• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If past you saw your desktop today?

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
  • Surprisingly, it wouldn't look all that different. Stylistically, it's rather similar and still quite minimal, with only some details of which software being used are different.

I guess my past self would be happy to have been able to recognise his future desktop background.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I joined PC about 3 years ago when I had just turned 15, which isn't as large a timeframe as most of you guys have had. Even so though, past me from then would be amazed at the fact that I have two computers, neither of which I share. "So what if one's a Vista!" He would probably be surprised that I have even less folders on my desktop(s) than I did, along with the fact that I finally got Civ5 and Minecraft xD. Also I am sure that past me would be annoyed that I have the hidden Taskbar function on, and then compromise when I would reply "it makes the wallpaper look better"

As for how he would feel about how I post on PC, he would be ecstatic that I can properly spell and form sentences. Along with the fact that I made my own avitar and signature, I would have never done that back then.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would probably fret about the nerdy background wallpaper I currently use and wonder how I could dare to have something like that. What if somebody else sees and thinks you're a dork?? Yes. They do see, and I am a dork, and that's perfectly fine now. Poor past me haha.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think, probably the past me would think, "Wow, it's so cool! Where do I get one of these wallpapers? I miss some folders inside of Desktop, though."

The last part was 'cos I was putting many files inside of a folder in the Desktop as one of my main hubs back in the day.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    The past me wouldn't be phased one bit, since the past me has the same desktop background around the time I joined PC. But, then again, I signed up a month ago, so...

Bay

Years
  • "Oh cool you're still into Pokemon. Not only that, you branched out playing other games too. You're also still writing but not as much Pokemon as before ,when will you get back writing Pokemon." Past me would be like that I think, lol.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    let's seee, I joined in 2007

When I was 17 I was really into music, so I'll be very happy that I have Fruityloops Studio installed. Actually would be really proud of myself.

My wallpaper..So I still find Anime girls cute...but why is there a Tea set next to her..I hate hot drinks, and I don't like tea very much.

Mozilla firefox, and google Chrome...so you stopped taking sides haha.

Pokemon TCG online...i thought you liked Yugioh better?

Foobar? what happened to winamp?

Photoshop: My dude <3 forever photoshop love.

What's with all the japanese music, i thought you was a reggae dancehall only lover xD

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • Well, I'll compare myself to about 6 - 8 years ago since I only joined a couple of months ago. Albeit, my self from two months ago would have fixed it all, and funny enough, I was just going to do that, when I found this thread. Anyway:

Old me: "Where the heck is the wallpaper dude? Like, why is the screen all black?"
    New me: "Well, I had a wall paper a week or two ago. I removed it for a video..."
    Old me: "Whatever. I'm guessing that organization thing never worked out, considering it looks a mess?"
    New me: "N-no, I had it cleaned up a couple of days ago..."
    Old me: "Right, right. Sure buddy. Well, I gotta go back to wasting my life and complaining about middle school, so bye you (insert curse words here)."
    New me: "Bye you little punk."
    Old me: "Also, how did you get Photoshop? Copying it from the school computers didn't work... Whats "QBittorrent"? Is that an Adobe Flash extension???" Weird stuff on there. What happened to VBScript? What's a Git?"
    New me: "HAHAHA, leave now little punk, I'm not telling. >:)"
    Old me: "More stupid curses."

And yeah, I actually spent time making a narrative on this, hahaha.

Back