• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Last edited:
Years
Can anyone tell me what point the hack ends at? The Blimp crashed at the island after Valencia island and now I can't get past an old woman in a house. I occasionally get a Masterball and then word Script that doesn't end.

Pokemaster6655

Pokemon master
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Can anyone tell me what point the hack ends at? The Blimp crashed at the island after Valencia island and now I can't get past an old woman in a house. I occasionally get a Masterball and then word Script that doesn't end.

It ends right before the mandarin island

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
If you want to unlock all the scripted events in the game, yes, then you need to follow whatever Ash did in the anime - battle the Samurai? Have a Metapod. A beedrill will take it. Have a Pidgeotto, fly to the League after being fooled by Team Rocket. Evolve the Pokemon at whatever time they would in the anime. That's the easiest way to see all the scripted stuff :) It's really amazing, i keep finding small events even on the 4th playthrough that i didnt see before.. Such fun exploring ~^_^~

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but in regards to the game-breaking Saffron City glitch where the Team Rocket members are blocking your path to the city, the problem lies in you putting a Pokemon in Box 3! That's the box where all the Bad Eggs are. So the solution is simply go back to Porta Vista, use the only available PC in the house where you received the Tentacruel-quest, and remove whichever Pokemon you placed in Box 3. Tada!

Damn. Scared the sh*t outta me for a second. Thought I had to restarted the thing for the second time (I restarted the game after the Snorlax episode because I had evolved Bulbasaur and Squirtle, which would cause me to miss out some events, so :P). Anyway, it'd be cool if this game has an updated walkthrough guide, because the 3.6.1 guide wasn't completed. Thanks.

Edit:
On the other hand though, my lvl 29 Pikachu has stopped obeying me even though I've just gotten the lvl 50-commanding Rainbow badge...

Edit 2:
This hack is officially unplayable for me at this point... at least in terms of using Pikachu. He's... gone rogue, and all the hard work of restarting the game has gone down the drain. I won't be restarting the game a second time.

It's just kinda disappointing, really. I had such high expectations for the game, especially when I consider how enjoyable it is to revisit those nostalgic moments in the middle part of the game, with those 'filler episode' moments like Duplika's Ditto or the Cycling Road medicine trip. But time after time, there's just one unsolvable glitch after another.

Okay, granted, so there's only one glitch right now standing in my way. But seeing that I couldn't find any net results for solving a 'disobedient Pikachu' bug on Google search, this is just game-breaking for me, and it's both frustrating and devastating. Big Psyduck-headache indeed.

please give me a link where to download the game

Yeah, the trade evolutions were supposed to have changed to evolving with friendship.
At least, that's what these said:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8199554&highlight=kadabra#post8199554
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7940916&highlight=kadabra#post7940916

EDIT: Nevermind. I just used YAPE.

yep, that how they evolve in this hack, I've gotten their happiness up and they went and evolved, I tried it a different levels to make sure and same thing.

As for the pokemon league, you can also have Pidgeot instead of Pidgeotto and the event will still work

I've heard of some weird glitches that have happened such as certain poke not obeying but I've never experienced this myself, maybe that's why its taking a while before the next beta comes out? Metapod is probably working on ironing out the kinks.

remember this is still a work in progress so don't get angry if a glitch comes up for a project that isnt being made by professionals, this is a fantastic game

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2020
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but in regards to the game-breaking Saffron City glitch where the Team Rocket members are blocking your path to the city, the problem lies in you putting a Pokemon in Box 3! That's the box where all the Bad Eggs are. So the solution is simply go back to Porta Vista, use the only available PC in the house where you received the Tentacruel-quest, and remove whichever Pokemon you placed in Box 3. Tada!

Good thing you mention that, because I was about to replay and capturing more Pokémon, just for the heck of at least having a decent Pokédex.

Damn. Scared the sh*t outta me for a second. Thought I had to restarted the thing for the second time (I restarted the game after the Snorlax episode because I had evolved Bulbasaur and Squirtle, which would cause me to miss out some events, so :P). Anyway, it'd be cool if this game has an updated walkthrough guide, because the 3.6.1 guide wasn't completed. Thanks.

I don't think the guide will be updated anymore. Unless I missed something, it wasn't updated since a long time and didn't go further than the first episodes.

Edit:
On the other hand though, my lvl 29 Pikachu has stopped obeying me even though I've just gotten the lvl 50-commanding Rainbow badge...

That's strange, it never happened to me. Definitely a glitch. Did you move any bad egg ? They cause random glitches.

Edit 2:
This hack is officially unplayable for me at this point... at least in terms of using Pikachu. He's... gone rogue, and all the hard work of restarting the game has gone down the drain. I won't be restarting the game a second time.

It's normal at this point. Pikachu is supposed do be disobedient during the first episode. It will (normally) stop after the bike is struck by lightning.

It's just kinda disappointing, really. I had such high expectations for the game, especially when I consider how enjoyable it is to revisit those nostalgic moments in the middle part of the game, with those 'filler episode' moments like Duplika's Ditto or the Cycling Road medicine trip. But time after time, there's just one unsolvable glitch after another.

Okay, granted, so there's only one glitch right now standing in my way. But seeing that I couldn't find any net results for solving a 'disobedient Pikachu' bug on Google search, this is just game-breaking for me, and it's both frustrating and devastating. Big Psyduck-headache indeed.

Did you use the last patch on a clean ROM, or on the one you had already patched with the previous beta ?

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2020
Is this project still going on and progressing? :)

I'm sure it is, slowly, but surely. We're used to it now. That's not the fist time Metapod don't update for a long time. But when he will, you can be sure it will be with a new beta.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2020
What PKMNS you have to caugth in what part of game?

If your question was for me then it's simple. If a wild Pokémon doesn't have the Pokéball symbol, I try to catch it, like we all do in normal games. Following the anime doesn't mean I have to be as bad as Ash when it comes to catch pokémon.

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Following the anime doesn't mean I have to be as bad as Ash when it comes to catch pokémon.

That statement is the best thing I've read on this thread. All joking aside this is a great hack can't wait for the next update (not that it matters since I keep forgetting to save).

Back