• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2013
    Hi, il be using the fully evolved versions of either:
    Torchic or : Torchic
    Froakie Chespin
    Bulbesaur Squirtle
    Mawile Mawile
    Helicoptile Helicoptile
    Pangoro Pangoro

One of these will be my competitive teams, but i will replace some as new pokemon are announced

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    My planned team is similar to Kenzen's (the first four being the same). Also we don't have to worry much about ground as much as two of them (Charizard and Talonflame) are Fire/Flying. Now Rock is a bigger worry but Blaziken can cover for that. Water on the other hand will be tough. So I need a Grass type, most likely I'll go with Gogoat as it's my favorite grass type this generation (other than Chespin), in order to cover for that.

well my choises are never based tactically but over fovorism, but helioptiles electricity would help with water

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    Froakie (Final Evo)
    Honeedge
    Chespin (Final Evo, And If I can, I'm gonna get all 3 starters on my game, just because)
    Fenekkin
    Squirtle.

I still have one slot, probaly gonna be a legendary, but im not sure yet.

I hate to judge but really? 4 starters? Dont you want a little variety I mean wow..

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • As of right now...
    213px-009Blastoise.png
    290px-Noivern.png
    230px-470Leafeon.png

Edit: I'm actually considering this bad ass instead of Noivern..
    300px-Talonflame.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • I decided that I won't plan a team out in advance since the bank and transfer service won't be out until months after I get the game. I don't know which pokémon will be readily available yet. For now, I know I'll have Fennekin and Bulbasaur. I love that little Helioptile pokémon but he may not be easy to get early on.

Years
  • I'm going to post my updates, I confirmed Bulbasaur to take my Grass slot.

- Froakie
    - Bulbasaur
    - Random Fire Pokemon
    - Flying-type
    - Some wildcard
    - Another wildcard

Still waiting for more to be revealed lol.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I'm going to post my updates, I confirmed Bulbasaur to take my Grass slot.

- Froakie
    - Bulbasaur
    - Random Fire Pokemon
    - Flying-type
    - Some wildcard
    - Another wildcard

Still waiting for more to be revealed lol.
    lol. It's the same for me except that I know Blaziken is my fire type. All this recent news on X and Y completely destroyed my previous team plan.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    y u peeple no like flabebe

Can't decide between Fennekin and Chespin, since I do want to use Talonflame.

240px-Flab%C3%A9b%C3%A9.png
    230px-Spritzee.png
    300px-Talonflame.png
    290px-Noivern.png

Years
  • y u peeple no like flabebe

Can't decide between Fennekin and Chespin, since I do want to use Talonflame.

240px-Flab%C3%A9b%C3%A9.png
    230px-Spritzee.png
    300px-Talonflame.png
    290px-Noivern.png

I am seriously considering Flabebe contingent upon whether or not it gains a dual typing of fairy-grass upon evolution, which seems 'fairy'ly reasonable :p

If so, I might do:
    Flabebe, Fennekin, Skrelp, Helioptile, Swirlix, Vivillion
    OR
    Flabebe, Litleo, Skrelp/Froakie, Helioptile, Swirlix, Vivillion

If not, I might do:
    Chespin, Litleo, Skrelp, Helioptile, Swirlix, Vivillion
    New grass pokemon, Fennekin/Litleo, Skrelp, Helioptile, Swirlix, Vivillion

Though, I am open to change some of these if I encounter a new Kalos Pokemon that conflicts with the typings I already have. Plus, Vivillion is at the bottom of the totem pole among the three non-elemental triad pokemon. Swirlix and Helioptile are pretty much stationary! They are by far my two favorites!

And...yes, I realize Skrelp and Swirlix are version exclusives :(
    I may need to trade early on, unless they reveal a more suitable water pokemon...fingers crossed!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I am planning to simply destroy everything in sight with the final evo of either Fennekin or Froakie until I can get Yveltal. I'll probably use some others as fillers like that dark/fighting panda but I doubt that I will be using them much. I also wanted to get the events at first but I lost interest after a while.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2019
    How can anyone NOT choose a 6'11" monster panda ?
    My team :
    Froakie
    Pangoro
    Noivern
    Gogoat
    Talonflame
    Sylveon

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    How can anyone NOT choose a 6'11" monster panda ?
    I may use it if Froakie doesn't get the Fighting typing.

Alternatively, I could get both games, pick Froakie in one, Fennekin in the other, and slap Pangoro on my Fennekin team.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    First play through:

Chespin, Torchic, Squirtle, Inkay, and then for the final 2 I need Poison, Fairy, Electric, and Flying, so I'll have to see what Pokemon qualify.

Possibly Dedenne & Zubat but I'll need to know if Dedenne evolves (probably not) or if it can be useful in battle.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Things have changed and I may or may not be getting both Pokemon Y and X. If my sister doesn't decide to pick up my Pokemon Y and play it herself (note that I will allow her to do so) then I don't have to limit myself to six Pokemon. And even if she does pick it up I can just restrict myself a little and not use any of the Pokemon she decides to use. But this is only if I get both X and Y. Either way, I still don't really have an idea of what I'll have on my team other then the fact that I've decided to get Froakie as my starter and I have some ideas of Pokemon to use on my team if nothing else. But what I do know is that I will not be using my kanto starter or Torchic as I want to use Kalos Pokemon for my first playthrough.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Okay definitely getting Amarusu. ADORABLE AND ICE/ROCK

corocoro9137.jpg

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Could the new cats be something like Nidoran ? Both having different look depending on the gender but also different evolution ?

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I'm not really sure yet, because I don't even have a 3DS >n< but there are some Pokemon I really like so far. . . So if or when I do get a 3DS I would probably pick these Pokemon.

Fennekin as my starter. Helioptile is ADORABLE, I love lizards. . . Same for Inkay but my love of squids (plus it's Dark AND Psychic!). And Nyaonikusu. I love cats. Then there's Sylveon. I like to have an Eevee-evolution in my teams, at least one, and since Sylveon is pink there's a chance I might pick it, but I'm not really sure if I like Fairy type yet. I've kind of tossed the idea around of having a team made up of Pokemon that are all pink, but not I'm not so sure now. . . I'm really not sure about anything yet haha.

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • None of these new Pokemon are appealing to me. :|
    Besides Noviern and Talonflame.. idk I'll probably just have a team mixed of past gen PKMN.

Back