• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Buzzy // Electabuzz
Spr_1b_125.png

Level; 25.
Quick Attack.
Leer.
Thunderpunch.
Headbutt.

-Beat the Rockets in Slowpoke well.
-Beat Bugsy
View attachment 61732
-Beat Gold (Rival)
View attachment 61733
-Caught Oddish for Cut/Flash
View attachment 61734
-Beat Whitney
View attachment 61735

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Region: Kanto
Game: FireRed
Pokemon: Shuckle

These will be supremely long and hard... especially when facing Lorelei -_-

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
Well, I was going to put Update 3 here, but I was on a very long plane ride and I've done so much. I have very little time to post this before I have to go somewhere, so...

Basically, I've beaten Ghetsis and am at the Abundant Shrine at the moment. Crim is level 87.

MotherPunker970

Volcano Bakemeat FTW!
Years
ok,i wanna sign up for the challenge,i would go for the ultimate,but i have no time really,so im just gonna go for fire red/leaf green solo run.the pokemon im gonna use is probably gonna be one of the starters,probably blastoise,ill post a picture of blastoise alone in hall of fame when i finish the challenge,which i should finish in about 5-7 days...
UPDATE!!!
just finished fuchia city gym with my blastoise(hydro lvl 67),im doing this faster than expected,one question though-do i have to beat the elite 4 and blue the 2nd time for it to count?or can i just beat them the first time and finish the challenge?also,when i finish the playthrough,ill post all the pictures of me beating gym leaders and elite 4 and blue...

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
Ok dokey, finally got some time on my hands, so I'm gonna ditch my run of Soul Silver, and start an Ultimate challenge using Cyndaquil.

Games will be FireRed-Crystal-Ruby-Platinum-Black.

And I'll be starting soon. Screenshots will be posted.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
UPDATE:
pokemonfirered03.png

Let it be known for the record, I now hate Rock Tomb.

UPDATE:
pokemonfirered04.png

Let it also be known for the record, I now hate Water Pulse......and Recover.....and being Confused.....And Critical Hits.....And Super Potions.

FINAL UPDATE TODAY:
pokemonfirered05.png

I'm pretty over leveled at this point, but whatever.

Last edited:

MotherPunker970

Volcano Bakemeat FTW!
Years
Challenge:Beaten!

Finished the game,and got the pictures,but ive gotta have 15 posts on the website to post pictures links from my other site's account.That is some nice ******** right there...

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
Ok, heres the deal. So I got up to Erika's gym when I decided to save, little did I know pressing F1 LOADS, not saves.

To make a short frustrating story shorter, I now have no badges and have a level 6 Cyndauil, so to save doing it all again I'm going to skip onto Crystal.

Obviously, the Ultimate Challenge is pretty Void now. But I was just doing it for fun anyway so whatever.

I'll post my first update from Johto later.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I'll be doing both Emerald and SoulSilver at the same time. :D

For Emerald, I'll be taking Sceptile (starting with Treecko, obviously), and for SoulSilver I'll hack a wild Absol to catch and get rid of the starter.

EDIT

Started SoulSilver between posting and turning in for the night. After getting Cyndaquil, I pulled out the Wild Pokémon Modifier and caught myself a level 5 Absol (nicknamed Sol right now) before I was taught how to catch Pokémon. I saved between meeting Mr. Pokémon and having my first battle with Silver.

EDIT2

Got Emerald started, and Sceptile the Treecko is now level 7 after kicking May's can.

Last edited:
Years
Hey (: I'd really like to do this , am I allowed? Anyway I'm going to do it on FireRed with the starters!
First I'd like to do Squirtle (: I'm going to evolve these pokemon, is that alright?
Then Bulbasaur
Then Charamander

I don't know if I'm accepted but I made a log anyway! Here goes nothin'!

Found myself staring into the television :o Again! Was called by the professor when I tried to escape Pallet town! He kindly gave me Hydro my loving Squirtle which my adventure depends on. Shortly after , his stupid grandson challenged me and was pawned by my utter awsomeness , although he had two crits >_>' I am very unlucky. Soon I set off to Route One, murdering poor Rattatas along the way. Met a very nice lady who presented me with a potion! YES! Grew to Level 7 and learnt bubblebeam!
Then arrived at Viridian Town and saved (:

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Well, I'm back again to start the final leg of my Nidoking solo run, after moving into my dorm and starting my freshman year. I made quite a bit of progress unannounced here, and I'm already past five gyms and going through Chargestone Cave right now. Pretty crazy stuff. Anyways, just thought I'd drop in and update while I have the chance.

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2012
Ahhhh, I remember a while back I did this, did it wrong because I thought I was too cool for grindan', began again and just stopped. That was with Steve the Metagross.

