• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Perhaps Charizard gaining the Dragon-type and dropping the Flying-type was a substantial enough change to warrant a palette change, haha. I do like Charizard X's design but I feel it makes shiny Charizard a bit less special. Maybe if they made shiny Charizard X orange like a normal Charizard, things would feel a little better.

This is definitely true, but there are other Pokémon that gain type switches once they're done mega-evolving (Gyarados and Sceptile, for example, which transition into dark and dragon respectively), but we don't usually see them getting such a major aesthetic change afterward. They do gain some new body features here and there, but don't get any color swap, unfortunately. Anyhow, its shiny form being orange does sound like a good trade-off! Would have been nice if it were the case, haha.

Speaking of Charizard, I wonder if they're going to give it another mega-form at some point in future, specifically in a game related to Kanto? I understand it's already got two, but I don't believe it would necessarily hurt to introduce another. It would be advantageous, rather, especially considering how popular it is among casual fans. Arguably, it's almost as popular as their own mascot, Pikachu.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • This is definitely true, but there are other Pokémon that gain type switches once they're done mega-evolving (Gyarados and Sceptile, for example, which transition into dark and dragon respectively), but we don't usually see them getting such a major aesthetic change afterward. They do gain some new body features here and there, but don't get any color swap, unfortunately. Anyhow, its shiny form being orange does sound like a good trade-off! Would have been nice if it were the case, haha.

Speaking of Charizard, I wonder if they're going to give it another mega-form at some point in future, specifically in a game related to Kanto? I understand it's already got two, but I don't believe it would necessarily hurt to introduce another. It would be advantageous, rather, especially considering how popular it is among casual fans. Arguably, it's almost as popular as their own mascot, Pikachu.

O_O Three Mega Charizards? That'd be a bit much if you ask me. I have high doubts about that.

I do have to agree with the lack of Shiny Charizard being special. I think they tried to sell out on black Charizard being so popular that they wanted everyone to have access to one easily, so they did that. Just how it looks to me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It would indeed be a bit too much, yeah, haha. Though, I'm not sure if much fans would mind. Also, I believe it would be pretty cool if they had given us explanation to almost each and every mega-evolution they have introduced so far, including Mega-Charizard X. For those of us who are not particularly fond of its design, it would be easier to accept if we had learned as to how it gets its entire body-color changed after mega-evolving.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    If there were three mega Charizards... well, that'd be interesting to say the least. It's already hitting the limit by having two forms, three is going borderline overkill. =P

The thing is, how is it even so artificial-looking in the first place? It goes from completely orange or gold in the case of the shiny form to an ashy black with red/blue wings. I can associate the black with some form of volcanic dust but otherwise it's quite confusing and just a 'whoooa what' sort of thing when it comes to Charizard. I'd rather have the shiny form stay the way it is and maybe Charizard X change because having two similar designs for different purposes is just boring and should be changed up a bit.

Black Charizard is popular so I can see why they'd try to open the options up of getting one but Mega Charizard X and its shiny form are just too similar for my liking. ;v;

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Throwing it back to an old remake with this one...

Spoiler:

Ho-oh!

Crystal Pokédex: It will reveal itself before a pure-hearted trainer by shining its bright rainbow-colored wings.

I was always a Lugia fan growing up and didn't care much for Ho-oh. I still like Lugia, that is no different, but Ho-oh has grown on me quite a bit lately, especially after seeing this:

ho-oh.gif

That has to be one of my favorite game sprites. Oh, and Sacred Fire is pretty cool too I suppose.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Throwing it back to an old remake with this one...

Spoiler:

Ho-oh!

Crystal Pokédex: It will reveal itself before a pure-hearted trainer by shining its bright rainbow-colored wings.

I was always a Lugia fan growing up and didn't care much for Ho-oh. I still like Lugia, that is no different, but Ho-oh has grown on me quite a bit lately, especially after seeing this:

ho-oh.gif

That has to be one of my favorite game sprites. Oh, and Sacred Fire is pretty cool too I suppose.

