• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Gengar and DIANCIE at Gamestop/EB Games

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    gah. idk what to think. i tried getting the heracrossite at my local gamestop and they didn't have it. D: and i really wanna get my hands on the legendary too. but i heard that with the last event going on, gamestop was making people preorder oras in order to get the codes. you guys think that could happen?
    They got the event details completely wrong. Someone complained loudly about it and the associates walked over, gave people in the group codes, and left it at that.

I'm surprised Nintendo is doing more events there after the mixup last time over the event.

In other words, with some locations, it was more about corporate greed. I hope those got reported in every case.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hope the Diancie is at a lower level. I hate getting events that are 50 and above, especially 100. I mean...I can't do anything with that. lol I'm not a competitive person, so getting my Pokemon to 100 isn't really important. I just like being able to actually use my Pokemon and I don't really enjoy doing that when they're as high as they can go. Liberty Victini was perfect. You could go catch it in whatever ball you wanted and it was level 15. Do that again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I hope the Diancie is at a lower level. I hate getting events that are 50 and above, especially 100. I mean...I can't do anything with that. lol I'm not a competitive person, so getting my Pokemon to 100 isn't really important. I just like being able to actually use my Pokemon and I don't really enjoy doing that when they're as high as they can go. Liberty Victini was perfect. You could go catch it in whatever ball you wanted and it was level 15. Do that again.

Diancie is at level 50, Gengar is at level 25: http://www.serebii.net/games/currentevents.shtml

Years
  • I hope all these Pinsir/Heracross, Shiny Gengar, and Diancie events come to Europe to, because it kinda sucks that we always have to wait so long and miss on half of the cool events :'(

I'm pretty sure Australia and Europe will get a Diancie event soon, most likely similar to the one that is being discussed in this thread. It would be a pretty dumb choice to leave those players out on getting a chance to get the Diancite in OR/AS when they come out.

I hope the Diancie is at a lower level. I hate getting events that are 50 and above, especially 100. I mean...I can't do anything with that. lol I'm not a competitive person, so getting my Pokemon to 100 isn't really important. I just like being able to actually use my Pokemon and I don't really enjoy doing that when they're as high as they can go. Liberty Victini was perfect. You could go catch it in whatever ball you wanted and it was level 15. Do that again.

This I agree with. The Victini event for B/W was a perfect example of getting a Legendary at a decent enough level so that you can actually use it in a playthrough. And I know how you feel because I'm not much of a competitive person myself. Kinda sad there has never been a similar type of event ever again.

But yeah, I'm hoping the Diancie can be Level 15 so that those planning to use it can use it in a regular playthrough.

Edit: Wait it's Level 50... guess that means disappointment then.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure Australia and Europe will get a Diancie event soon, most likely similar to the one that is being discussed in this thread. It would be a pretty dumb choice to leave those players out on getting a chance to get the Diancite in OR/AS when they come out.

This I agree with. The Victini event for B/W was a perfect example of getting a Legendary at a decent enough level so that you can actually use it in a playthrough. And I know how you feel because I'm not much of a competitive person myself. Kinda sad there has never been a similar type of event ever again.

But yeah, I'm hoping the Diancie can be Level 15 so that those planning to use it can use it in a regular playthrough.

Edit: Wait it's Level 50... guess that means disappointment then.

More like Genesect, as we needed to capture Victini, while Genesect was given out (by Wi-Fi) for B2W2.

Seems whoever is in charge of the events is getting worse at making them...

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I'm actually really excited for this. I think it does really suck for those without access to it, though. I don't love the fact that you have to get the code, but my Gamestop had the Heracross/Pinsir Mega Stone events, so I'm hoping that means they should have these ones? I went and picked mine up a few hours after they opened, they hadn't run out yet. I didn't think they would have, I live in a small enough town that I don't think I really have that to fear even if I wait until a little later in the day.

I've been wanting a Shiny Gengar since the AMAZING look it takes after mega evolving! T-T It's so preeeettty. Ugh. I've been excitedly anticipating Diancie since I heard about it, of course. Yeah. Cool stuff.

Years
  • Newsflash: It has been revealed these events are coming to Europe as well!

Following yesterdays US reveal, it has been announced that two distribution events are coming to the UK this October in GAME stores. From October 15th to November 5th, you'll be able to obtain a Serial Code to receive a special Shiny Gengar at GAME Stores. This Gengar comes holding the Gengarite and matches the event being held in Japan later this month, and is to tie in with the upcoming TCG set, Phantom Forces.
    Next, from November 6th to November 28th, you'll be able to get a Serial Code to receive the Mythical Pokémon, Diancie. As known, this Diancie can only be obtained through this event and, when traded to Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, gives you the Diancite item to Mega Evolve it into Mega Diancie
    Edit @ 14:25: It is also available in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, The Netherlands & Italy at the same time, but details are not known.

