• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Policy and respect/disrespect - help needed!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I really do like that idea. (the one for when mods arent on)

I think the best and only way to handle it as you said is just through PM or screen shot, tell a mod what happened or quoting what was at fault and then it can be disciplined when the user(s) are next on i guess. :/

I like the feedback stuff too, as long as it isn't abused.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Online now
Personally, I have never liked hax complaints over a few critical hits, move misses, etc because generally, it soon ends up banning or pissing off someone. Now it may not be all the time, but sometimes it can lead to something worse. It can also be a turn off for most new members seeing whining everywhere, and we already have a few members (not sure if it is few or many) who have said they thought it was. I think people need to control their temper and also learn that we are playing a game that uses a luck based system...and it's only natural to get critical hits often. Gloating about beating someone when it's due to hax is annoying though, but I believe we should ignore it unless they continue? Though, I realize that I am repeating what others have already said, so I will just say that I'm unsure if we should punish members for complaining. Then again, I don't see the big deal with no complaining allowed, because nothing ever positive comes out of it other than venting out anger (hax complaining thread heh).

Anyway, for disrespect I think we should stick with muting someone for say, 30 minutes. No one takes kicking seriously. If they do it once more, ban them for a day. Nothing harsher though, we haven't had much problems with disrespect lately anyway. Possibly talk it over with them why they were muted/banned.

The other thing that is pretty similar that I have been thinking about for awhile is a moderator feedback mechanism of some sort. It would be anonymous and more for general things as opposed to specific violations like the reporting thing sims talked about would be. I'll admit, this idea isn't very developed, but the basic principle of us knowing what everyone thinks without the risk of personal loss because of expressing those opinions seems healthy to me. The staff has been trying to be more open and transparent, and we've been trying to get all non-staff members to get more involved (see: this thread ;p) and I think that direct (but anonymous, I must stress again) feedback is another positive step toward those goals. I don't know how it would be done though, and like I said, it's not too developed yet...thoughts?
Another possibility, instead of only moderators, include regulars as well? I don't have a problem either way. How could everyone be anonymous though? Only option I can think of is have everyone send their feedback to one impartial user, and he/she posts it without their names of course.

I like sims' other idea too.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
I did like the idea sims brought up:

-sim's idea-

Of course, we couldn't do this directly from the server because of the limitations of our technology. But we can always have that option open where users can PM server staffers, probably with a chat log or something like that required. D_A brought up how when staff isn't there people can go back to being less civil. Reporting such things via PM sounds like a sensible solution.

We could have a "bot" (akin to Noah on Smogon's old SU server on shoddy) that doesn't kick but just takes in PMs from other users that would be reports. It would obviously have to be hosted by a user with stable internet connection who can leave their computer on at all times and is willing to do that. Its not the best idea but its a pretty good system.

I don't really see a problem with being "cocky" though after a victory. I mean, you won. You deserve to celebrate a little bit, even if its just inside your head going "yeah!" I am not talking about some internet Pokemon-Online based version of an Ochocinco TD celebration, but a little "woo, I won" doesn't hurt anyone. However, excessively going "I HAVE 6-0'd XxX_GARCHOMP_FAN_420_XxX" for 10 lines and insulting him out the wazzoo is completely unacceptable. Its game we play to win, regardless of how we win, a win is a win. Think of winning off a crit as a Hail Mary pass working with 0:05 seconds left in the 4th down by 6 points. Nobody expects it to work, but when it does, its ridiculous. (I guess for you European users, think of it as the most miraculous corner kick in stoppage time when the game is tied.)

Its a game. We take it seriously, but we play competitively. We also know that there are elements of the game that are "unfair" and luck based. Secondary effects, crits, stupid items, etc all exist. They are there though and unless they are banned (re: Inconsistent) anyone is available to use them and use them as they wish. Not everyone who plays pokemon is a seasoned veteran who realizes that using Brightpowder Heracross is a rather poor idea considering the opportunity cost lost from Life Orb. But thats not our fault and not their fault. We play the game anyway. Just lighten up and have fun with it, lifes too short to take a game targeted at 10 year olds too seriously.

Lastly, I think the random insulting of randoms needs to stop. I can do it because thats who I am, but I don't think I do it bad. I wouldn't even consider what I say insulting, its just playful. Just because XxX_420_Goku_Warrior_420_XxX doesn't speak perfect English or uses Cresselia is no reason to bombard him with old smogon memes or insult his credentials as a human being. He is probably new and Brazilian. (BR RULE) Just leave him be, reject his challenges if he challenges you (if he keeps challenging you, politely whisper him or tell a mod, nobody wants to see a Hazerider-level blowup on PO).

So yeah, I don't really think we need to enforce changes hardcore SPANISH INQUISITION level yet, just encourage people to stop being dicks and lighten up about the game.

[/endpost]

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
True enough, as I'm not quite sure how shoddy or PO or whatever the hell works.

I agree with what gamer said about random insults. Coming from DA, Anti, Britney, and other regulars, it's ok, we know each other well enough, and DA spammed Waluigi on my profile (AGAIN >:[), so it's all in good fun.

If some random whatchermawhoosit says something that pisses me off, Imma reach through the computer and choke-a-b.

And DA, don't worry, that wasn't on you, since we battled plenty enough to complain on hax. I insult you plenty on your profile :)

Oh, that reminds me, I said this before, but I will kick the ass of the next random, non member who questions my use of Vileplume. Again, people here knows me well enough to, um, know...that I likes plume. They don't question me on it. They say Plume sucks, but it's all in fun. If some random user who isn't part of this site annoys me on why I shouldn't use it because I won't get the honor of being champ at a children's videogame, I'mma blow a damn pipe.

I mean, it'sfunny when it comes from DA and Anti and the like, but not some random noob who decides to grace our server.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
@ user PlumeHumper_66
Spr_5b_591.png
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Spr_5b_045_m.png

:}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

We could have a "bot" (akin to Noah on Smogon's old SU server on shoddy) that doesn't kick but just takes in PMs from other users that would be reports. It would obviously have to be hosted by a user with stable internet connection who can leave their computer on at all times and is willing to do that. Its not the best idea but its a pretty good system.

I kinda like this, but i dont know if our users would be able to get one. Wolf perhaps could, idk though lol.

Anti

return of the king
Years
[log]

Why is Luke so immature, lol.

This post is petty.

Hi, I was looking for the 'post irrelevant logs thread' am I lost?

This post is useless.

Hardly see how this is irrelevant considering that crap like that is basically what this thread is all about. And people wonder why S&M can be so tasteless, lol.

Besides, I remember there being posts made about some kind of "moderation feedback."

This post is potentially useful in the context of this thread but posting a log that doesn't give a whole lot of context and then saying LOL LUKE R SO IMMATURE isn't exactly a positive way of making a point. Also, you can't just post something and then have us figure out what we think you meant. That's your job. If you are trying to make a point, explain what it is.

Also:

Anti said:
This thread is about enforcing the rules, not who is a braggart or who is an unfair mod or how crits are annoying and should be destroyed. What do any of those things have to do with the very simple problem laid out in the OP? This thread is starting to go into a downward spiral of personal attacks/criticisms, so let's please keep this civil as well as focused.

If the things we set forward in this thread are successful, you should have the perfect place to address how you feel you have been mistreated.

Moving on...

Back