• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
Pokemon Fire Red

Ok so I decided to play fire red on my tablet but these something annoying the hell out of me just take a look at this screen recording I captured. I can't move without an attack straight away it took me ages to get the pokedex and bring it back surely this cannot be right

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
How do you get the hacked games to work on android? I use to just download them but they dont have them any more and downloading them here does not work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
How do you get the hacked games to work on android? I use to just download them but they dont have them any more and downloading them here does not work?

Distributing or linking to ROMs is against our forum rules, so we provide patches (usually IPS or UPS) instead. You can use patching software to apply the patch on the clean ROM the hack is based on, and you're ready to play.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Ok so I decided to play fire red on my tablet but these something annoying the hell out of me just take a look at this screen recording I captured. I can't move without an attack straight away it took me ages to get the pokedex and bring it back surely this cannot be right

Check for any emulator settings that could speed the game up, or try a different emulator. It might just be that your tablet isn't good enough to run this, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 2, 2018
GBA4ios help please!!!

Hi guys, merry christmas! I use GBA4IOS to play rom hacks on my iPhone and can't find download links to some of the more popular ROM hacks (expert emerald, liquid crystal, pokemon resolute) those that i can find are usually white screens when i download them. I've read that you have to change your save file size and that will fix the issue but i don't have that option on my emulator. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! I've been trying all day and I'm getting discouraged

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 19, 2017
HELP! Problem With VBA

I have a problem when I'm losing my Pokemon Sapphire Rom on VBA-M on my mac. I don't know if there has been an update that stops me from using it on the mac but it's a problem because I'm planning on recording it on my youtube channel. I;ve uninstalled it and reinstalled it and used different versions and a different rom hack so am really confused as to what the problem is. If anyone can help then it'd be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Venom

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Hello :) trying to find emulator users to trade/battle

I'm not sure if it is okay to post things about emulators. I've read the Rules/FAQs and it wasn't really mentioned, so I assume it is okay? :)
As the title says, I'm looking for other users of android emulators who I can battle or trade with through wifi. (Yes, it is possible.)
I'm using the full version of MyBoy GBA Emulator and trying to complete the Pokedex for Emerald.

Please, don't judge me for using an emulator. Read my Bio first. :) thanks!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 2, 2021
so i've made a hack of crystal using the crystal dissassembly tool. how should i go about distributing it? if i can't link to the game itself, is there any other way to let people be able to play it?

EDIT: figured out how to use the lunar ips program. thanks regardless!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
transfer from heart gold to black with emulators

I recently wanted to play pokemon again but I sold me nintendo ds a few years ago. So i decided to use an emulator on my computer to see if i like the newer pokemon games (the last game i played was pearl). I tried out pokemon black and i really liked it but i was sad that i didn't have all the pokemon from the previous games anymore. That's why i started playing pokemon heart gold. But now i want to transfer the pokemon from heart gold to pokemon black but i don't know how to do this or if this is actually possible.

So my question is:

How can i transfer pokemon from Heart Gold to Black by using an emulator on my computer?

Years
I'm having this issue with my MacBook. Could anyone tell me why when I go to load a rom (both patched or original version) Visual Boy just quits unexpectedly? I'm thinking it's because Visual Boy is no longer compatible with OSX.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Where does the save file go?

When I save my game using Desmume emulator the game gets saved but it does not create a save file. I want to transfer pokemon from HG to Black but to do that I need to have the save file.

So my question is:

How can i get the save file?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Your previous post was moved because this is not the place to be asking questions about emulating and roms. Try looking around and finding more appropriate places to ask such questions next time.

Save files are saved in .dsv format in the Battery folder.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 26, 2016
I've downloaded multiple people's games and they've all shown up as 7zip files and I can't open any of them. I've tried every way I can think of and it's useless. What should I do?

Years
I've downloaded multiple people's games and they've all shown up as 7zip files and I can't open any of them. I've tried every way I can think of and it's useless. What should I do?
You mean the IPS patches, right? Either way, download a tool that can unzip things through your local app store.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 26, 2016
You mean the IPS patches, right? Either way, download a tool that can unzip things through your local app store.

I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Should I just send you the file and maybe you'll understand by looking at it?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today

If these are files ending with .7z (And it should if they are 7zipped), You should get 7zip from HERE, if you haven't already. To open a file with 7zip, you can right-click it, then click "7zip>Open Archive" (At least for Windows).
If these are files ending with .ips or .ups, these are patch files for ROMs. .ips is used with Lunar IPS and for .ups, I recommend NUPS.
If it's neither of these, what extension are you getting when you download the files?

Years
[Question] Trade Pokémon up generations by emulator?

I'm not sure if I have the right thread or not. I think it may be right.

If I am playing Pokémon Roms (not hacks) through an emulator
Such as Leaf Green for GBA with a GBA Emulator
Is it possible to trade pokemon from this generations using an emulator to the next generation
Such as Heartgold or Soul Silver for example
From FR/LG to HG/SS I know you can do it with the physical copies and hardware; original DS.
So not sure if there has been an emulator designed to compliment this feature like this as well.

Back