(credit goes to Serebii)

So, that's good to hear the Europeans will have a chance to get a shiny Gengar and Diancie as well. Now to wait for the Australian leg of this event to get announced... because leaving out Australian Pokefans will be total stupidity.

Years
  • Looks like I'll be making a few trips into town over October and November, since I have 3 copies of X and Y (2 X and 1 Y) I'm assuming I'll need to get 3 codes each time? I'll probably give away my two extra shiny Gengars (With the Gengarite) and Diancies to people who missed the events (or Australians if they don't get the events :3 ) if I get extra codes... Now I need to think of how I will actually get those extra codes...

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Happy about the UK announcement. I've never went in and asked for a serial code before so that'll be a new experience. There's actually two or three GAMEs within walking distance of my house so if all goes well I could try going into the others and get an extra Diancie

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Canada and EB Games have not been announced yet AFAIK. That said, I contacted Nintendo in Canada today to implore them not to make the mistake they made by restricting distribution to a newsletter for the Mega Stones by bundling them into a spam e-mail.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    Canada and EB Games have not been announced yet AFAIK. That said, I contacted Nintendo in Canada today to implore them not to make the mistake they made by restricting distribution to a newsletter for the Mega Stones by bundling them into a spam e-mail.

what exactly did they say in your conversation? ughhh so frustrating being a canadian pokemon player seeing how EB games is owned by game stop yet there isn't equal distribution of events to canada......like seriously you cant give eb games the download code, but still involve canadian players through that obscure pokemon center spam email? wtfffffrage

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    what exactly did they say in your conversation? ughhh so frustrating being a canadian pokemon player seeing how EB games is owned by game stop yet there isn't equal distribution of events to canada......like seriously you cant give eb games the download code, but still involve canadian players through that obscure pokemon center spam email? wtfffffrage
    They said nothing yet. I e-mailed them.

I will update, however.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • About Time! Hoenn around the corner and we're getting Kalos Legend. Might have done this sooner, or wait till 3rd Version.

Need to time these events better!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    About Time! Hoenn around the corner and we're getting Kalos Legend. Might have done this sooner, or wait till 3rd Version.

Need to time these events better!
    Let's be fair here. Diancie's Mega Stone, Diancite, is available in Hoenn. Getting Diancie right before the new games come out is excellent promotion for the new games, where the new Mega Stone is found, and gives fresh incentive for people to get the game to find the Mega Stone.

If the event came earlier, there would be less interest. If it came later, people would have the Mega Stone in use on foreign Diancies that were either hacked or imported. Nintendo HAD to do it this way.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • They got the event details completely wrong. Someone complained loudly about it and the associates walked over, gave people in the group codes, and left it at that.

I'm surprised Nintendo is doing more events there after the mixup last time over the event.

In other words, with some locations, it was more about corporate greed. I hope those got reported in every case.

eeep. I didn't know it was that bad D: I heard of some things but I didn't expect them to be that greedy.
    I'm hoping this won't be the case here, cause I already pre-ordered the game elsewhere and I don't plan to shell out extra money on another copy(unless like, if I decide to get omega ruby as well too)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    eeep. I didn't know it was that bad D: I heard of some things but I didn't expect them to be that greedy.
    I'm hoping this won't be the case here, cause I already pre-ordered the game elsewhere and I don't plan to shell out extra money on another copy(unless like, if I decide to get omega ruby as well too)
    Apparently someone called Games**t corporate and complained.

Was told that it was corporate policy.

Said he would contact Nintendo and get a code from them for free.

Suddenly, the Games**t rep. realized that they were losing a customer and offered the code.

Go figure.

Years
  • I would much rather this and all events be Online rather than having to Trudge all the way to GAME (which I won't be doing), sure I could understand why they did it in the pre-wireless era, but it seems pointless now with wi-fi.
    I guess Nintendo must make money out of the shops hosting it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I would much rather this and all events be Online rather than having to Trudge all the way to GAME (which I won't be doing), sure I could understand why they did it in the pre-wireless era, but it seems pointless now with wi-fi.
    I guess Nintendo must make money out of the shops hosting it.
    No, the event is free. But they are trying to encourage you to visit your not-so-local gaming supply retailers. Forget the fact that Walmart, Best Buy, etc. all also have the games; apparently Nintendo wants everyone to specifically visit the one that overprices everything, then turns around and offers you a dollar for a game they then turn around and sell for $10. Just so they can be forced to walk through all of the promotional gobbledygo-ok.

...can you tell I hate EB Games, myself? ^^

...apparently, I used a banned word other than the ones beginning with "f" and "s". Since my usage is not profane or vulgar, I have edited in a spelling change.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I have plans to get both, but I really hope they don't make me preorder OR/AS to get them. Last time they wouldn't let me have a code because I wouldn't preorder from them because I'd already preordered from Amazon! I'll probably take some money to buy a game if they refuse to let me have a code this time. I tend to go on or close to when the event starts, so I hope they have some codes left for me when I get there.

Back