• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What are you most looking forward to in Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver?

Best Reigon?

• Johto

Votes: 127 84.1%
  • Kanto

Votes: 24 15.9%

• Total voters

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Gold and Silver were by far the best Pokémon games. The chance to relive them in an updated manner only makes them better. I loved Johto, I loved Kanto, I loved 16 badges, and the Pokémon were original and fresh as opposed to RSE and DPPt. They had a darker and more ancient feel to them.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Johto, 16 badges, they are remakes of my first ever Pokemon game, Animated Gym Leaders/Rival, Best Rival ever (imo), ANY POKEMON CAN FOLLOW. I just love Johto and I've been wanting this remake for a long time. I can't wait to be called a "Johto Punk" again. ^_^

^That- i couldn't have said it any better

Years
  • Well, Crystal was the best Pokemon game ever, imo, closely followed by Silver (because of Lugia), then Gold. They were the best ones I've ever played, and I can't wait to get another chance to play through Johto again.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • Silver was my first Pokemon game, and none of the games since then have had the same impact or appeal for me. I have a lot of fond memories from the time in my life when I was playing Silver, such as trading and battling with my friends, one of whom became my best friend. Playing SoulSilver will allow me to relive those memories and hopefully forge new ones because of all the new features. I can't wait!

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Johto was the best region ever and these 2nd generation games are the best of the series according to most of the fans, and yes many people have been expecting this for quite a while now, i still remember the momment Firered and Leafgreen got released when i looked at my brother and told him that soon Gold/ Silver remakes are gonna come out XD, that just about it, i ll do anythin to get my feraligatr back :P...

DarkAbsolX

Pokemon World Champion 50Times
    Years
  • If it a pokemon game i buy it, no matter what version it is, i just like pokemon since my 6 years old :D, i have all the games less these 2, well i thnik i need to wait next year to buy Heart Gold AND Soul Silver...it is going to be like fire red and leaf green?? :S

ShinyGiratina

Distortion World's Guardian
    Years
  • Johto, 16 badges, they are remakes of my first ever Pokemon game, Animated Gym Leaders/Rival, Best Rival ever (imo), ANY POKEMON CAN FOLLOW. I just love Johto and I've been wanting this remake for a long time. I can't wait to be called a "Johto Punk" again. ^_^

I think that just about covers it. For me, anyway. Remakes are awesome, and if you're like me, you always have to get the new Pokemon game. No matter what lol.:P

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
  • I thought Johto was the best region. RSE and PDPL were let downs. Just playing Heart Gold will bring back memories (though i played silver version).

xMizuOokami

Message Me On Your Wii >
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    Well I think what caught me the most was PokeWalk, lol

But also, I really Really Really Liked Gold and Silver, I play ShinyGold, Beacause Of the memoryies lol!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'm buying it because it is a remake of an excellent game. =D

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    Me, I have a lot of fond memories of Silver. The fondest was how I got it. I had to have been 12 and I had strep throat during christmas and I had made a huge fuss over it. My dad felt bad for me so on xmas eve, he handed me a present and it wound up being Silver with the hope that I would be too distracted by the video game to be in pain and I'd pass out in two hours anyways. He wound up checking on me at three in the morning and I was still playing it. XD
    Why this is special is because on Dec 20, 2008, my dad passed away and I had already lost my copy of the game anyways. So I can replace it with a newer version. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Silver was always my favourite episode and the episode that i anticipated most when it was about to be released . I loved the day night change and how good the improved graphics were and I lvoed the cities and Pokémon to be found there and the fact that you were able to go to kanto again :). I was 15 when I bought it and the months before I saved all my pocket money just to be able to buy it .

Seeing that this all will be possible again I making me very happy :D especially since my old cartridges bttery ran ut and I sold my gameboy colour, so i only have a old scratched gameboy advance of the first generation which I bought at ebay in this state , so it is not easy to enjoy the game that dark.

I have seen now so many preview videos(at filb) of pokémon sunday that it looks like it is going to be awesome :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    1. Them being remakes of the best Pokemon games I played so far (which makes them THE best Pokemon game i'll play for a while).
    2. Them being a main game...? I mean, any fan of Pokemon since the beginning probably bought either RGBY, either GSC, either RSE, either FRLG and either DPP, what makes it different now...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2012
    I'm really looking forward to the touch-screen PC and Pokedex!
    It'll be a lot more convenient.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • I am looking forward to getting my Jumpluff again!
    I am also looking forward to the Kimono girls, and Ecruteak city!
    The music. The Dunsparce. The everything!

so so so so excited to relive the best pokemon games ever!

Back