I have decided I will begin anew, only this time -- with a PIDGEOT. Named Tim. Erm... I will do the ultimate run, minus Gen V, because I really don't want to try to find a B/W rom. And then have it run slower than the speed of smell. I'll do... LeafGreen, Gold, Emerald, and Pearl.

I'm starting with LeafGreen, with Tim the Pidgeot. Sign me up guise!

Toodles.

Last edited:

<- heracross ftw!
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2012
*WARNING*
This is a monster update, and it has my whole LeafGreen run with Tim the Pidgeot on it. Monster as in it's really big.​

Spoiler:

- A final look at Tim -
FinalTim1.png
FinalTim2.png
FinalTim3.png

Other mentions...​
HM 1 -- Wartortle -- level 20
- Surf
- Water Gun
- Bite
- I don't even know...

HM 2 -- Meowth -- level 10
- Flash
- Bite
- I don't even know...

HM 3 -- Snorlax -- level 30
- Stregnth
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- I don't even know...

TheEnd.png

- "The End?!" I don't think so. I still have three regions to go!!

END OF KANTO SOLO RUN. STARTING GOLD SOLO RUN

Last edited:

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
Years
Hm... Has anyone tried it with Magikarp? :D

I'll be doing this in FireRed with Pidgey (unevolved solo run yay). I hope it's okay that I hacked the game to get Pidgey as a starter instead of Charmander. :)

My first challenge, yay!

<- heracross ftw!
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2012

I'll be doing this in FireRed with Pidgey (unevolved solo run yay). I hope it's okay that I hacked the game to get Pidgey as a starter instead of Charmander. :)

My first challenge, yay!

:O That's hardcore, dude. it was hard enough with Pidgeot for me. Good luck dude. That's going to be insane.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
Years
:O That's hardcore, dude. it was hard enough with Pidgeot for me. Good luck dude. That's going to be insane.
Nothing is impossible! I almost beat Brock already. :o But, "almost". :( At least Pidgey can learn some moves faster than Pidgeotto and Pidgeot.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years

My first challenge, yay!

Actually, yes, someone has tried and succeeded at a Magikarp solo run. Feast your eyes on this post:

Pokemon ruby
4/22/11
Start challenge, beat rival, caught magikarp (lvl 2) (solo pokemon.) (hacked so that magikarp appears in poute 101 so I can catch and use it for the challenge, then hacked it so that all pokemon on route 101 are lvl 10 magikarp.)
Sped trained magikarp using mudkip, currently magikarp is lvl 11, been to routes 101, 102, and 103.
Caught 2 zigzagoons (pickup ability – rare candies. Fingers crossed.) Magikarp ended day at lvl 11.
4/23/11
Caught another zigzagoon.
Magikarp lvl 15, learned tackle.
Magikarp evolved using 2 rare candies.
Gotten 10+ nuggets from pickup, and other misc items from the pickup ability.
Got hm 01.
Beat Roxanne, got 1st badge.
Beat brawly, got knuckle badge.
Beat may, got itemfinder.
Beat Watson, got 3rd badge.
Gave exp share to zigzagoon 1 to get it to evo and to get it to be able to use strength.
Taught linoone strength, rock break, and cut.
Beat team magma at the mountain.
Beat flannery and got 4th badge.
Beat norman, got 5th badge.
Taught gyarados surf.
Turned off generator.
Beat team magma at the weather research center.
Beat rival with lvl 54 gyarados.
Beat winona, got 6th badge.
Chased the blue and red orbs.
Had the sub stolen then got the masterball while beating the magma base.
Beat the twins, got 7th gym.
Gyarados ended day at lvl 63.
4/24/2011
Caught a tentacool, taught it dive.
Currently 6 pokemon on team, will retire one zigzagoon when at next pokemon center.
Found team magma at the caves, wingul evolved.
Fought maxie, won.
Caught groudon with a pokeball. (yes, a pokeball, not a great, ultra or masterball, but a pokeball.)
Beat wallance, got 8th badge.
Beat wally before exiting the victory road cave.
Gyarados ended day at level 74.
4/25/2011
Beat elite four, used 2 ethers, 20 full restores, 1 hyper potion.
Gyarados is level 77.
Only gyarados was used to beat elite four, full team was gyarados, linoone, pelipper and tentacool.

Unfortunately, it seems as if myrrhman hasn't noticed and didn't add him to the list of champions.

Also, as a miscellaneous note, the tool in this thread is very useful for anyone trying to do solo runs in the fifth generation on a ROM. It's a starter changer for Black and White, so you can edit your ROMs and make the starter whatever Pokemon you want. Just figured this might help people wanting to solo Gen 5 with non-Gen 5 Pokemon. It's what I'm using to get Metagross, Nidoking, and Zangoose into my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back