used it so many times! I've traded many of my Pokémon. I got a foreign Litwick from a breeder in a wonder trade and that Lampent carried me through 5 gym battles while Chandelure was my main fighter for the Victory Road and the Elite 4. :)

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
  • Traded a level 4 fletchling for a level 10 Absol at the very beginning :) Best trade ever, and that absol is now my favourite, at level 82 currently.

Also traded a breeded larvitar, and received a Japanese Sylveon so I am now MM'ing for a shiny eevee ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    I felt bad once because I put up a Pansear which was around level 3 and then I got a Level 70 Chestnaught back 0.o

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I've gotten 4 Pokémon with Pokérus from Wonder Trade; I feel like it's pretty common. : o

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Also traded a breeded larvitar, and received a Japanese Sylveon so I am now MM'ing for a shiny eevee ^^
    Or you can bring your Shiny Eevee event from Generation IV. Even clone it before importing it. I still think cloned Pokémon don't turn out to be Bad Eggs, after all. I am going to take advantage of the opportunity to get a Shiny of each Eeveelution as it would be a pain trying to breed seven shinies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I traded a lousy Tyrunt and got a Japanese Jolly Tyrunt with four perfect stats and DD/Thunder/Fire/Ice Fangs. I tried breeding a shiny using the Masuda Method, but after 170 eggs, I gave up. >.>

I've been wondertrading some of the hatchlings, though. I get some good foreign Pokemon.

Last edited:

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
    Years
  • Just did these:

Panpour KOR Caterpie
    Ralts SPA Niobat
    Lairon USA Aron lol
    Aron JAP Espurr

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    Using Wonder Trade for early game advantage?

I just wanted to hear everyone's opinion on Wonder Trade, and more than that if you used it early game to possibly get an overpowered Pokemon.

Personally I just wanted to try it out and I lucked out on my second wonder trade and got a level 24 Charmeleon. Needless to say I still have it, it's level 56 after the fifth gym, and it's usually my sweeper if my Steelix faints.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • My brother traded away one of his breed rejects and got a female Scyther with perfect IVs in everything but Special Attack (I believe).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Turns out that getting Scatterbug through WT isn't as bad as it seems. Evolve it and it will become the Vivillon form of the region it came from, not where you are. I evolved some of the ones I got on WT to trade them off as Vivillon, but they were forms I didn't have so I kept them. Pretty neat! I do plan on trading out some of the Vivillon that I'm able to obtain. Besides, getting a Vivillon is much better than getting a Scatterbug and having to go through all the effort. :P

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Turns out that getting Scatterbug through WT isn't as bad as it seems. Evolve it and it will become the Vivillon form of the region it came from, not where you are. I evolved some of the ones I got on WT to trade them off as Vivillon, but they were forms I didn't have so I kept them. Pretty neat! I do plan on trading out some of the Vivillon that I'm able to obtain. Besides, getting a Vivillon is much better than getting a Scatterbug and having to go through all the effort. :P

Yes they are fun to get. Personally I'm having a hard time getting the last 5 that I need.

What I hate getting the most are starters. Everybody has them. I have more starters than anything else mostly because I just can't seem to get interesting stuff anymore. The only good starters I have I either did a regular trade or caught/bred myself.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • What I hate getting the most are starters. Everybody has them. I have more starters than anything else mostly because I just can't seem to get interesting stuff anymore. The only good starters I have I either did a regular trade or caught/bred myself.

I get annoyed with them too, but at the same time, I know that whoever sent it was trying to be a WT hero, since not everyone has all the starters just yet. I usually don't get bothered when people send out things that are difficult to get ahold of. Though a lot of us have gotten almost everything at this point, so whatever we get in return now is kinda meh. :( Just send them back out, imo. That's what I do when I get good stuff I already have.

Corrosive

Conspiracy Realist
    Years
  • I sent a 4 perfect IV Gastly and got a Zapdos in return O_O

The person caught it in a masterball too, so I wonder if it was by mistake =/

Years
  • Recently I put up one of my bred kalos starters and got a Japanese ditto in return... I am now going to masuda method the crap out of my everything

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back