I love ho beautiful and powerful haha but what i never got was why lugia was water and psychic while ho oh was fire and flying kinda didnt match up but still theyre both pretty powerful eventhough lugia beats him with punishment it can take a lot of powerful damage. This is one of my fav pics of him :)
    Spoiler:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Hi all fire type fan club members let's talk about pur favourite fire type from sinnoh region, mine is infernape, cause it was starter and it was a good in killing two of the e4s in sinnoh league

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I love ho beautiful and powerful haha but what i never got was why lugia was water and psychic while ho oh was fire and flying kinda didnt match up but still theyre both pretty powerful eventhough lugia beats him with punishment it can take a lot of powerful damage. This is one of my fav pics of him :)
    Spoiler:

Man, that's a good piece of art, nice pick. Lugia is Psychic/Flying, but is called the kind of the sea. Not sure why they didn't make it Water/Flying, but whatever. Ho-oh is the master of the Legendary Beasts, while Lugia is the master of the Legendary Birds in Kanto.

Years
  • Name: MG De Villiers
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Reshiram and Delphox
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Cause they are super cool and are my most favourite of all types in the games.
    Answer to current topic: ( Pokemon of the week Ho-oh) Ho-oh has been one of the coolest legendary types of all times, its story is still a mystery for me as I haven't watched of anime and I haven't played either hg or ss. But its strong and good to use in the games after you catch it , its also a flying type so removes the ground type disadvantage

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: MG De Villiers
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Reshiram and Delphox
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Cause they are super cool and are my most favourite of all types in the games.
    Answer to current topic: ( Pokemon of the week Ho-oh) Ho-oh has been one of the coolest legendary types of all times, its story is still a mystery for me as I haven't watched of anime and I haven't played either hg or ss. But its strong and good to use in the games after you catch it , its also a flying type so removes the ground type disadvantage

Welcome! You haven't played HG/SS?! Get on it! :P They're great games and give you a bit more of Ho-oh's pretty cool backstory.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Welcome MG De Villiers!

I love Ho-oh as well! I think all the theories/back stories surrounding Ho-oh are what makes it such an interesting legendary compared to most. I remember the theory about Ho-oh reviving Ash or something along those lines in the first few episodes of the anime? In which it was revealed a generation early but regardless, that was pretty cool. I don't think Lugia got its debut till Pokemon 2000 but I could be wrong on that one as its been ages since I've seen anything related to the anime. ;v;

Does anyone else think it's pretty colourful with the rainbow-y sort of feeling from its spread out wings? Ultimately though, I think the top things about Ho-oh would definitely come down to its design, battle theme and power. I guess most legendaries fit under the three mentioned previously but Ho-oh definitely does it well.

Years
  • Name: Rankumander
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Typhlosion and Entei
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Fire types can quickly KO their opponents, and the designs of Fire Pokemon are always appealing. Besides that, I like fire in general for video games.
    Answer to current topic: Ho-oh is beautiful! The color scheme is wonderful. I prefer it over Lugia.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome to the club, Ranku; we're glad to have you with us!

What interests me regarding Entei is its back-story regarding Unown and whatnot; it was supposedly a human before, but was turned into Pokémon thanks to them. There's another myth regarding Entei as well, saying that it was once Flareon, which had gotten mutated.

As for Ho-Oh, it relates to Entei's second story, in a way; when the Flareon was in danger inside Burned Tower (alongside Vaporeon and Jolteon), this Pokémon had used some of its mystical powers to rescue it. This powers, somehow, had an effect on Flareon, causing it to tranform (or forcefully evolve, I suppose?). It's interesting, really.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I loved the Spell of Unown. <3 It had some of the best 'dem feels' moments that a pokemon movie could have. I've watched it by myself, with family and also with people from PC. Admittedly, I might of flicked back to it more than I would of wanted but it's still pretty good and definitely worth the watch!

Onto the actual subject of Entei though, I think what's interesting about it is that it gives us evidence that ghost pokemon aren't the only ones who are suggested to have a previous human form. While I find it weird to think the well-known fire legendary is possibly a human, it's pretty interesting knowing that the idea applies to other types as well. My assumption was that only pokemon such as Yamask were related to humans.

As for the legendary trio, I don't think they're based off the Eeveelutions actually. Maybe it was possible that Gamefreak intentionally designed the legendary beasts this way but at best they'd be relatives or ancestors/descendants of each other. At least that's what I think! The story to support it could work but I'm not really sure that they are actually the mutated Eeeveelutions.

But since we were just recently on the topic of pokemon movies, what if they were to create a Ho-oh movie in the future? Maybe it's a bit late seeing as Pokemon: 2000 which revolved around Lugia was released fourteen years ago but what do you guys think would be in it if one was released? Do you think they should of made one earlier to counterpart with 2000 or not?

And jumping back to the theories of eeveelutions and beasts, how do you guys feel about Flareon? I feel like most people pass it up or tend to think of Vaporeon or Jolteon more. Have you guys ever used one and if so, when?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Rankumander
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Typhlosion and Entei
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Fire types can quickly KO their opponents, and the designs of Fire Pokemon are always appealing. Besides that, I like fire in general for video games.
    Answer to current topic: Ho-oh is beautiful! The color scheme is wonderful. I prefer it over Lugia.

Welcome! Ho-oh is pretty majestic, I must say. As far as all this Entei talk, I thought it was one of the three Pokémon that perished in the Brass Tower that Ho-oh revived? That is where the Eeveelution theory comes in.

And jumping back to the theories of eeveelutions and beasts, how do you guys feel about Flareon? I feel like most people pass it up or tend to think of Vaporeon or Jolteon more. Have you guys ever used one and if so, when?

I don't think I ever used one, if I did it was in Red/Blue and I haven't had either of those games in a VERY long time. It usually gets left out because people use Charizard, Arcanine, or Ninetales while Vaporeon and Jolteon are better for their respective types. That's how I view it anyway.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'd have to agree with you there. It's a great pokemon design-wise but I feel like it's way outclassed by all the other mons of its generation. One of them is a starter, one of them has a title of being a 'legendary' and the other's just a very well-loved pokemon by most fans for its elegant and sleek design. Flareon's cool too with its rabbit-like design but I think most people decide to go for better alternatives since its been voted as 'the worst eeveelution by most pokemon fans' (according to some forum post that I can't remember).

How do you guys feel about this? If you agree, what do you think they could do to perhaps buff Flareon? Personally, I'd give it more physical STAB attacks so it can get a bit more power in battle while maybe buffing up its defense or mobility for respective reasons. And maybe while I'm at it, I'll try using a Flareon myself next time its available! I'm gonna miss using Arcanine but we'll see how it goes. ;v;

Years
  • Name: User 101
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Emboar of course, and Mega Charizard Y
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I find Fire to be the best starter type because so many Fire types have amazing sweep potential and raw designs. Plus, we're talking about fire, and fire is always cool.
    Answer to current topic: I don't like Ho-Oh as much as Reshiram, but I did use it on my old Black 2 Ubers team. (White Kyurem was also a member of that team.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Flareon is a rather cute Pokémon in my eyes; had I lived in Pokémon world, I would have no trouble having it as a pet!

However, when it comes to battling and whatnot, it isn't as great as some other Eeveelutions seem to be; Vaporeon's a heavy wall, Espeon could bounce non-damaging moves back, Umbreon makes a good Baton Passer, Jolteon is quite speedy and is able to absorb electric-type hits, and so forth. Flareon's good in terms of offensive, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have access to much attacks to take advantage of it, nor does it have enough Speed.

If they are to give the Eeveelutions some mega-forms in future, I'm definitely looking forward to the one of Flareon! This would be their opportunity to make things right for this Pokémon, I believe; if they decide to give it access to more moves, as well as advance its Speed, Defense, and Special Defense slightly, I feel it would sky-rocket in terms of popularity. Haha.

Back